• 57 comments

Jack

GTP Race Admin
Staff Emeritus
f3b89e869f3788678a452.jpg

rsz_trophy.jpg

Congratulations to the Winner of the Race Of Champions:

PureGT_May

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GTP.jpg

champ2_1133943ajpg.jpg

Picture5-1-1.png

Race Of Champions - Round 7 - The Final

PureGT_May vs GTRP_RudiRaser

Race Details:

Mode: My Page / Online / Expert Class : 700 PP Suzuka Circuit / PRO up to 16 Players
Track: Suzuka Circuit
Car: Ferrari 512BB

Vehicle Specifics:
Ferrari 512BB

Power / HP - 447 (+20)
Weight - 1190 (85%)
Driving Aids: Optional
Downforce: 0 0
Transmission: Optional (Auto / Manual)
Tyre Type: R3 R3
Performance Points: 681 PP
Tuning: Prohibited - Not Allowed
In-Race RA Functions: Prohibited
Use of the G25 Clutch is Prohibited

Race Specifics:
  • Head to head online race.
  • The winner of the race is crowd the overall champion.
  • The loser is named runner up.
  • 10 lap race.
  • Number of Races: 1 Race
  • If 10 laps are not possible, then the 60 second countdown will determine the end of the race.
  • If the 60 second countdown rule comes into play, the leading car at the end of the countdown will be deemed the winner.
  • All races will start from the grid slots 1 and 2 on the start / finish line.
  • The racer listed on the left of the pairing sheet will start 1st.
  • Any interference by non participants (drivers taking part in the public race) during the race will sometimes be unavoidable and should therefore be considered as an unavoidable part of the game.

Pit Stop Rules:
  • No pit stops - 10 lap battle.

Moving off the track:
  • When the race begins, it is important that you move off the racing line in a manner that doesn't interfere with those who are competing in the public race.
  • If you are placed on the left side of the grid, you must move off the track and onto the grass. If you are placed on the right side, you must pull over to the pitwall, positioned out the way.
  • This must be done while being careful not to impeded other drivers on track. Please practice steering off the racing line, to be sure you are comfortable with it prior to your actual race.

Grid Positions:

The race will start from the 1st and 2nd grid slots.

Grid Position 1:
phpFxtHOtPM.jpg

Grid Position 2:
phpmCyfsKPM.jpg

Race Start Time Rules:

The race will start exactly 20 seconds after the commencement of the public race.

All drivers are solely responsible for any delay in getting to their grid position. If any driver fails to get to their grid position in due time, then the other driver has the right to commence racing at the 20 second start time.

If both drivers fail to reach their designated grid positions before the 20 second start time, then the start time will begin at 25 seconds after the start of the public race.

Special Instructions:
  • Contact your race partner and talk about the following;
    1. If you agree to use public drivers slipstream / draft to benefit your lap?
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited in both events.
  • Any driver found cheating will be eliminated.

Drivers Responsibilities:
  • All driver pairings are responsible for:
  • Arranging (via PM) the date & time for their head to head race.
  • Selecting a date & time within the allotted time frame.
  • Allocating one driver from each pairings to inform (via PM) the Race Steward, Jack, of the the result of the race.
  • It is the responsibility of all driver pairings to initially govern themselves in regard to any racing disputes.
  • If any racing dispute cannot be resolved then it is the responsibility of both parties to contact the Race Steward individually by following the race dispute procedure below.
  • All disputes must be conducted in a gentlemanly manner and in private.
  • The drivers may, at their own discretion, ask another driver to act as a 3rd party observer during their race. The drivers would need to mutually agree upon this, and it is not a requirement.
All unresolved racing disputes must follow this procedure:

• If a racing dispute cannot be resolved privately then as a last resort contact any designated Race Steward with the following information.
  • Name PM subject title 'Racing Dispute'
  • Supply Tag of drivers concerned.
  • Supply event name.
  • Supply Date & time of event.
  • Supply Cars driven by drivers.
  • Supply full details and any other relevant information relating to the race dispute.

If a race dispute is received, then the Race Stewards will make a decision for both parties involved. All decisions made by the Race Stewards are final, and are not open to appeal at this time.

Car Options:

• All drivers MUST reset their car to default (found at the bottom of 'Quick Tune'), to erase all previous tunes from the car. You must then follow the guidelines above and setup the car the same. If anyone is found with different settings, they will be exposed and eliminated.

