upload_2019-7-28_19-52-15.jpeg

upload_2019-7-28_19-52-42.jpeg

upload_2019-7-28_19-53-5.jpeg

upload_2019-7-28_19-53-31.jpeg

Edit: some truckin slogans for you @Famine

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hello @Zolon32 / chaps.

Some of you may remember me from such threads as Mik's Mini Racing, Car of The Week, and various Tuner competitions from the good ole days of GT5 and 6 :dopey:.

I've recently started playing GTS after being underwhelmed with it when it came out; I've now got me a Wheel Hub, dusted off the old but functional DFP (again) and inevitably have been doing some Sports Mode racing, which is OK now I've clawed my way out of the mire to SR A :lol:, but I'm hoping get back to some casual, fun racing like the Minis and the COTHO 'Ring races.

I found this thread with some familiar names and interesting races, so I'm just testing the waters really; wondering if you have spare places sometimes? I can't commit to regular attendance so I don't want to dick anyone around but if there's an odd place going, what kind of schedules do you run?

Last edited:
Hello @Zolon32 / chaps.

Some of you may remember me from such threads as Mik's Mini Racing, Car of The Week, and various Tuner competitions from the good ole days of GT5 and 6 :dopey:.

I've recently started playing GTS after being underwhelmed with it when it came out; I've now got me a Wheel Hub, dusted off the old but functional DFP (again) and inevitably have been doing some Sports Mode racing, which is OK now I've clawed my way out of the mire to SR A :lol:, but I'm hoping get back to some casual, fun racing like the Minis and the COTHO 'Ring races.

I found this thread with some familiar names and interesting races, so I'm just testing the waters really; wondering if you have spare places sometimes? I can't commit to regular attendance so I don't want to dick anyone around but if there's an odd place going, what kind of schedules do you run?

Welcome mate, we cook up random combos every Tuesday at 20:30BST, feel free to drop in anytime, we never get full lobbies.

Hey @Woodski_427! Long time no see indeed. I'll have to refriend you - I thought you'd disappeared.

Ah Mik's Mini Racing, they were fun evenings. Quite a crowd at times too.

Yes there are a few of us "from back in the day" still around. Zo's still about but not quite so regular with us at the moment. It's a special moment when he turns up. :)

We try to run a trucking room every Tuesday. We've been trying to to run a trucking room for the last few Tuesdays, without much success. We'll try again tonight. Other than that its, as above, just random events/races each Tuesday 8.00/8.30 until about 10ish. Watch the thread.

For tonight if you're interested...

Courtesy of Famine
So, base stats:
Ford F-150 Raptor - Power 100, Weight 100
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro - Power 102, Weight 98

He'll tweak you when he gets to know you!

You'll also most likely need a maxed out Mach40 (@Famine?) from the gt Sema showroom for the evenings larking about ending.

And a mic would also help.

It's a special moment when he turns up. :)
I'm blushing Paul!

@JockeP22 Thanks very much for the photos Jocke. I'd forgotten how many liveries I'd tried out!

Hi fellas. I'm up for a damn good trucking tonight, but I must confess, I'm absolutely hammered. With a wild stab in the dark, I'd say I've been drinking, but I can't be sure..... Oh yes, I've been drinkiong…. drinkaloogoling…….. you know what I mean.

So, carnage may ensue, but I promise that I'll try to keep it clean.. Might even turn ABS on...…… NEVER!!!!!!

Okay, so I won't turn ABS on, but I will drive with caution. (S******s to self.)

See you soon.

Well, that was trucking good fun. I think the handicap sort of balanced us okay too, so it might be worth sticking to that as a start point - although I don't think handicap mattered at Streets II :lol:

Next Tuesday, post update, Mazda Roadster TCs? They're N200 (obviously they would be, what racing car wouldn't be an N-class car?) so should be as much of a riot as the Clio V6s.

Welcome mate, we cook up random combos every Tuesday at 20:30BST, feel free to drop in anytime, we never get full lobbies.

👍

Hey @Woodski_427! Long time no see indeed. I'll have to refriend you - I thought you'd disappeared.

Ah Mik's Mini Racing, they were fun evenings. Quite a crowd at times too.

Yes there are a few of us "from back in the day" still around. Zo's still about but not quite so regular with us at the moment. It's a special moment when he turns up. :)

We try to run a trucking room every Tuesday. We've been trying to to run a trucking room for the last few Tuesdays, without much success. We'll try again tonight. Other than that its, as above, just random events/races each Tuesday 8.00/8.30 until about 10ish. Watch the thread.

Obviously didn't make it last night :(.

I think your still on my friends list @IfAndOr - your stuff pops up in my GTS window thing. I got into Horizon Zero Dawn when GTS came out, so didn't really bother playing GTS, though I did scan through GTP every now again . But recently I had a hankering for some driving games again...

I have been generally pleased with the driving experience so far, and unlike GT5/6 (mostly) a small change in grip when online - it used to really kill the online experience for me.

Anyway, I'll hopefully catch a few Tuesday nights :cheers:

Last edited:
Obviously didn't make it last night
Shame, we all had a trucking good time.

It should be the new Mazda Roadsters next week - as above. Should also be a bit of a blast (from the past).

I'm disappointed @Famine. With your encyclopaedic knowledge of GT I thought you'd have mentioned which version of GT, which track and which corner my picture above was from. :D

Hope the TCs are available in those colour schemes.

Mazda Roadster TCs?
I don't see any particular reason to run these any other way but stock - plus the overall handicap above. And liveries!

Speaking of, is everyone happy with (and uninsulted by) their handicap position - and everyone else's? Obviously @Sparkz_360 won't be, but it did bring him back to us mere mortals! That includes mine BTW - happy to unpower myself if people think I'm too damn fast at 0% :lol:

Aside from WS:SOWS, which was a bit random and lead to some odd settings for the next race, I think it was fair enough overall.

It's based on how fast Kerfuffle thinks you are for reference. Me, @Venari, and @daan are all within 0.05% of each other on average, and pretty much bang on the mean time too, so 0% suits - but sometimes car/track combos just work... or don't :D

is everyone happy with
No complaints from me either. When we can keep it on track and pointing forward it's generally pretty close. And then there's Spark's. :)

I didn't realise how colourful my truck was! Where the hell am I going on that bottom shot? Perhaps I was trying to avoid Bad Sun Corner.

Turns out that the Roadster cannot lose any more weight.

So, the baseline power stays at 100, but the baseline weight is 104. Add on your handicap:

Every driver also has their own personal starting BOP based on the values the Kerfuffle holds for you :D These are:
-3% - @Sparkz_360 (lose 3% power, add 3% weight)
-2% - @Zolon32 @AndreasR (lose 2% power, add 2% weight)
-1% - -
0% - @Famine, @Venari, @daan
+1% - @buybon355, @IfAndOr (add 1% power, lose 1% weight)
+2% - @Sutsagrd (add 2% power, lose 2% weight)

Last edited:
Gah, tartfarts, I hadn't planned anything for this week. We can do something 80s-based if so desired? Say 1980s road cars, N300 BOP on, winner banned from using that car again?

That should give us the 930, Fairlady Z, Countach 25th (if it can go down that far), M3 Evo, Ferrari GTO, A70 Supra, MX-5/Trueno turned up to a billion if you're brave given the size of the rear tyres?

Or stick with one-make 930s with Kerfufficap?

Back