viperi.jpg

Race Details: 'Run what you Brung' 10 lapper at Fuji
Track: Online events/expert/700pp Fuji F world event
Vehicle Specifics: Free choice of car and tuning - MUST BE EXACTLY 700pp

ferrarif40d.jpg

Race Specifics:

Head to head Online race.
  • 10 lap race.
  • Number of Races: 1 Race - Winner Takes All (Winner is credited in event standings, both racers progress to next week)
  • If 10 laps are not possible, then the 60 second countdown will determine the end of the race.
  • If the 60 second countdown rule comes into play, the leading car at the end of the countdown will be deemed the winner.
  • Any interference by non participants (drivers taking part in the public race) during the race will sometimes be unavoidable and should therefore be considered as an unavoidable part of the game.
  • Standard OLR Rules apply

Races will begin 30 seconds after the start of the public race. Please move off the grid immediately at the start of the public race and reform at the start line after all cars have passed. It is your responsibilty to ensure you are formed up correctly on the grid within the 30 second time limit.

The driver listed at the top of each pairing shall be on pole position and should take the slot on the left hand side of the grid with the other driver taking the right hand slot. Please contact your opponent, who can be found here, via PM to arrange your race time.

The winning driver is responsible for submitting the result to Dranddad via PM by the deadline of 11:59pm GMT on the 9th Oct.
Any questions or queries can be posted below or by contacting andydavies297 or dranddad. Have fun and GOOD LUCK!!

podiumj.jpg

Last edited:
TORC_vrrm vs GTP_Eriba

Winner TORC_vrrm.

Looks like we were the first to do battle, and the outcome was just as I expected it to be with, TORC_vrrm (Robert) doing a fine job and winning very easily , I don’t think I was out of the last corner before TORC_vrrm was over the finishing line to win.

Good luck in the next round, Rob.

Phillip.

How about letting GTP_Devie take his place, I know he's technically 20's but it'll give stonemonkey a race, both Aussies too!

How about letting GTP_Devie take his place, I know he's technically 20's but it'll give stonemonkey a race, both Aussies too!

I dont mind Andy, sorry CM cant join us.

I've sent profile message to Steve (GTP_Devie) to ask (on discussion thread) the members of the group if its ok to join them, after all, their the ones that have to make their group work not us, I would love to see him in a group.

Phillip.

Last edited:
I have no problem with him taking part 👍
No... but I may have trouble progressing -- my success rate against "The Dev" is around 1% :dopey:

Seriously though, I'd be very happy to see Devie involved, whether against me or not - I'll leave that to Phillip :cool:

chris

I say the more the merrier so let the latecomers join as they like 👍

Ok Steven I value your opinion as I do all the other members, so I’ve come to a decision, above all it’s a Decade race so, Steve GTP_Devie being in the Twenties that’s the group for him to join.

I would have liked to place Steve in the place of CM to keep that group nice and equal with eight members, which would have been easier for me to format the races.
I’ll try and organise the pairings as best I can, but as you know it’s not so easy with an odd number as it is with and even number.

Welcome to the Twenties Group Steve, GTP_Devie.

GTP_Crispy74 vs GTP_DGiant2000

Winner: GTP_DGiant2000

After over an hour of failed attempts Chris and I lined up (on literally our last go!) with Chris on pole. After a good start, Chris led for the first 5 laps by a margin with me desperately trying to stay with him. Around lap 5 we reached a second backmarker in an SRT-10 who was proving a menace to pass allowing me to catch back up and sense an opporrtunity. Quick thinking saw Chris go past him as he ran a little wide and by the time I got through, the lead had been restored.

We lapped at around the same pace for a few laps before Chris got into his groove and started pulling out a larger lead heading into the final lap. As I struggled to stay with him, I couldn't believe my luck when heading into the penultimate bend, I saw Chris' car sideways on the track so I flew past to take the chequered flag.

Chris was an absolute gentleman congratulating me on a win I didn't really deserve and it was a pleasure to race against such a fair and quick driver.

Andy

Congratulations on the win Mr Davies :cheers: Unlucky break there Crispy. I know how frustrated I would be if that was me. Well done to both of you 👍

Unlucky break there Crispy. I know how frustrated I would be if that was me.

Cheers, it was immensely frustrating as going into that final lap I think I had got about a 2 - 3 second lead and was feeling quite comfortable going through the final few bends until, in typical Chris fashion I gave it too much gas, spun it, and ended up broadside half on the grass half on the track, I threw it into reverse but it was too late as a flash of red in the rearview signalled Andy had just shot past and beaten me!

Big thanks to Andy firstly for having the patience to sit through endless FTCs and game freezes and secondly for a great race, that SRT certainly was a swine to pass, I knew Ihad to get past him quickly as Andy was looming in my mirrors and looking like he was about to take advantage of the fiesty dodge drivers defensive...er, driving 👍

Chris

GTP_Crispy74 vs GTP_DGiant2000

Winner: GTP_DGiant2000

After over an hour of failed attempts Chris and I lined up (on literally our last go!) with Chris on pole.

Andy

Fantastic dedication to the event and GTP forum by these two members, plus, a great race to by the sounds of things. Just goes to show we don’t need GT5 just yet, even if patients are wearing a little thin.

Congratulation Andy and commiserations to Chris.

Both move forward to the next round.

Keep up to date with Results page here (races)
News headlines in the paper here (Special mentions, a look back, where we heading).

Event Round Deadline.

This is the final weekend 11th October (deadline 11:59pm GMT on the 9th Oct. post #1.) for this first round of Race of Decades, as we have had three weekends to complete this round and round two will start, this way we have a full three weekends to complete before the next PD update, as I know your personal lives are very busy.

Important Note.

Although this round will stay open for members who have been on vacation, allowing them to catch up, could you please get your races done ASAP as not to keep your fellow members waiting.

Thanks Phillip.

Sorry for double post.

I've tried to contact Chris/KAMikaze a dozen times but he seems to be offline ... dono what to do now, it'd be unfortunate to have a forfeit so soon in the challenge :(

I've tried to contact Chris/KAMikaze a dozen times but he seems to be offline ... dono what to do now, it'd be unfortunate to have a forfeit so soon in the challenge :(

Yes Steven ive seen your message on his profile page, all noted.

Hey Devie, check this to see that you're up against MadMax for the first race. Good luck!

Thanks Steven.

Nice to see someone is taking interest in the event 👍 ive sent a PM to all in the teens and twenties group, letting them know how they can run their group on a points basis.

Due to the low numbers in these two groups, there will be no knockout, it's all about points, they can all race each other one on one H/H, or a 4 way race, which ever is easiest for them to arrange.

I know the trouble your having just setting up one head to head race, but stick with it, as in the second round all will become clear, when the ACE up my sleeve is played. :grumpy:

Phillip.

I had my much delayed race against KAMikaze/Chris this evening.
Apparently he did not fully comprehend the starting procedure so after completing the first race we agreed to restart.
In the second race I took grid one as ordered by the rules and took my lead.
The race was quite uneventfull as I never had him close to my GT-R, tho his tuned Corvette should have quite some potential as well and I thought he was a better driver than me.

Thanks for the fun Chris and see you online soon 👍

GTP_Steven - GTP_KAMikaze: 1 - 0

Back