Race of Decades - Round 1 Specifics

• Thread starter DGiant2000
  • 32 comments
GTP_Steven - GTP_KAMikaze: 1 – 0
Congrats Steven bad luck Chris.

Results Board updated Steven you have TORC_vrrm in best out of three in round two.
Chris you join myself and Phil in the 3rd and 4th place run offs.

To all combatants don’t forget that round two is best of three.

Head to head Mini challenge at Suzuka East (Tuning allowed)

Hot lap at Eiger AWD 600pp (Tuning allowed)

Time Trial at Daytona Road NSX offline. (Tuning not allowed S2 tires)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121494

Phillip. 👍

GTP_Joylord vs. GTP_Ren831

In the 11th hour SA and myself finally got our Fuji Race slotted in.
(Sorry Andy and Phillip and the waiting participants for delaying so badly :ouch:)
Matching only took like 1.5 hours... not too shabby for a race that takes 16-17 minutes!

*PD: anybody home??? Earth calling PD... hello???*

Phillip wanted to spectate which is quite cool I thought. Less cool was that either SA and Dran got into a race OR Dran and me... On the edge of just binning the whole thing we at the end managed to get into a race together (all three of us even 👍)

Admittedly to my surprise Joylord pitched up in a 350Z. Not one of my favorites, so I was not aware of the pace the car can do, but I was delighted not to be up against a fast D1 man in a GTR. I took the Cali, in the end for the same reason SA ran the Nissan: only cars setup properly for Fuji 700PP in our garages.

Anyway: after our 30s wait we started into our race, SA from Pole. As mentioned above, I do not know what kind of laptimes the 350 is good for, but acceleration wise the Cali displayed a strong advantage off the line, putting me in front for turn-in into hairpin 1. This exiting moment behind us the race that followed went by rather uneventful. I could pull away from Joylord, I think quite consistently over the first couple of laps. Then I started catching up with the other racers. Passed one or two without problems, but one guy thought he can defend his 3rd position by first blocking me off on the straight and then sending me about a mile past hairpin one. Which proved right, for about half a lap. Other children where trying to break any rhythm running around me with their lapped ghost cars, once that got boring running the track reverse or whatever else they do when their big brother is occupying the matchbox cars. Luckily there was not enough capability present to cause real damage to me, I hope SA also got away fine. So except for maybe 2 laps with some interactions I pretty much drove my 10 laps at a fairly consistent pace and was first over the finish line......

Big thanks to SA for the race and, more worth mentioning than I appreciate, thanks for going through the matching pain to make things happen. :cheers:

Of course I am happy to have won on the one hand. On the other I know exactly what a fast man SA is. We have raced each other often (in the earlier days when online racing was still fun and not a pain in the ...), and I have only seen his tail pipes often enough! So I'm not really all that proud, I think a big part of my victory purely goes on account of the cars matched up in this one....

Cheers again Joylord, and again also a huge thanks to the organizers :)

Last edited:
Great result Ren and well done to you both for putting up with PD's shoddy matching, believe me, I know how you feel!

Back