Time Frame:

• All races must take place no later than Thursday 30th July 2009 at 11:59 pm GMT. You must send a PM to me (Jack) with your race result before that date and time.
  • Please note there may be an online update around this date.
  • And all races MUST be complete before the deadline.
  • If you are unable to make contact with the driver you are paired against, PM me (Jack) with the details, at least 48 hours prior to the event deadline.
  • Failure to agree a date & time (Or make contact according to the procedure above) before the deadline will result in disqualification.

OLR Rules & Guidelines:

Follow this link to the GTP OLR Rules & Guidelines
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

All drivers are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the current rules and guidelines. The rules and guidelines are open to change without notice, so be sure to check for changes before taking part in any event.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Jack - GTP_JackStanley

Big thanks to Jukka (JvM) and Maz (Synwraith) for helping me out with the car chioce. Due to a broken PS3 these guys helped with testing 👍

Last edited:
👍 ;)

If you have any doubts about this car at this track, do a lap, watch the replay and marvel at the beauty.

All the best
Maz

hell, that will be fun. :dunce: 👍

MAY, i can race saturday and sunday. i prefer sunday, and how you know, not that late. :dopey: :D

good luck mate. 👍

ehehe.. THIS IS IT rudi... :mischievous: (that was what Michael Jackson said before the tour and puufff :crazy: will i.... :lol: :nervous:

i think Sunday is ok... maybe afternoon 👍

10 tickets available online... :dopey:

Good luck man, how much are you charging for the race day tickets?

very good question, im good at maths lets see... (Maz dont read it plz.. go away) :sly:

GT5 will cost 100€. as we are 2 racers, that makes 250€.
Jack need a new PS3(GT5, 2 sixaxis, 1 wheel included) + 550€.
total is 250+550= 950€

so... i made some more calculations and:
950€ / 10 people = 100€ each person.
its a good price, no!?.. i told you im good in maths :lol:

ps: if people dont show up or if they dont pay it.. i'll ask for the Organizer to pay it all, sorry... :lol: :dopey: :dopey:

Did I not mention the entrance fee to take part? It costs 1 PS3 to race in the final. Thought I added that... opps!

;)

Congratulations to both MAY & Rudi on becoming the finalists for ROC. I wish you both good luck and great racing against eachother. 👍

And I think I can safely say congratulations need to go to Jack on organising such a well thought out H2H competition to find out the best pure GT5 racer on GTPlanet. 👍 If it wasn't for you, none of the guys would know who is the best current GT5 driver or not, and now....we've almost proved it. :cool:

So come on muppets, give cheers all around for the finalists and our ROC organizer. :cheers:

And I think I can safely say congratulations need to go to Jack on organising such a well thought out H2H competition...

So come on muppets, give cheers all around for the finalists and our ROC organizer. :cheers:

of course.. this wasnt possible with the Jack skills.. really well organized and very enjoyable each round so thanks a lot for that Jack :cheers:

thats why i wanna give you a ps3 :sly:

:lol:

i did right now 10 hotlaps, best so far was a 2.05,8xx.

but for today i stop now, tomorrow more. ;)

trying to intimidate me!? :lol: ok lets play then... :sly: keep pushing Rudi... on my only try about 2 days ago with davissi.. i have done 2'04.8 , still more to gain though :P are you intimidated now!? :lol: ;)

whoever chose this car... i must to say its a great choice.. even in R3 is very hard to keep clean all the way so in the end the mistakes will be determinant :nervous: but very enjoyable too and a good car for this type of race.. 👍

oh, only one second faster. so i don´t need more practice. i will just follow you and blow away in the last lap before 130R. :dopey:
live can be so easy.
images

:lol: ;)

whoever chose this car... i must to say its a great choice..

:sly:

As soon as I drove 2 laps I knew this was the car. I managed a low 2'06 straight away so I told Jack that 2'05s and 2'04s were possible, and I realised on R3s it's not a comfortable ride without tuning and you can be caught out everywhere.

Brilliant fun though, beautiful car, perfect choice for this finale.

I cannot wait to find out what happens and I hope I've earned a front row seat through my contribution :D

All the best
Maz

sorry, but the chat still not work at my PC. :indiff: (Java problem)

we can use the PS text chat. ;)

EDIT

check hotmail.

Last edited:
Back