Race Of Champions - Round 7 - The Final - FINISHED

• Thread starter Jack
  • 57 comments
MAY won, compliment. 👍 👍

he was just faster 👍 and i lost my car three times. :ouch:

gratz to the champion.
images

Congratulations to all participants and especially the finalists. Well done Bruno and comiserations to you Rudi.

Great job organising this Jack, you've got quite the record of succesful championships :cheers:

All the best
Maz

damn.. the battery tricked me :ouch: i only got the 1st race until lap 8 and for the 2nd race the battery ran out while searching players.. :( ill post the 1st anyway... was the best race though because Rudi was closer than the 2nd race but the NSX (besides blocking me a bit) when i overtake him he punted me on the S's...

i hope TA has good shot on his cam too :P

Congratulations to all participants and especially the finalists. Well done Bruno and comiserations to you Rudi.

Great job organising this Jack, you've got quite the record of succesful championships :cheers:

All the best
Maz

That says it all, well done MAY, unlucky Rudi, and good one JackOslack. :)

👍

here are the videos from the 1st race.. its a sample because the race that really counted was the 2nd race due the NSX on lap 9 :ouch: but i ran out of battery

part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6LpY34drNI

part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LHK0uCXINY

the 2nd race we aint got a video (maybe TA has.. he was following us) we got full grid again.. after a few minutes of racing i lost it a bit (i dont remember where maybe spoon :P) Rudi passed me... then i fought to get him back.. i was approaching and then he lost it at 130R.. i was with about 6 or 7 seconds ahead made good laps untill the end, actually made 2'04.1(my best) and never saw him again...

Congratulations to all the participants, Jack and thanks all for the compliments :cheers:

edit: i cant put the videos to watch here so back to the links..

Last edited:
From the 88 racers that signed up to the beginning of the championship, I would personally like to say a BIG thanks 👍

When setting up the competition, I never thought I would get more than 40 racers agree but, more than double put their name down :) We had ability from the lower division to the top racers from across different boards, I would like to thank all for taking part.

I tried to run the competition as smooth as I could, and with only a small mix up last round, its ran pretty well. I hope everyone enjoyed it and I hope it was something fresh!

Congrats to MAY for becoming the overall champion and a very deserved win. 👍 :cheers:

Jack :)

Congrats MAY 👍 :cheers: - I lost to the 2nd best racer in the world - funny thing is had I run into MAY in the competition, I'm sure I would've lost to him too. :lol:

I'll help you get the vids directly onto here since you're having difficulty, Mr.MAY, or should I say Mr.CHAMPION!! :D

here are the videos from the 1st race.
part1

part2

Congratulations on your win dude, you've been so humble throughout the competition which makes it such a deserving win for you. 👍

I just watched Parts 1 & 2....wow, just wow. Even with that *insert Jeremy Clarkson swear word here* punting you really hard at the corner MAY, you just kept on with it, re-passing Rudi and maintaining that lead, slamming doors shut and all, great racing from both of you. 👍 There could've been about 3 occasions where Rudi could've done the slightest rub/tap there or here but his braking and car control was phenomenal aswell.

Great race....and hope there's an ROC2 in the future. 👍

Congratulations :cheers: MAY, unlucky for Rudi, and well done 👍 to Jack
for putting on such a great competition.

Two go in, but only one can emerge with the win. Two of the fastest, cleanest racers anywhere made it to the final. Everybody is a winner in this one :)

Parabens Bro for the win :D! But i already knew about that :lol:, just check out one of my first posts in this event :lol:, my friend NISSMAN knew who i was talking about too;)! Your defenetly one of the best drivers i had the pleasure to meet and race long time ago! Keep going and i can see a great racing career in the future inside GT5 👍! GO MAY!

PS: check my post LOL! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115041&page=3 -post#49

Last edited:
sorry, but the chat still not work at my PC. :indiff: (Java problem)

we can use the PS text chat. ;)

EDIT

check hotmail.

Hi Rudi.

Are you using IE8, if so I had the same problem with Java, at the time there was on update for it.

So I installed IE6, Chat works fine with that. (but IE7 may work just as well)

Commiserations, but great battle of two top racers on GT.
Congratulations to Bruno.
Looking forward to the next event already.
Phillip.

Congrats to MAY and bad luck to Rudi.:cheers:

Thanks also to Jack for running this fantastic competition and also for running it so well. I know first hand how hard it is with EYS one to keep everyone happy and two the amount of work that goes into it. Fantastic job mate.:cheers:

I was a bit disappointed I got knocked out so early but it was against MADFORCE so I suppose that was always going to be a tough round.;)

Erm... Ill start sign up again tomorrow...

:lol: Only joking. Event 3 is still running and to be honest I dont have another competition planned... Although I do have another idea for after Event 3 ;)

Here's some footage I captured from behind. Sorry it took me so long to catch up to them though :dunce: I had just woken up and decided to jump in the GT-R using some random tune, so I apologize for my crap driving and camera work :yuck: :lol:

Bruno, congratulations 👍 brilliant drive.
Also well done to Rudi.

I dont plan to run another one... Not right now anyway.

With a massive lack in competitive racing right now I dont think we would get half the competitors sign up. Event 3 is running and is there for people to enjoy right now, and I dont plan to make another ROC for GT5:P.

Congratulations MAY on a superb victory! Great driving, smooth and consistent. The video was entertaining to watch.

And to the runner-up Rudi, superb fighting spirit, and a well deserved second place

I dont plan to run another one... Not right now anyway.

With a massive lack in competitive racing right now I dont think we would get half the competitors sign up. Event 3 is running and is there for people to enjoy right now, and I dont plan to make another ROC for GT5:P.

Well, for what it's worth - The ROC format has been the most enjoyable of all competitions I have entered so far.
Thanks Jack!

Latest Posts

Back