[RACE] NR2003: GTPlanet Fantasy Series - Season 2 - Checkered Flag

DGEoPl3.gif

Wow I feel old now. I can't even remember where this was left off at. :lol:

But seriously it's really cool to see this become active again. I'll definitely be tuning in because this is a pretty nice and fun way to spend some free time.

:eek:

Four score and seven years ago, nascarfan1400 brought forth on this forum a new thread, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all drivers are created equal.

I was also notified with an alert, nice to see it will continue. Hopefully my Pucko car is still in the mix. Dis gon b gud.

:eek:

Four score and seven years ago, nascarfan1400 brought forth on this forum a new thread, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all drivers are created equal.

I was also notified with an alert, nice to see it will continue. Hopefully my Pucko car is still in the mix. Dis gon b gud.
Dang, So this whole season lasted throughout all my years of highschool
Freshman when started, now a Senior :lol:

For the first time, in a very long time, teams have hit the racetrack.
20190102_162256.png

20190102_162210.png

20190102_162347.png

20190102_162431.png

Again, all images are in game, no editing aside from cropping. Battle of the Bands MAY be moved again as Nazareth cropped up some pit lane issues, if i do change the track again it will be a suprise, but it will still be a night track, and the race will be ran hopefully this week.

Oh wow, seeing my livery in the earlier post... Well there's an unholy abomination from my past coming back to haunt me. :lol: And as I speak, it's getting some good national anthem screentime.

Last edited:
Seeing as how I've watched a whole ten laps of Richmond, I've determined I need to be a part of this. Now to scour 150 more pages to figure out how to sign up...

:D

A disadvantage of residing across the pond is that I missed the start of this, but I just tuned in right now before heading for work. Trying to locate my #69 on the track but I probably retired already. :lol:

Great commentating @nascarfan1400 👍

Edit:

Congratulations @RACECAR

A Top 10 for my old Pucko race car, sweet.

Last edited:
Haven't run well since joining Team Kate Upton, mostly since our owner is suspended. 13th place is a great run considering our bad runs throughout the season.

YES! It's back! Where have you been all of my life? I haven't seen all of the video as of the posting of this comment, but I must say first and foremost that it's great for this deal to be back and live. I do like the kind of bloom/glow of the graphics from the video.

Just to say again- it's great to see this series return. LONG overdue.

PRN: "We're here with tonight's winner and after one season as a single car team and now most of a season as a multi-car team, how is it to finally get to victory lane?"

RACECAR: "I am in shock right now, its been quite the journey to make such a huge transition and make the additions we did. We've had competitive cars, we've had competitive pace as our teammates and even our satellite team haven proven but its never come together for us. Tonight I just had to fight the whole way, I had a feeling this race could be ours and was trying to fight for it. It hasn't sank in yet, but its just incredible."

PRN: "At one point, you made what many will consider the most significant move of the race when you went three wide and got 2nd. Was that planned?"

RACECAR: "I was definitely looking at getting around but it was one of those opportunities that just opened up sooner then I expected that lap so I just went for it when I did. If I could just hold it and place myself just right with the lap cars, I could get by and I got it to work. I knew the 05 had sorta used up his tires already so I just hammered down and caught up with him and got by."

PRN: "You had a hard battle with Silverwing and had contact with the Wall. Any hard feelings towards the 37?"

RACECAR: "It was hard racing, He was going for it, I was going for it. He had a short run car so he had to make something happen and I just misjudged where he was and caught the wall. Car wasn't bad, but it did loose abit of that speed we initially had as it got really tight. I'm not mad, it was just racing."

PRN: "Seemed like you had one of the strongest cars of the race during the second half and it seemed to be really strong on the final restart. What made the difference?"

RACECAR: "Thank the Crew for that. Our car had gotten better as the race went on and they were consistent with making adjustments to keep up. After that fix from the wall contact and seeing we were still lacking short run speed, I made a risky call for them to turn our car into a short run car. Felt like that was our only chance and with the way that restart went with bunching us together, it just played right into our strategy. Our teammate suddenly wasn't very teammate like at the end and gave us abit of a scare, but it turns out they lost communication so it took abit longer for the driver to realize I was trying to get by so all is well."

PRN: "With this win, do you expect anymore wins to come?"

