• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener

ITC-B - ITCC's Entry Level Series

images

Have you always dreamed of racing touring cars? Looking for an easy first-step into the world of GTPlanet RACEing? Welcome to International Touring Car B - RACE's entry level series.

B-Spec Touring Cars are:

..."smaller cars with small, efficient, naturally aspirated motors. Modifications are limited to manufacturer specified performance spring and shocks to keep overall cost down. The only modifications allowed are pre-approved suspension kits, other than that no mods of any sort."

Within Gran Turismo 6, the latest Honda Fit, Abarth 500, MINI Cooper S and Mazda 2/Demio models will be used. For balance of performance reasons, the Abarth 500 and MINI Cooper S are allowed in, but will receive power reductions to limit the effectiveness of their turbocharged engines.

While we're still testing specifications, the base (starting) specifications for cars are as follow:

Base Specs:

~125 hp.
~1005 kg.
~Sports Soft or Racing Hard tires
~Non-customizable suspension (Racing Hard Suspension)
~Racing Brakes
~Standard gearboxes
~Standard (OEM) clutch
~Standard (OEM) differential
~No GT Auto aerodynamics
~GT Auto oil change
~GT Auto Chassis Reinforcement
~GT Auto Rims

Cars will *not* be tuned. Cars will have the parts purchased and we'll see you on the track. Don't even open your settings sheets! This promotes driver talent above tuning talent.

Engine Parts:

Honda:

Sports Computer
132 hp

Mazda:

Sports Computer
125 hp

Abarth:

Power Limiter: 89.5%
125 hp

MINI:

Power Limiter: 66.0%
125 hp

Team Structure:

There will be 8 teams, with 0 factory supported teams. 4 teams will be "Am" and 4 teams will be "Pro." Drivers who have completed a season of ITCC are instantly classified as "Pro." Drivers who have won a different series are also classified as "Pro." Drivers who are new will be classified as "Am," and will compete for separate championships.

Team members will choose their own colour schemes, and the team name. Please note: Pro and Am drivers MUST NOT share a paint scheme. The paint schemes will be the same or exact opposite for team members. If one car is blue with white rims, the other car should be blue with white rims or white with blue rims.

Circuits:

-----------
1. Suzuka East
-----------
2. Silverstone National
-----------
3. Motegi East
-----------
4. Trial Mountain
-----------
5. Grand Valley East
-----------
6. Brands Hatch GP
-----------
7. Nürburgring GP/D
-----------
8. Monza '80s
-----------

Points Scoring System:

Races are the only way to score points. Each race is 25 points to the winner.

1. 25
2. 18
3. 15
4. 12
5. 10
6. 8
7. 6
8. 4
9. 2
10. 1

Three races per weekend, Race 3 worth twice the points - there's 100 points available each weekend.
Connection:
Connections have been greatly improved for ITCC B. As ever, please simply clear cache under "Options" under the Start button menu. It is found under the "Network Settings" under "Options."
Problem Solving:
D/C Procedure: If a driver is disconnected from the lobby, and is able to re-enter the lobby and type "D/C" in the chat box
within 4 minutes of the start of the race
, the race will be restarted. There is a maximum of 1 D/C restart per race, and 2 D/C restarts per driver per race weekend. If a driver disconnects from 3 races in a row, the driver will not be scored in the third race, in an attempt to keep the schedule somewhat organized. Races will remain full distance, minus the number of laps already run by the lead car.

When a D/C restart is called, please back out in order of standing. First place should back out first, last place should back out last. Please back out in a timely fashion and reenter the course as quickly as possible. Do your best to keep the schedule organized. Upon reentry to course, please follow series director's guidance to manually set grid in order of positions as they were when D/C restart was called. Any pass attempts in progress shall be deemed unsuccessful, and the positions reverted to as they were before pass attempt was begun.

DNS procedure is when you're in the race, but you can not get the car to move. You have to back out to XMB dashboard and re-enter the lobby within 5 minutes of the race start. Type "DNS" in the chat box before the 5 minutes are up, and the race will be restarted.

The typing the reason for your departure is to ensure that you have successfully connected once again - the race will not stop if you disconnect twice, or fail to connect for some other reason.

Error 697 or 705 code upon attempting to enter lobby:

You will be unable to connect to the lobby host. If an attempt is successful, you will likely have "invisible drivers" on track.
Port forwarding is a simple and effective solution to this problem. The Series Director, ITCC_Andrew, has port-forwarded all of the required ports for GT6, and this issue should be resolved. However, if not, the first and foremost thing to resolve the issue is port-forwarding.

For more information on port-forwarding, please visit the ITCC Supplementary thread

Weekend Schedule:
Race 1 will be preceded by a qualifying session. Qualifying will reward the fastest driver of each group (Pro and Am) first position in their starting group (Pro and Am.) Am drivers will start ahead of Pro drivers, to promote inter-mingling of Pro and Am drivers for teaching purposes.

Once the grid has been decided, it will be publicly announced in the order the drivers should start in. This means Am drivers will go before Pro drivers in the announced line-up. All you have to do is find the name ahead of or (preferrably :P) behind you, because you're fast enough to get pole! If Joe Schmo is ahead of you, and Lucy Thomas behind you, you should line up between Joe Schmo and Lucy Thomas. Simple!

