[RACE] NR2003: 2014 GTPlanet Fantasy Series *That's A Wrap!*

Especially since we've all had the same paint schemes for every chase race, let's just limp to the finish line this season and move on to next season
We've made it this far swapping out one crutch for another.
Its only six races though so no point in making any adjustments. We'll just treat his 2014 season like a before he was gone scenario and his non appearance in season 2015 like him getting arrested for drug trafficking...or something.

Besides, I want to see how ironic his finish is without him here.
I can see the irony, but he has a slightly better shot than I do right now.
But what if he becomes champion? Will we have a "deceased" series champion for the first time in this series or something like that? It would be a weird story, that's for sure. :lol:
If it was ME, I'd write it so that the team was left intact, but is under league control to mitigate the damage. If he wanted to, I assume he could communicate with nas on the RaCE forum.

If it was ME, I'd write it so that the team was left intact, but is under league control to mitigate the damage. If he wanted to, I assume he could communicate with nas on the RaCE forum.

A good point, but he never really posted here anyways, so I doubt he'd be arsed with going to the RACE forums. In short, I don't really think he'll show any interest in maintaining his seat for next season. It's more or less the only possible outcome...

A good point, but he never really posted here anyways, so I doubt he'd be arsed with going to the RACE forums. In short, I don't really think he'll show any interest in maintaining his seat for next season. It's more or less the only possible outcome...
Did he resign for 2015. I thought he hadn't.

Did he resign for 2015. I thought he hadn't.
No, he hadn't.
True, so lets say the team is whole, but the owner received a fate similar to Donald Sterling, which I guess he did, but he didn't have a say in it.

True, so lets say the team is whole, but the owner received a fate similar to Donald Sterling, which I guess he did, but he didn't have a say in it.

I don't even who Donald Sterling is (hooray for lack of American motorsport knowledge! :dopey:), so I bet that case is the right way to describe this situation. But really, all we can do is pull the curtains on his career, in the most organized way possible.

I don't even who Donald Sterling is (hooray for lack of American motorsport knowledge! :dopey:), so I bet that case is the right way to describe this situation. But really, all we can do is pull the curtains on his career, in the most organized way possible.
Uh...Donald Sterling was the (former) owner of an NBA team. He was fired after some racial comments.

Uh...Donald Sterling was the (former) owner of an NBA team. He was fired after some racial comments.

See? Lack of knowledge. Or then again, I do remember hearing about that name somewhere now that I think of it... God dang it, that's what I get for not paying attention to most American sports. :lol:

More specifically, he was the owner of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers, who share the same arena with the Lakers, and he was caught on recorded audio spouting racist things. It wasn't the first time, but former commissioner David Stern (oh the irony) did nothing because there was no direct proof of scumminess. He was reprimanded by new commissioner Adam Silver in accordance with the other 29 league owners, and was banned for life from NBA games AND was forced to sell the team.

The Clippers proceeded to have their best resulting season in eons, reaching the second round of the NBA playoffs before losing to the Houston Rockets.

I think that covers most of it.

More specifically, he was the owner of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers, who share the same arena with the Lakers, and he was caught on recorded audio spouting racist things. It wasn't the first time, but former commissioner David Stern (oh the irony) did nothing because there was no direct proof of scumminess. He was reprimanded by new commissioner Adam Silver in accordance with the other 29 league owners, and was banned for life from NBA games AND was forced to sell the team.

The Clippers proceeded to have their best resulting season in eons, reaching the second round of the NBA playoffs before losing to the Houston Rockets.

That and the new owner is (I believe) Steve Ballmer, who used to work for Microsoft.

Thank you and @DurWinning for the explanation.
Also, the Clippers? How ironic, if you look at my PSN name... :lol:

Anyways, back in the general direction of on topic... ;)

I would leave the team/car intact for this season and simply say the driver had to take a leave of absence for personal reasons. Leave it at that. A replacement driver can be named for RP sake but leave the car the same, and next season we can start a new.

The irony is strong in this thread today.

Quite. Now, back on topic.

As raven said, we can just let it be or pull a Furi and replace him with a different person, but keep the car. And we'll eventually start anew, as he never really signed up for 2015. So yes, it's more or less solved after this.

