RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
We are thrilled to finally share with you all a very special announcement on what has now been brewing behind our curtains for a while.
Porsche is coming to RaceRoom! #WelcomeHome

Porsche and RaceRoom have reached a long-term agreement with the goal of bringing you the best virtual Porsche Motorsport experience. No less than 9 Porsche race cars will come to RaceRoom, with the first three set for release in 2017.

Check out the video to get a first taste of the beautiful Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991 II) and its unique flat-six sound in #RaceRoom
More details will be revealed in the near future.

I don't have a strong PC but damn, that sound is mighty impressive. ;) Graphics and car physics look great as well judging from that trailer.

Good choice of a car to start with IMO, I hope the 911 GT3 Cup would come to Project CARS 2 as well with a future DLC since being on XBox and PS4 Pro, that's my main racing sim. :)

I agree that R3E desires recognition on GT Planet as it is a very good sim. But, most of the PC sims have their own website/forum (Reiza-AMS, Sector3-R3E, Studio397-rF2, etc.) so most sim racers go there for their news and discussions. GT Planet traffic is mostly the console crowd. With that said, GT Planet is nicely run and moderated so access to PC only sims is nice, but the sim specific websites/forums have a lot more activity.

"Congratulations to Callaway Competition for winning the drivers & team championship of the ADAC GT Masters 2017 with their own developed Corvette C7 GT3-R.
Special thanks to the team who gave us access to the car to record the awesome sound.
The Corvette C7 GT3-R will become available with the next patch!"

As someone who will be new to PC gaming, how should I approach R3E? A while ago, I looked at this sim and I could have easily spent over $100 getting content.

Should I pick a hand full of cars and go after the tracks I like first? Or just go buck wild on cars and liveries?

Think they have 3 diffrent packs, like a starter a middle and complete pack, i just reinstalled it all again, time to do some lapping again.

As someone who will be new to PC gaming, how should I approach R3E? A while ago, I looked at this sim and I could have easily spent over $100 getting content.

Should I pick a hand full of cars and go after the tracks I like first? Or just go buck wild on cars and liveries?
Buy vRP here for cheap on the official store: https://www.raceroomstore.com/uk/list_page?cat=24

Then you can get the premium edition with all content for much less than buying direct through steam, close to 30% discount.

And I just found out the hard way that my pedals are not compatible with R3E. This may be a good thing, because my wheel is probably not the best option. I'm using a Fanatec CSR with the basic CSR pedals. There's probably ways to get the pedals to work as a stand alone set of USB pedals, I will just call them "broken" and fast track a sim wheel replacement. I'll be saving to get a Club sport setup. Wheelbase, probably the BMW rim, CSP's and a CSS. I'm kind of disappointed, but I'll live. I'll get one of the editions of R3E well before that though. I need to stay motivated.

And I just found out the hard way that my pedals are not compatible with R3E. This may be a good thing, because my wheel is probably not the best option. I'm using a Fanatec CSR with the basic CSR pedals. There's probably ways to get the pedals to work as a stand alone set of USB pedals, I will just call them "broken" and fast track a sim wheel replacement. I'll be saving to get a Club sport setup. Wheelbase, probably the BMW rim, CSP's and a CSS. I'm kind of disappointed, but I'll live. I'll get one of the editions of R3E well before that though. I need to stay motivated.
There is no reason they shouldn't work, have you made sure to bind the pedals in the control options?

It probably just detected the wheel and loaded the profile without pedals.

There is no reason they shouldn't work, have you made sure to bind the pedals in the control options?

It probably just detected the wheel and loaded the profile without pedals.
I didn't try setting them to combined. I'll try that later tonight.

I didn't try setting them to combined. I'll try that later tonight.
You don't want it as combined, that will put the accelerate/brake on one pedal.

Just go into the control options, basic controls I believe and then change accelerate to the accelerate pedal etc. and then they should work.

I don't think my Fanatec CSPv3's actually show up as a device in game as they are connected to the base, just separate USB inputs do. I only have 3 which must be the CSWv2, handbrake and keyboard from memory so I had to do the same and actually set the pedals up manually same with the shifter.

Thanks again. I must have missed where I can assign controls. I was looking for where and how to do it, but I didn't find it.

I still have it installed, so I'll try again.

:edit:
I figured it out, and mapped my pedals. It worked just like you've said. The sim even created a new profile based on my wheel and my mapped pedals.

So I briefly tried the sim, and I like it. It reminded me of Race Pro on the 360 except that the wheel was coherent this time. None of Race Pro's infamous on center slop, I felt connected with the car and able to understand what it was undergoing, the brakes worked correctly, slides were recoverable with out coming to a complete stop, and the Saleen didn't scare my pants off when driven at 10/10ths. Yeah, I can see my self spending a lot of time with R3E.

I really liked Race Pro on the 360, and seeing all of the tracks in that game, present as content, makes me happy. I always wanted to drive Macau with tighter controls. Looks like I will finally get to do that, and then some. I will definitely be getting the complete package. I just hope the 80% discount is around by my next payday.

Thanks again, for the help.

Last edited:
Thanks again. I must have missed where I can assign controls. I was looking for where and how to do it, but I didn't find it.

I still have it installed, so I'll try again.

:edit:
I figured it out, and mapped my pedals. It worked just like you've said. The sim even created a new profile based on my wheel and my mapped pedals.

So I briefly tried the sim, and I like it. It reminded me of Race Pro on the 360 except that the wheel was coherent this time. None of Race Pro's infamous on center slop, I felt connected with the car and able to understand what it was undergoing, the brakes worked correctly, slides were recoverable with out coming to a complete stop, and the Saleen didn't scare my pants off when driven at 10/10ths. Yeah, I can see my self spending a lot of time with R3E.

I really liked Race Pro on the 360, and seeing all of the tracks in that game, present as content, makes me happy. I always wanted to drive Macau with tighter controls. Looks like I will finally get to do that, and then some. I will definitely be getting the complete package. I just hope the 80% discount is around by my next payday.

Thanks again, for the help.

Like your first reaction about R3E and how you should buy content.. I think it's very personal of what would be the best way. At the beginning I discovered this game, I bought 1 WTCC car and Zandvoort. Tried the game and I liked the handling. Did some free testdrives of available cars and some online competitions were also free to challenge, without buying the car or track you needed for the competition. So I got a very clear image for myself that a whole-in-one deal wouldn't be my strategy but just buy a car or track every now and then. Like a small treat to yourself once a month. I know it's more expensive in the end, but I know I'll drive the cars I bought, instead of buying all the cars and tracks in one deal and I probably won't use 50% of the total package.

Just discovered RaceRoom Experience is on the general GTPlanet forum again.. 👍:gtpflag:

While I'm not able to do triples yet, R3E getting proper support may be the lit fire I need to get a second 1070 and 2 more panels.

Something has popped up, and it's preventing me from getting the complete package, so I got the WTCC 2015 and the DTM 2016 pack. I am absolutely happy with the Nordschleife. It looks amazing, it was laser scanned, right? Cause all of the turns and elevation chqnges feel just like AC's version, just a tiny bit smoother though. Still it was a blast driving the loop with the Audi DTM. That car just felt planted.

I'm going to do more racing tonight. I wonder what I can get into with the content I now have?

I found my answer on the Nordschleife. Yes it is. Why does it feel so different than FM7's Nordschleife?

Last edited:
Back