Raced with the creator of GT

• Thread starter Etep
  • 48 comments
Yep, that's right. I raced with him and 3 others (5 total and they said couldn't linkl 6 cuz there was problem). He drove the Supra (Castrol) and I drove the Blue Supra. He won and I was second.

And guess what, in that race, whoever wins suppose to pickup a prize. I didn't win but he gave the prize to me. And guess what, it's a autographed PS2. Yep, autograph on the box and on the machine.

More, I took photos with him. He autographed all my PS2 GT collection: GT3 A-spec, GTC 2001, GTC 2002 both the covers and the DVDs.

Ah.......what a night. Anyway, I will scan my autographed DVDs and hopefully have my pictures developed (sorry, didn't have a digit cam), and I will show you guys!

Oh, by the way, I asked him why Japan, Korea, Europe, Australia, and Hong Kong have GTC but US doesn't. He said it wasn't his decision. But the campany thinks that since GT3 is just out not long in US, she may afraid that GTC will steal the business profit from GT3. But they are working on a US only version of GT3.

In GT4, he confirmed there will be a Hong Kong course. Damn, I can't wait. GT4 will be out primarily end of next year.

Gee, can't believe I am scanning the cover twice a day.
You saw my cover still had clear plastic wrapping. Now they are autographed.

Attachments

• gtc2001_2_autographed.jpg
    gtc2001_2_autographed.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 206
There is only one word for this now

ENVY :D

You got to race against the guy who made GT and because you came second he gave you a ps2. I am soooooooooooooo envious now I could explode and he signed your games. :D

Did you tell him about GTplanet?

You know he is Japanese and I don't speak any of his language. I didn't even have a chance to talk to him (well, didn't know how) but he said there were a lot of them out there and they monitor their fans comment. They will eventually pick some of the ideas and implement them into the next game.

Damn, the only thing I regret is that I didn't pass him the printout of GTplanet I had in my bag. I was just carrying too many things at the same time, the 3 dvds, covers, boxes, ps2, camera, poster, my bag and taking pictures with the car girls and him. :(
But I am sure his team is watching us.

No probs Im sure your right, you luck lucky guy im still sooo envious. :D

Did he beat you by allot or was it a close race between the two of you?

That's pretty awesome man! An experience to be remembered for sure! :) :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
No probs Im sure your right, you luck lucky guy im still sooo envious. :D

Did he beat you by allot or was it a close race between the two of you?

Thanks, Y2TUSCAN :D

All I can remember was:

We were racing in the Midfield course, 2 laps. The first time I played with the Logitech wheel and sitting on the floor looking up the 21" SONY WEGA TV about 4 feet high. He was sitting at the first on the left and I was the the third from left.

Didn't remember much on the first lap as I was usually second or third. Then, I was third into the last lap, passed a white car(now that I think about it, that might be him) from the inside of the first turn, chasing this white NSX-R. I didn't see anything in the rear view minor cuz it was just too small. Just on the straight ahead before the tunnel I passed the NSX on his right but since I usually brake early, the NSX flew by me on my left into the curve before the tunnel. The NSX understeered and into the wall, I kinda used him to turn cuz I understeered too and wanted to accelerate early. But then I saw this Castrol Supra going by me on my right just inside the tunnel. I was about 3 cars length behind and by the time before the hairpin at the S curve, I kinda knew it was him and he braked at the S curve. I was going to slam into his rear but I didn't, I braked too and stayed at his bumper. Usually I just take the grass and go straight without braking. But anyway, I still managed to get on his left into the hairpin side by side. But I guess I wasn't too familiar with the Logitech wheel and a tight Sparco racing bucket seat. I over braked and almost into a full stop in the middle of the road. He then went by me on my right and I lost about 3 car length at the end.

He was pretty good actually. Didn't run off course for the time I was watching. The cars in GTC2002 feel heavier so you need to brake early. But the feeling of pressing the pedals with my foot is sure very different from pressing the buttons with my thumb! :P

I have 20 more pictures in the camera and mostly I will use them up this Sunday. So you guys wait for a few days more and you will see my face and his. :lol: oh, plus the car girls if you are interested. :D

Originally posted by Etep

Thanks, Y2TUSCAN :D

All I can remember was:

We were racing in the Midfield course, 2 laps. The first time I played with the Logitech wheel and sitting on the floor looking up the 21" SONY WEGA TV about 4 feet high. He was sitting at the first on the left and I was the the third from left.

Didn't remember much on the first lap as I was usually second or third. Then, I was third into the last lap, passed a white car(now that I think about it, that might be him) from the inside of the first turn, chasing this white NSX-R. I didn't see anything in the rear view minor cuz it was just too small. Just on the straight ahead before the tunnel I passed the NSX on his right but since I usually brake early, the NSX flew by me on my left into the curve before the tunnel. The NSX understeered and into the wall, I kinda used him to turn cuz I understeered too and wanted to accelerate early. But then I saw this Castrol Supra going by me on my right just inside the tunnel. I was about 3 cars length behind and by the time before the hairpin at the S curve, I kinda knew it was him and he braked at the S curve. I was going to slam into his rear but I didn't, I braked too and stayed at his bumper. Usually I just take the grass and go straight without braking. But anyway, I still managed to get on his left into the hairpin side by side. But I guess I wasn't too familiar with the Logitech wheel and a tight Sparco racing bucket seat. I over braked and almost into a full stop in the middle of the road. He then went by me on my right and I lost about 3 car length at the end.

