Race-Proven Acura NSX GT3 Now Available Worldwide

Good to hear! I believe it was also announced this weekend at the 24h of Spa that the Honda NSX GT3 will race at the Blancpain series in 2018. With so many strong GT3 cars already in the series (*), having another one there can only make things even better. Looking forward to it!

(*) I believe after qualification at the 24h of Spa this year the 36th car (!!!) was still within 1 second of the car sitting at pole. Absolutely amazing!

(With UK road registration of low-volume/self-built vehicles being a bit simpler than it is in many places around the world...)

Seems like after a trip down to the IVA centre with a roll of duct tape and some zipties; buying, registering and running one of these on the road would be a lot more fun than buying one of these bejewelled multi-million-dollar pseudo-track-toys everyone seems to be obsessed with churning out nowadays.

Jus' sayin'.

I wonder if it's possible for a single person to buy one of these cars for his own personal use, a cheaper and less exclusive alternative to the P1 GTR, FXX K and stuff. And, to be honest, maybe even more fun than these. If I had the money I certainly would, and if possible, make it road legal and use it as a daily driver:lol:

It does have space besides the driver to put the groceries in, right?:lol:

Race it against the new Ford GT.

Different classes but still...

2017-acura-nsx-gt3-vs-ford-gt.jpg

I wonder if it's possible for a single person to buy one of these cars for his own personal use, a cheaper and less exclusive alternative to the P1 GTR, FXX K and stuff. And, to be honest, maybe even more fun than these. If I had the money I certainly would, and if possible, make it road legal and use it as a daily driver:lol:

Many folks around various internet outlets are saying that releasing the GT3 to the public paves the way for a NSX-R to be released next year. So you could very well get something along the same vein as the GT3 relatively soon.

It's easily possible. The question is if you can get the car setup & dialed in on your own; these cars usually require a team of engineers & mechanics for a reason beyond manpower. Add in the running costs which are much, much higher than just tracking a production NSX.

Back