Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
5044106362415482401_23.jpg

Better than 7-Up.

I don't have anything specific planned (although Mach40s are a must to wrap with :D ).

I'll take suggestions - we've got plenty of back-catalogue stuff to muck around with :D

^ I think I've got all of them.

Slow cars with high slipstream and perhaps low boost usually provide a bit of amusement and are the complete other end of the spectrum to the Mach 40s.

^ I think I've got all of them.

Slow cars with high slipstream and perhaps low boost usually provide a bit of amusement and are the complete other end of the spectrum to the Mach 40s.
I was thinking of bringing Algore's Eco Challenge to RR, but we don't have enough EV/AF vehicles in GT Sport yet.

And that may be the first time anyone's expressed THAT sentiment.

It really was brilliant racing back in GT5/6 LAN days - six EVs or eco-slugs (I think it was Prius, iMiEV, Insight, Jazz, Citroen C3... something else) just droning away with different rpm levels on their CVT, the Prius sprinting away and then running out of battery and becoming a massive anchor (I said "anchor"), or dawdling along to preserve its electricity...

... but I think the only viable EVs we have in Sport are the i3 and Fit Hybrid, and as we proved with N200s the other week, the i3 is just too damn fast...

... and that may be the first time anyone's expressed THAT sentiment.

Perhaps we could do a truck-off? Raptor vs TRD Pro? Will have to tweak them to equivalence and shoot in the face anyone who votes for Northern Isle or Tokyo though. A Le Sarthe no chicane race would be obligatory...

Last edited:
And that may be the first time anyone's expressed THAT sentiment.
You need to start a thread. With a poll. :P

We did a few fuel saving "races" with Zo way back. I was quite good at them. I'm better at going slow than fast!

It really was brilliant racing back in GT5/6 LAN days - six EVs or eco-slugs (I think it was Prius, iMiEV, Insight, Jazz, Citroen C3... something else) just droning away with different rpm levels on their CVT, the Prius sprinting away and then running out of battery and becoming a massive anchor (I said "anchor"), or dawdling along to preserve its electricity...
I've had a quick hunt (I said "hunt") and can't find any, but maybe @daan or @Venari have an old Algore video laying around? Happy days.

Truck-off?

Actually I may be late...

Edit: Apparently so was everyone else, except @Sutsagrd :D

I'm almost certainly away next week probably.

Last edited:
Edit: Apparently so was everyone else, except @Sutsagrd :D
Ah. I was online and waited for awhile, I even made a room but nobody was about except for Suts. Then I noticed you'd made a trucking room and quickly went off to buy the Toyota and apply a livery. I returned and you'd disappeared.

Never mind. Catch you all next time. Or next next time.

Yep. I was on but also buying cars and applying some ready made liveries. I never saw a room come up and could only see @Sparkz_360 in the lobby practicing in a different room.
Then I did some campaign racing...maybe that’s how i missed the room!
Anyway next time...
:cheers:

I won’t be in the country lads. Hope you all have fun.
You've trucked off?

So, base stats:
Ford F-150 Raptor - Power 100, Weight 100
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro - Power 102, Weight 98

That should even them out. They'll both be on SH tyres, except for the dirt race :D There'll just be one dirt race, because I'm not Satan, and aside from that and the first race, everything else will be track votes.

Every driver also has their own personal starting BOP based on the values the Kerfuffle holds for you :D These are:
-3% - @Sparkz_360 (lose 3% power, add 3% weight)
-2% - @Zolon32 (lose 2% power, add 2% weight)
-1% - -
0% - @Famine, @Venari, @daan
+1% - @buybon355, @IfAndOr (add 1% power, lose 1% weight)
+2% - @Sutsagrd (add 2% power, lose 2% weight)

Then, after each race:
Last place - Add 2% power, subtract 2% weight
Second-last place - Add 1% power, subtract 1% weight
Second place - Subtract 1% power, add 1% weight
First place - Subtract 2% power, add 2% weight, change truck

These will be running/cumulative with your starting BOP. If @Sutsagrd wins the first race in the Raptor at 102/98, he'll be in the 0% handicap category and in the Tundra at 102/98. If he then wins the second race, he'll be in the -2% handicap category and in the Raptor at 98/102. If he wins that he's back in the Tundra at 98/102. And so on.

Interestingly, both trucks will just hold 138-140mph on these power ratings on the flat at SSRX, in 5th gear (of six) about 1000rpm below redline. That could make for a "fun" race at SSRX - I imagine the hole they punch in the air will not be insubstantial.

everything else will be track votes.
Can I vote for a dirt track? :mischievous:

Good grief it's warm, I don't think I'll need handicapping further. I've upgraded to a 2nd fan. I might have to start taking some clothes off next!

Can't wait for that turbo to turn up. But in the meantime, trucks will be fun. Do I have to buy a Turdra?

You've trucked off?

So, base stats:
Ford F-150 Raptor - Power 100, Weight 100
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro - Power 102, Weight 98

That should even them out. They'll both be on SH tyres, except for the dirt race :D There'll just be one dirt race, because I'm not Satan, and aside from that and the first race, everything else will be track votes.

Every driver also has their own personal starting BOP based on the values the Kerfuffle holds for you :D These are:
-3% - @Sparkz_360 (lose 3% power, add 3% weight)
-2% - @Zolon32 (lose 2% power, add 2% weight)
-1% - -
0% - @Famine, @Venari, @daan
+1% - @buybon355, @IfAndOr (add 1% power, lose 1% weight)
+2% - @Sutsagrd (add 2% power, lose 2% weight)

Then, after each race:
Last place - Add 2% power, subtract 2% weight
Second-last place - Add 1% power, subtract 1% weight
Second place - Subtract 1% power, add 1% weight
First place - Subtract 2% power, add 2% weight, change truck

These will be running/cumulative with your starting BOP. If @Sutsagrd wins the first race in the Raptor at 102/98, he'll be in the 0% handicap category and in the Tundra at 102/98. If he then wins the second race, he'll be in the -2% handicap category and in the Raptor at 98/102. If he wins that he's back in the Tundra at 98/102. And so on.

Interestingly, both trucks will just hold 138-140mph on these power ratings on the flat at SSRX, in 5th gear (of six) about 1000rpm below redline. That could make for a "fun" race at SSRX - I imagine the hole they punch in the air will not be insubstantial.

I’ll be late to the party tonight. Hope to be there between 845-9pm.
Thanks for my handicap. Let’s see if I can make it work for me!
:cheers:

I've run out of truck puns, but do we want to still try to truck this week?

Back