He was pretty good actually. Didn't run off course for the time I was watching. The cars in GTC2002 feel heavier so you need to brake early. But the feeling of pressing the pedals with my foot is sure very different from pressing the buttons with my thumb! :P

I have 20 more pictures in the camera and mostly I will use them up this Sunday. So you guys wait for a few days more and you will see my face and his. :lol: oh, plus the car girls if you are interested. :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WoW man thats is all soo cool. :eek: Wish i was there.

:lol: Did you get the Racing Nerves?

Well Done mate, that's an experience to be remembered :D

Sounds like a great guy too, willing to race with the fans :thumbsup:

And now you got 2 PS2's :star: I-link won't be difficult in your house anymore :computer:

Originally posted by alexy2k
And now you got 2 PS2's :star: I-link won't be difficult in your house anymore :computer:

I thought about it too. But I still need another TV and another copy of GT. :mad: :rolleyes: :D

how did you get to race the maker of GT and i am very envious too lucky guy that would be cool if you could see him again to tell him about GTPlanet.
[lrmarquee]GTS-R_MAN[/lrmarquee]

Sir, you are a lucky man, and I REALLY WISH I was there.

Did he mention which car companys had put their names down for GT4?

i think the US version GTC will be called Tokyo - Denver, Tokyo was for japan, Tokyo - Geneva was for europe, Tokyo - Seoul was for S.Korea. though im not sure if new cars are included

Originally posted by Etep
Gee, can't believe I am scanning the cover twice a day.
You saw my cover still had clear plastic wrapping. Now they are autographed.

:eek: I am so envious :(

you are sooooooooooooooo lucky and the autograph looks great on your version on CONCEPT 2002 with the NEW GT40

Actually, it was really a surprise for me. They where asking questions before the race to pick out who would be in the race with him. People had to raise their hand and answer the question correctly. There were about 60 people I think. The first question was "How many versions of the GT games there are up to now?" I wasn't sure if they counted US and Japanese versions as two. Anyway, the first guy answered 4 but wrong, there should be 5. GT1, GT2, GT3, GTC2001 and GTC2002. The second question was "In what year was the first GT game released?" I couldn't remember if it was 96 or 97. But one guy told the exact DATE! 23 DEC 1997. Gee, I thought I didn't have a chance but they ask the third question "How many languages there are in the GTC2002 HK version?" You know I just completed the game before I went so I was the first to raise hand and got the answer right! There are Chinese and English you can select from. So there I sat into the 3 bucket seat from the right. And there he was, sitting in the first seat on the left. And of course, the first thing I did was testing the position and pedals. But that was a mistake. I pressed the pedal and that caused a SELECT CAR action!! I selected the MM race car! DAMN, that was a mistake. A horrible mistake. I couldn't go back cuz I wasnt the main PS2. Everyone was selecting and they just finished picking the last guy. I beg the helpers there to reset the machine. But that would take out all 5 machines cuz he had to restart the main PS2. I beg about 4 times I think and he finally did it. That was a bit embarrasing. But I told them if they didn't reset it, it wouldn't be fun at all cuz I would be like a worm against the rockets. So there I was, after about 30 secs, I picked my car, raced a little and took the second place.

Before the race, we only knew there was going to be a small prize but had no idea what it was. All I wanted was to race against him. The press conference of GTC2002 was free if you bought GTC2002 from SONY. And everyone got a free poster and a special mobile phone hand free kit. So I really wasn't expecting that the prize was going to be a PS2. I was thinking more like another game disc.

You see the GTC2002 handfree kit below. Too bad I don't have a Nokia phone. I am thinking of putting it on ebay.

Attachments

• gtc2002handfree.jpg
    gtc2002handfree.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 135
Ok, I guess the newspaper got the pictures before I can develop mine.

The girls (I had a few close up ones :D )
27fu1p.jpg

See the empty seat in the front row? that was where I sat but I was collecting my prize then.
27fu4p.jpg

See how we played?!
27fu15p.jpg

da Man
27fu7p.jpg

Musta been pretty embarrassing having to get everything reset from a pushing a crummy pedal!

Anyway can you post a pic of the signed PS2! - Lucky Guy

And by the way where was this? - Country/City?

Anyway shame you forgot to tell everyone about GTPlanet!

WOW! That is definitely an experience of a lifetime! :eek: I really wish you had told him about GTPlanet, though. It would be great to know that GT's founder was aware of the site. :)

Originally posted by gigo
Musta been pretty embarrassing having to get everything reset from a pushing a crummy pedal!

Anyway can you post a pic of the signed PS2! - Lucky Guy

And by the way where was this? - Country/City?

Anyway shame you forgot to tell everyone about GTPlanet!

:embarrassed: yeah, that was pretty bad. Good thing the MC was filling up the time by saying something like "Oh, we have to check our engines before the race just to make sure they won't explode, ...blah, blah, blah...... " and everyone was laughing.

Here you go! sorry for the crappy quality but that's the only crappy digit cam I have.

It was in Hong Kong (Hong Kong Hotel to be exact).

:( yeah, before the press con, they said there would be like 250 people. So I thought I might be able to just pass him the printout. But damn, I was too excited after winning the prize and forgot all about it.

Attachments

• ps2_autographed.jpg
    ps2_autographed.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 128
Nice!

A member.........I think he would speak Japanese better than English....plus we would be nagging him of progress and stuff oh yeah pics and movies!

Back