Anyways, back in the general direction of on topic... ;)

I would leave the team/car intact for this season and simply say the driver had to take a leave of absence for personal reasons. Leave it at that. A replacement driver can be named for RP sake but leave the car the same, and next season we can start a new.
Depends on how nas want's the RP setup to go. If he was just the owner, that situation I threw together can be fleshed out, and a 2015 entry can collect the assets. If he was owner and driver, it makes things a bit more complicated. Finally, if he's just the driver, then not only have I been RPing this entire thing completely wrong, but nas could go theeee....2006? Kurt Busch incident, or the Kasey Kahne debacle a few years ago.....And means technically the series ultimately owns us all.

Depends on how nas want's the RP setup to go. If he was just the owner, that situation I threw together can be fleshed out, and a 2015 entry can collect the assets. If he was owner and driver, it makes things a bit more complicated. Finally, if he's just the driver, then not only have I been RPing this entire thing completely wrong, but nas could go theeee....2006? Kurt Busch incident, or the Kasey Kahne debacle a few years ago.....And means technically the series ultimately owns us all.

It's cool - I'm down for however nas wants to handle it. Just trying to apply the KISS principle... keep it simple. :)

And means technically the series ultimately owns us all.
:eek: Does that mean we need owner and driver unions?

How about we keep MrUnknown in, but give him a "penalty". He's still racing but it makes it harder for him to get points.

How about we keep MrUnknown in, but give him a "penalty". He's still racing but it makes it harder for him to get points.
The team should continue to run, we already have one team racing for the owners title alone. As for MrUnknown.....I don't know. Should he get points? I don't know, I lean towards 'No'. Should someone else take the car? I don't think so. Honestly, I'd either 1)take the name off the car altogether, 2) Keep the name but either cross it out in another color or have it in another color, likely red, or 3) replace it with 'Banned'.

The team should continue to run, we already have one team racing for the owners title alone. As for MrUnknown.....I don't know. Should he get points? I don't know, I lean towards 'No'. Should someone else take the car? I don't think so. Honestly, I'd either 1)take the name off the car altogether, 2) Keep the name but either cross it out in another color or have it in another color, likely red, or 3) replace it with 'Banned'.
Here's what I'd do. Keep him in this race and Nas will make his car do something that's not permissible for NASCAR. Then he's done for the whole series.

After some thought, Id like to announce that with the expiration of @MrUnknown's Time here, he is for all intents and purposes, Done for this season.

I was debating who to put in the #7 instead, and I have settled that @CSMDuty11 will be driving it for the remainder of the 2014 season. Seeing he is without a ride for 2015, he may aswell get some time behind the wheel in this series.

Sonic has subsequently left the #7 car. The car is unsponsored, but will run a Russia-patriotic paint scheme for rounds 25-30. I will be making the car simply because there's only a handfull of races left. Unknown is also out of chase contention, giving us 11 drivers in the hunt. I will be finishing this season in the coming weeks, and I mean it this time.

Thank you all for your patience and support of the Series. See you on the track. 👍

After some thought, Id like to announce that with the expiration of @MrUnknown's Time here, he is for all intents and purposes, Done for this season.

I was debating who to put in the #7 instead, and I have settled that @CSMDuty11 will be driving it for the remainder of the 2014 season. Seeing he is without a ride for 2015, he may aswell get some time behind the wheel in this series.

Sonic has subsequently left the #7 car. The car is unsponsored, but will run a Russia-patriotic paint scheme for rounds 25-30. I will be making the car simply because there's only a handfull of races left. Unknown is also out of chase contention, giving us 11 drivers in the hunt. I will be finishing this season in the coming weeks, and I mean it this time.

Thank you all for your patience and support of the Series. See you on the track. 👍

And so the one outcome I was predicting happened... Well, that marks the end of Unknown Sonic's Chase aspirations, and the start of the (short-lived for this season) CMS Russian era. Good luck to him, and hopefully you'll be able to actually finish the season this time. The sooner it ends, the easier it becomes for you to focus on the 2015 season, with or without Fun Runs. 👍

> Sits through 2 hours of racing
> Game crashes before I can get the results.

Yeah... Stuff like this is why we were on such a long break.

Well that saves the girls from Kuni embarrassing us.

Wooow. From Victory Lane to out on the street. Updating the standings now.

I feel that that is the more correct term. :lol:

Too bad you won't get to drive a Pontiac all the way to the birdie house. :sly::lol:

Well, good luck for your short stint in the craziest NASCAR races on GTP, you'll need it. And try to not punt me off the track, we're on the same team, okay?

upload_2015-6-3_13-46-36.png

A possible new entry for 2015.

Back