[RACE] International Touring Car Championship - #5 - Close this vthreadOpen 

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,843 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are target times for an ITCC license? How to do it?

GTP name: Harsk100
PSN name: HarskGaming96
# of ITCC seasons completed: 1 (ITCC-4)
# of GTP seasons completed (if unsure, please say "more than one"): More than one
# of championship wins: I didn't win any championship yet.
More info will be released by Andrew and I soon. Stay posted to the first and second posts of the thread. 👍

As ITCC© 5 knob head steward, I will not tolerate anyone barging me, bump drafting me or annoying me in any way on track, you will be out the door so fast your feet wont have time to touch the tarmac, I'm just putting that out there so that we dont misunderstand my authority, ITCC© ain't a democracy no more, under my stony-hearted stewardship ITCC© ...WELL JUST LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS.. 'disneyland but with the death penalty' .

Thankyou and if you have any queries please dont hesitate to PM me with the title.. Your Majesty.

Buck! God damn it, buck! Stop being so confusing! :lol:

Guys, there is no license - buck is joking - not serious. There is a factory team test which will be run in an open lobby, where factory-drivers-to-be will be studied for placement on a team. The teams will choose the drivers, and the faster/more talented a driver is, the more likely they are to receive an offer from a team.

Think of it like WTCC or Formula 1 - the teams contact the driver "want to race for us?" And then drivers accept the offer of their choice.

So, if say Citroen Total contacts me, I go do the test and then it gets decided whether I am in?

Buck! God damn it, buck! Stop being so confusing! :lol:

Guys, there is no license - buck is joking - not serious. There is a factory team test which will be run in an open lobby, where factory-drivers-to-be will be studied for placement on a team. The teams will choose the drivers, and the faster/more talented a driver is, the more likely they are to receive an offer from a team.

Think of it like WTCC or Formula 1 - the teams contact the driver "want to race for us?" And then drivers accept the offer of their choice.

guilty-puppy.jpg

So, if say Citroen Total contacts me, I go do the test and then it gets decided whether I am in?
Yes, but there's a full process I'm developing in my head right now. It will be done by Sunday... When registration opens, I'll be ready to run the first manufacturer tests.

Yes, but there's a full process I'm developing in my head right now. It will be done by Sunday... When registration opens, I'll be ready to run the first manufacturer tests.
There will be an Independent's championship?

So ciro are you in full time this season ? i've missed not having you around :)

I was full-time, last season too, is just that I had too many drop rounds. :( Hopefully season 5 will be much better! I miss racing you too. ;)

To me this sounds like you are purposefully allowing some cars to be faster than others, then only allowing the fastest drivers to have these cars?

There will be an Independent's championship?

Yes. Those not selected by a Factory team, or who don't wish to be part of a factory team can still form their own independent's team... But, 60% of drivers will be factory... At least 60%.

I was full-time, last season too, is just that I had too many drop rounds. :( Hopefully season 5 will be much better! I miss racing you too. ;)
Hopefully indeed!

Mel i wont be around on sunday so does that mean i will miss out on the car i want ? #clio

To me this sounds like you are purposefully allowing some cars to be faster than others, then only allowing the fastest drivers to have these cars?
Not at all - the factory cars and independent cars are at the same pace.. But the factory drivers will be part of a separate championship for fast guys, and those who aren't as fast will be part of the Independent's championship... This way, everyone has a chance to win something, even if Johnnypenso, Caine, Jammy or even BanditKarter join ITCC 5. :lol: or, in other words, Independent drivers will have a car which is equally fast, but their championship will be less competitively difficult. Competing on the Independent's side will be still fun and exciting, but less stressful - imagine if you see a gap of two seconds per lap, between you and the pole sitter... :guilty: it's not much fun.

BUT, if you're only 3 tenths down from the fastest Independent, as an independent, then you don't feel as bad.

Not at all - the factory cars and independent cars are at the same pace.. But the factory drivers will be part of a separate championship for fast guys, and those who aren't as fast will be part of the Independent's championship... This way, everyone has a chance to win something, even if Johnnypenso, Caine, Jammy or even BanditKarter join ITCC 5. :lol: or, in other words, Independent drivers will have a car which is equally fast, but their championship will be less competitively difficult. Competing on the Independent's side will be still fun and exciting, but less stressful - imagine if you see a gap of two seconds per lap, between you and the pole sitter... :guilty: it's not much fun.

BUT, if you're only 3 tenths down from the fastest Independent, as an independent, then you don't feel as bad.

Hold on , i thought success ballast would sort anyone disappearing into the distance ?

Ahh ok I get it now, so basically having like two different leagues within the same race?
and the time trial test determines what league you will be in?

edit: what buck said^
also 50kg isn't that much

@Siggers, you're right - 50 kg. Is not much at all... But, coupled in with an Independent's Championship, Factory Championship, Team's Championship and Manufacturer's Championship, it will make a difference... And, if it doesn't, I can always up the ballast a bit.

@Roflwaffle, yes, Factory drivers are competing for overall - it's unlikely that independent drivers will be competing for the overall championship - and if they are, they'll probably be offered a spot on a factory team. :)

@buck1, some of these guys are very, very fast, though, so they could still manage to do well even with the ballast. I'm trying to not nerf the fastest drivers beyond the podium, but to give everyone a chance to win a race or two with the ballast - just a small bit of help that I believe will help to even things out as much as possible.

Also as an alien does that mean i wont be in the same championship as siggers, mel, ciro, nas, bw and all the other slow guys ??? awww shame

Also as an alien does that mean i wont be in the same championship as siggers, mel, ciro, nas, bw and all the other slow guys ??? awww shame

I can't believe you put those 2 names in the same category

:lol: Siggers, she's rarely ever serious.

Everyone, expect the unexpected. The Hyundai I announced earlier paced the other cars by 8 tenths of a second... And the full car list is ready to be unveiled this evening! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back