• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
racing-experience-640x355.jpg

Simbin have now announced RaceRoom The Racing Experience! A free to play title which can be expanded by purchasing additional content.

Story:
http://www.virtualr.net/simbin-announces-raceroom-racing-eperience

So a direct competitor to Simraceway, hopefully RaceRooms content pricing will make more sense.

Bathurst is also pretty much confirmed after these screenshots appeared which Simbin said were from an upcoming title: http://www.virtualr.net/bathurst-by-simbin-first-previews

It looks to be a handsome beast from those shots!

So GTR3 was an assumption? I never knew that. Still, as long as the physics are good and the prices for most of the stuff reasonable (like Simraceway), I'm interested.

GTR3 was confirmed a while ago but we haven't heard anything since the Ferrari P4/5 was shown.

I played this earlier this year while at the Formula D event in Long Beach. Was playing to win a racing seat, didn't do that well. It's hard for me to jump right in to a different game with different physics and be fast right off the bat. Didn't get enough playing time to really comment on how it felt.

Silly question, but how difficult would it be to implement this on the XBox or PS3? I can see SimBin making a fortune with this, considering the number of racing organisations on the consoles.

Silly question, but how difficult would it be to implement this on the XBox or PS3? I can see SimBin making a fortune with this, considering the number of racing organisations on the consoles.

This one graphically looks much more ready than the old Race Pro. They could have a good market on PS3, where people is looking for some racing fun. Expecially considering the suicidal gamplay limitations imposed by PD to GT5.

This one graphically looks much more ready than the old Race Pro. They could have a good market on PS3, where people is looking for some racing fun. Expecially considering the suicidal gamplay limitations imposed by PD to GT5.

exactly i've been trying to find a game to play on ps3 almost as good as gt5 except the f1 games and i cant find anything

Thanks for the heads up, downloading it now. 1.3GB.

Just gave it a quick go with my 360 pad as I couldn't be bothered to set up my wheel. Overall very positive, looks pretty good, sounds brilliant with lots of pops and squeaks and the fantasy track isn't too bad. Obviously can't say too much about physics and nothing about FFB but it felt comfortable with the pad, my first lap was valid and the weight felt good. Will probably get the wheel out later for a proper go.

Last edited:
Downloaded this earlier, definitely good fun. The graphics are great (even on low settings), and the physics are pretty good from what I can tell through my SRW-S1. It is worth bearing in mind that the teaser is not previewing the full on 'hardcore' physics with all the driving aids turned off - nor can you turn any of the aids off in this demo unfortunately.

Fantasy track isn't too bad and has some nice sections to it, particularly enjoying the tunnel with the new improved sounds which are fantastic and give a great racecar feel with various brake squeaks and exhaust pops. Engine note is quite faithful to the real Aquila CR1 too which is a plus!

Looking forward to playing the full version when it's released.

Didn't realise it was a full assists only version although I did find it odd there wasn't any options like that in the menu. Would explain why it felt so stable with no oversteer, braking was also easy. Bit odd they'd put out this version first.

Didn't realise it was a full assists only version although I did find it odd there wasn't any options like that in the menu. Would explain why it felt so stable with no oversteer, braking was also easy. Bit odd they'd put out this version first.

Yeah, I didn't realise it until it mentioned something on one of the loading screens about physics models. I can't remember what they call the one the teaser comes with but apparently the one with the aids turned off is called something along the lines of "Get Real". Don't hold me to that though!

Really looking forward to this coming out. 👍 Not sure I'm too happy about the free-to-play route a lot of developers appear to be taking (e.g. AutoClubRevolution etc.).

And I get 15 fps on medium settings with my brand new 7970M equipped XMG P502 that runs pCARS on high at 50+ fps. The car is also weaving on the straights as if I was drunk... but I m not!

Guess I ll second your oh well, neema.

And I get 15 fps on medium settings with my brand new 7970M equipped XMG P502 that runs pCARS on high at 50+ fps. The car is also weaving on the straights as if I was drunk... but I m not!

Guess I ll second your oh well, neema.
Oh well, if you can't run it with that I can abort steam download.

Back in the days
*old man meme*
Games were scalable.

^ Don't just go to conclusion from one example.

Running silky smooth with my (inferior) system. Not until some time after my test I realized how well optimized it actually looked.

45-50 FPS @ 1280x720 @ High settings. No weird frame drops or anything anywhere. Core i3 2100T/Radeon HD5670 1GB GDDR5/4GB. In other words: runs very nicely on a low-end system. 👍

Not sure if same will apply with a full grid of course. ;)

No good frame rate here, I know it's a new sim, better graphics, details etc but it ask way to much resources compared to rFactor. I know rF is old, but this RRTRE is quite demanding.

This is why I don't like PC gaming.

I have a 3 year old never upgraded PC and it runs this beautifully.

I try it on a newer machine and I can't get it to run.

Back