Now, there will be a pace lap and a rolling start. This means that - during the pace lap - no overtaking! Find your position (for example, maybe you start 3rd - get to third place) and then wait until you're in the last corner. Then, you'll line up in two lines, beside the person who's either ahead of or behind you, and wait for the green flag. You're racing! (Note: There is no actual green flag. The pole-driver starts the race when (s)he crosses the acceleration line.)

First to cross the finish line while abiding by GTP's Online Rules wins Race 1. As an added benefit, you'll start first for Race 2! Race 2 will follow the same rolling start as Race 1, but it will happen without a qualifying session.

Race 3, however, will be double-length and will be set to reverse-grid; the winner of Race 2 gets to start last for Race 3. It's also a standing start race with false start checker! Don't move until the red lights go out, and go when they do!

All races will be run with "weak" draft, normal tire wear, and "real" grid reduction.

Two simple pieces of information so that I can find you...

GTP Name:
PSN Name:

Schedule:

Race weekends:
R.W. 6: Aug. 31st
R.W. 7: Sept. 7th
R.W. 8: Sept. 14th

Special Rules

Bump drafting may only be performed between two or more consenting drivers. Don't push someone who doesn't want to be pushed.

Last edited:
Registered Drivers:

1.@ITCC_Andrew - Mazda - Pro - 51
2.@AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 -Abarth - Pro
3.@Ettick / Ettick_ - MINI - Pro
4.@FordMKIVJ5 / marunda - MINI - Pro
5.@Downhill Dino / daibaspeed - Honda - Pro
6.@GT5photomatic / rotweilerc67 - Mazda - Pro
7.@nascarfan1400 / nascarfan1400 - Abarth - Pro - 15
8.@Storm_SP17 / StormPacer 17 - Honda - Pro
9.@GTracer98 /Driverman447 - Abarth - Pro - 88
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.@Wrcgamer / finlandwrc - Mazda - Am
2.@1996mikey2412 / mikey_2412 - Am
3.@SniperRed3 / SniperRed3 - Am
4.@youngz / youngz_-_4 - Am
5.@Drex124 / Drex125 - Am - 46
6.@holtzy08si / holtzy08si - Am
7.@Cobra_GT500 / Motocross_09 - Am
8.@glenn88 / GDK77 - Am
9.@PatrisS136 / PatrisS136 - Am
10.@Samurai8juice / samurai8juicebox - Am - 99
11.@D-Max /Jimmy281090 - Am - 59

Last edited:
These cars are very close.

Day 1 testing results:

Trial Mountain lap times

Abarth 500 '09 - 1:42.675
Mazda Demio Sport '10 - 1:42.729
MINI Cooper S '11 - 1:42.735
Honda Fit R.S. '10 - 1:43.037***

***revision under way***

After oil changes and revision:

Mazda: 1:41.714
Honda: 1:41.752
Abarth: 1:41.876
MINI: 1:42.050

Driver error is the likely cause. The Mazda got more laps... MINI got one lap.

Edit: OP updated with specs. Registration opens soon.

Last edited:
Like the idea.

Nothing provides closer racing than underpowered cars. 👍

Maybe I'm being blind but I don't see mention of the day this would take place?

Yup being blind. :dunce:

So here's a couple of better questions:

Fuel/tyre wear, what's it set to?

How long are the races?

Last edited:
Sounds like an interesting series. I'm always up for new challenges but I don't want to spread myself out too far by entering too many leagues. This upcoming series seems like a good toe-dipping exercise for me.

So here's a couple of better questions:

Fuel/tyre wear, what's it set to?

How long are the races?
The races wil probably be approximately 15 minutes long. Fuel and tire wear will be set to normal.
Sounds like an interesting series. I'm always up for new challenges but I don't want to spread myself out too far by entering too many leagues. This upcoming series seems like a good toe-dipping exercise for me.
Hey man, cool. :) we've almost already filled the Pro grid, should you also decide to join - half way in a day.

All told, this series would only take about an hour and 20 minutes each week.

Hey man, cool. :) we've almost already filled the Pro grid, should you also decide to join - half way in a day.

Excellent. I'll keep an eye out until registration opens. I'll probably enter in the Amateur class coming from the <-BTCC-> series.

Excellent. I'll keep an eye out until registration opens. I'll probably enter in the Amateur class coming from the <-BTCC-> series.

I'll open it now, actually. The only thing I don't want, is people registering for the wrong car or team. So, I'm only asking for:

GTP Name:
PSN Name:

:)

GTP Name: FordMKIVJ5
PSN Name: marunda

But that's dependent on the time being 12pm EST/5pm BST. Had a quick whizz around Trial Mountain in the Fit and it was good fun. 👍

GTP Name: Ettick
PSN Name: Ettick_

Oh wait you signed me up already 👍

I'm giving GT6 a rest for a week or so, been playing it way too much recently and my leg hurts, so I probably won't make it to the test on Sunday.

Last edited:
Registered drivers updated. :D

Anyone else want in for Sunday testing? ;)
You know my PSN. You have me added.

But if I get a new PS3, I'll try to participate the most championships as possible. I'm not sure yet.

PS: Can we just use more than 1 car? Or "uno coche"?

So, I'm collecting interest for a slight 're-brand' for this: Cooper Cup.

Opinions? If there is significant interest, it would be a no-tuning one-make with just MINI Cooper S '11...

So, I would like to gather opinions.

There would be a 're-brand', meaning that it would not be run as a Pirelli World Challenge replica series, but instead, a fantasy (ish) Cooper Cup

Back