RACECAR: "I'd say this has confirmed that we have the equipment to win. TRD have really helped us with our chassis and our power and now half of our team has won along with the 84 team. I definitely feel more wins are coming, its a matter of having the sort of night that we did and staying on it"

Turns out I didn't quite have the ROTY points caught up so I've updated one of my posts (The one with the 46 car) with the ROTY points from Daytona and have posted the points after Kentucky as well as Richmond. Here they are:

1st: @amaterasu - 274
2nd: @Davis - 258
3rd: @Smurfybug - 253

4th: @RESHIRAM5 - 247

5th: @Clayton Hardy - 247
6th: @AudiMan2011- 243
7th: @Ph1sh - 242
8th: @JockeP22 - 239
9th: @Jordan - 236
10th: @rcb929 - 234
11th: @vetteman24 - 232
12th: @SVX - 222
13th: @GTRacer22 - 222
14th: @KuniKino****a - 215
15th: @PinkKitty13 - 207
16th: @tbwhhs- 206
17th: @Akmuq - 201
18th: @Skython - 162
1st: @amaterasu - 296
2nd: @Davis - 268
3rd: @RESHIRAM5 - 267
4th: @Smurfybug - 267
5th: @Jordan - 261
6th: @Ph1sh - 260
7th: @JockeP22 -260
8th: @Clayton Hardy - 260
9th: @AudiMan2011 - 254
11th: @vetteman24 - 251
10th: @rcb929 - 250
12th: @GTRacer22 - 239
13th: @SVX - 237
14th: @KuniKino****a - 223
15th: @PinkKitty13 - 219
16th: @tbwhhs - 212
17th: @Akmuq - 208
18th: @Skython - 171

All caught up now. Good to see things going again 👍

Last edited:
Testing for Road America going well. Did you guys prefer the streams to the videos? We had a ton of views on the stream last night, thank you all so much!!

I liked the stream format, but I feel like it should be for special races like this while the rest are in highlight form. Gives them that unique flair (Would especially do so with the first and last races of the year) and we got quite the catching up to do with the season.

Edit:

1. Suzumiya - 515
2. Durwinning - 498
3. BKGlover - 496
4. Eva - 494
5. Gerarghini - 491
6. goofytyler - 482
7. samurai8juice - 479
8. amaterasu - 478
9. quietgirl - 476
10. RESHIRAM5 - 473
11. Silver Wing - 469
12. Jordan - 459
13. Doodle - 456
14. nascarfan1400 - 454
15. Niku Driver HC - 451
16. Whitetail - 446
17. Smurfybug - 443
18. rcb929 - 441
19. vetteman24 - 434
20. Ph1sher - 432
21. Audiman2011 - 430
22. Harsk100 - 430
23. Davis - 416
24. JockeP22 - 412
25. swiftsmith - 412
26. Clayton Hardy - 407
27. Granturismo916 - 405
28. The Bman - 405
29. RACECAR - 404
30. tbwhhs - 402
31. Aesthetics - 398
32. GTRacer22 - 385
33. Dustone - 384
34. Michelin - 379
35. SVX - 377
36. ScuderiaLucas - 370
37. KuniKino****a - 352
38. PinkKitty13 - 349
39. raven214 - 332
40. Skython - 317
41. Tired iron - 263
42. Akmuq - 250
43. Jahgee - 151
44. CSMDuty - 32
45. Formidable - 24
46. catamount39 - 21
47. Furikazen - 13
48. Sakura - 12
49. Carbonox - 10

Last edited:
I finally saw all of the race as of this post. All of the band cars looked great. Among some of my favorites... the Qemists car, the Death Punch car, the Principle car, the ZZ Top car, and the No. 76 Pontiac. Two non-band cars I like are the Doritos car and the Starbucks car. The action was pretty intense all race long.

I am fairly okay with the live streaming deal. However, I usually don't make enough time to see a lot of the longer races from start to finish. So that's why I don't usually see long, full-length races. I do add certain long races to my "Watch Later" playlist on YouTube and make sure to keep tabs on certain lengths of videos to remember when to scroll to to see a race at a longer time. That's why I usually sort of prefer the highlight versions than full-length races, and I usually see the highlight races more than most full-length ones. And yes- I'd give the special stream consideration for the marquee races.

All congratulations to (the winner of the Chevy Rock and Roll 400 at Richmond)! Great job by all drivers for their solid drives. By the way (off-topic)... I looked up the Qemists on YouTube. Pretty cool band. Electronic dance music is surely my music genre, and their blend of EDM and rock is pretty cool.

7:29 :lol:

Thank you very much for that livery and the music, @nascarfan1400.
It's the first time I actually see that livery. Seems to have been a lucky
choice in picking Thorleifs as the team band, since my driver qualified 6th and finished 10th.

I just donated thirty bucks to your streamlabs by the way, keep up the good work. 👍
Yea i got that on my stream tonight! :eek: Thank you very much!!!!

Back