[RACE] NR2003: GTPlanet Fantasy Series - Season 2 - Checkered Flag

For the sake of reference, there has been someone who has made Rockingham for NR2003. As a rFactor player, I had downloaded the track for my copy of the game, hence me mentioning it for NR2003 (the two games' fanbases like to exchange a lot of assets between the two, I bet). A 2012 version of the track can be found here, and here's the video proof to back it up;

(ignore the commentary if you like, my main reason to post the video was to use it as visual proof...)

Rockingham is in NC, which defeats the purpose of dropping the Charlotte race.

Well I just goof'd then, because that's definitely not the Rockingham I mentioned originally. Damm repeated English names...

The Rockingham I mentioned is the UK oval that once hosted CART races. Ergo, this one. I apologize for the screw up on my part, I should've noticed it sooner with the video I posted.

Last edited:
RACE TV - We are here with RESHIRAM5 again who finished 29th after starting WAY OUT in second last place

RESHIRAM5 - Qualifying was a shame definitely, I messed up big time though interesting to partner up with my good ol'rival @vetteman24 at the starting grid side-by-side :P, let me just say, the fact that we didn't crash into each other is a 🤬 New Year's Miracle. I guess it was in both our New Year's Resolution list

RACE TV - You weren't exactly moving up positions until the very end.

RESHIRAM5 - Overtaking here is harder than it looks, corners don't really give you much overtaking chance meaning you're usually stuck unless you find an oppurtunity and apparently I was able to do a massive leap. :P

RACE TV - Thank you for your time.

RESHIRAM5 - No problem and big congrats to another Honda driver @Suzumiya

Well of course it was a 🤬 'meh' day, nas. We started in 🤬 38th so yet another 🤬-poor qualifying effort, got 🤬 screwed on pit stops again somehow, losing all progress made in 30 🤬 laps, and oh yeah, we're on a road course that shows why 🤬 stock cars mainly run The Glen because even if you have the best 🤬 car, unless you have :censored:tons of power over the others you ain't getting past the 🤬 because the jack:censored: ahead has ALL the 🤬 advantage, especially when there's one line around the 🤬 track. 🤬 me! Congratulations Suzumiya, but 🤬 I'm already sick of these damned road courses being follow the 🤬 leader.

Nothing wrong with ovals, but I've always enjoyed the challenge of road racing. So it was cool seeing the GTPlanet Fantasy Series take on not only another road course, but arguably one of the best road courses in the United States with Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Brutal late race drama! Pretty cool race. Yeah, light them rear tires up like a boss (winner of UNOH 112)!

Untitled.png

RACE TV: "We're here with RACECAR, having another uneventful finish. How was the race for you?"
RACECAR: "It was really good for us, I kinda knew qualifying wasn't going to be all that great as we just went with our race setup but I knew we had a car capable of being up there in the race and we really didn't need much to adjust the car when we made our one and only stop."
RACE TV: "Any different you guys did for this track? Lessons learn from China?"
RACECAR: "Well with Mid-Ohio, its more like a shorter Sonoma so we went with a setup more towards that but at the same time, made some tweaks just for this track. We went aggressive with suspension since we wouldn't need to worry too much about a really long race and it went well for us, just wished I could've gotten more passes done because that last run we had a car that was even better then when we started"
RACE TV: "What's your overall assessment so far with these tracks?"
RACECAR: "We really need just incremental tweaks for the Road courses more so then any big adjustments. We made the mistake last race thinking we needed a massive swing in adjustments and that pretty much killed any chance of us getting higher, whereas we took it more gradual here and the car came more to me. So that's the biggest lesson I've take so far. Also, great job for our Rookie teammate Clayton Hardy in the 33, he's really started to come into his own and he's been very consistant in being up there. Same to our friends in the 84. And a big congrats to Suzumiya and the 4 crew, finally getting a win for Honda.
RACE TV: "A Strong 7th for RACECAR after starting deep in the pack"

RACE Reporter: Down here with GT22 after a rather uneventful race here at Mid-Ohio. Your thoughts?
GTRacer22: Meh.
RACE Reporter: That's it?
GTRacer22: ...yep.
RACE Reporter: Alright, thanks, I guess?
GTRacer22: Sure, yeah, whatever.

RACE Reporter: Down here with GT22 after a rather uneventful race here at Mid-Ohio. Your thoughts?
GTRacer22: Meh.
RACE Reporter: That's it?
GTRacer22: ...yep.
RACE Reporter: Alright, thanks, I guess?
GTRacer22: Sure, yeah, whatever.
Why are you such an emo in your interviews? :lol: Does your spotter just play PTV and MCR inbetween calls? :P

SVX
Fantastic thumbnail. :cool:

#biasedmuch? How much did Honda pay you and Nas for the shilling? :sly: :lol:

Also, short video, huh...? You'd think a track like Mid-Ohio would be able to offer more in terms of racing, but I guess we were all coasting for this race. As for me, can't really think of anything cool to say, simply because once again my race was a whole lot of nothing with a side dose of mediocrity. And Glover thinks his season is going badly...

#biasedmuch? How much did Honda pay you and Nas for the shilling? :sly: :lol:

Also, short video, huh...? You'd think a track like Mid-Ohio would be able to offer more in terms of racing, but I guess we were all coasting for this race. As for me, can't really think of anything cool to say, simply because once again my race was a whole lot of nothing with a side dose of mediocrity. And Glover thinks his season is going badly...
Not the season, just these last two races.

As for me, can't really think of anything cool to say, simply because once again my race was a whole lot of nothing with a side dose of mediocrity. And Glover thinks his season is going badly...

There's a series he can't really complain... :lol: *wink*

There's a series he can't really complain... :lol: *wink*

Oh look, more shilling. It's like the track's name is Shill-Ohio or something... :sly: :lol:

Not the season, just these last two races.

Well, you still hold a pretty darn good position in the standings. You could've lost a lot more in two races... At least your engine blocks aren't exploding, like in other drivers' cars. Not mine, mind you, but that doesn't really help me get better results...

RACEtv: Whitetail, 19th today after a 36th starting position, thoughts on the day?
Whitetail: Yeah obviously not the starting position we were looking for but I can't be disappointed in the progress we made throughout the course of the day. Pitstops went to plan and there was very little mid-race inturruption so I'm happy that we were all on our best behavior.
RACEtv: Some drivers have been voicing their opinions on road racing especially after today's UNOH 112, what are your thoughts?
Whitetail: Honestly I just do not understand what the problem is for some of the drivers here. Road racing is a completely different animal from the ovals and no one is better or worse. Passing involves different variables from what you would find on ovals but it can be done, this is why some driver float to the top on road courses and others sink. It's not the configuration of the track, how the cars drive, or anything like that which has a bearing on these results it's simply down to the driver and their skills set.
RACEtv: Anything else before we let you go?
Whitetail: Just would like to thank my sponsors and my team for sticking with it today and salvaging a top-20 result. Hoping we can get a better notebook together for our qualifying but race-day performance is where I feel it needs to be to be a serious player for the championship.
RACEtv: Thanks Whitetail.
Whitetail: Thank you.

Back