• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
Any interest?
Norarff, sounds sooper!

Any action tonight :confused:

There certainly is Goofy:

Tonight folks, Racers Reunited are going to try their hands at taming the roaring Honda S660 '15 around the red hot asphalt of Willow Springs, Streets of Willow.

The car will be set at 100% power and weight, and wear super durable C/M tyres.

Anyone quick enough to win (and I'll bet some smartarse is, each race) will get a 10% power penalty. If the same clever so-and-so racks up any more wins, there'll be a further 5% reduction for each time he has the temerity to humiliate his racing buddies in such an embarrassing way!

On the other hand, for the one who comes last in each race there will be an extra 10% power (or extra 5% each additional etc etc, see above.)

There'll be no penalties, so we won't be having to listen to Mark's running commentary on how unfair the game is :). Tyres and fuel will dribble away at No 1 setting, and everything that matters will be set to 'real' or its equivalent.

So, there you go, I honestly don't think that you can get a nicer motor for less than 20,000, and its tidgy size makes it a good match for the narrow and twisty Street of W.

Come along all, and show off you're fabulous liveries
👍

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
he has the temerity to humiliate his racing buddies in such an embarrassing way!
That's going to be my excuse from now on. I don't want to annoy anyone by winning.

for the one who comes last in each race there will be an extra 10% power (or extra 5% each additional etc.)
How high does it go? I might find out. :)

As a future idea, how about a few joker lap type races again at sometime. There's now 4 circuits I can think of that have an extra section in them.

As a future idea, how about a few joker lap type races again at sometime. There's now 4 circuits I can think of that have an extra section in them.
I'm right up for that Paul. It's a great feature of RallyX. Having said that, it's the only way of overtaking in that sport without simply shovelling someone out of the way (which is, of course, far from rare.)

Why not come up with a recipe for tonight goofy.
I think I must have been typing the Bargain Basement Boogie while you put this in Sparks :)

On the subject of the BBB, I've just been clearing out a load of replays and noticed that we had a go with these back in August 2018, around Alsace. I think we used a bit more zip for that meeting, judging by the way they belt along, but the racing seemed good. Roll on 20:00hrs. Speaking of which, if there's enough of us in the room any time between 8.00pm and 8.30 we'll have a little race to ourselves, to get in the mood.

Be ready for members of the public tonight too chaps. Anyone who's prepared to race at our regs and on C/M tyres can't be too bad... can they?

Cheers, Zo.

Crap, sorry guys I got a terrible cold so I passed out at 5pm and just now got up and will go to sleep right away :crazy:
See you all next week :cheers:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...5th-feb-20-30gmt.363415/page-28#post-12628917

12th Feburary: Classics Pick'N'Mix, Round 1: ~50hp sub-1200cc Monsters

So yeah. For anyone who hasn't done 'pick'n'mix' before, you have a set number of cars - in this case, three; the Mini, the Beetle and the FIAT. We will do three races, and you must choose a different car for each race until you've used all three. The tracks will change so you might get lucky with strategy - or not. Then we'll do it all again with three more tracks.

I've added the Sambabus, but we'll see if people want to race it or not. Maybe in the second triplet we'll throw it in for shiggles.

Top 3 in the points after the first three races will get horrible 10, 13 & 16% power penalties for the remaining races. :D

I have my cars ready to roll and I hope I can race tonight. We have a major impact in our apartment tomorrow as the are replacing all windows and the balcony door and there is a lot of work to prepare for it ...
I´ll do all I can to show up :cheers:

I'll start setting up the cars now, I just hope I have enough mileage points.
Each lap of SSRX in the Mach40 will rack you up 180Mi and take about 4.5 minutes - less with huge draft and cooperative slipstreaming. We can run an Mi point lobby beforehand if you want; could net over 1,000Mi in half an hour.

If you have the Tomahawk X, it'll taken even less time.

If I host, you may not be on my friends list. Join early and message me. :)

If Zo hosts, then OK. I will need to call the shots on the track choice though. :D

If you have the Tomahawk X, it'll taken even less time.
I grinded with the X at RX on autopilot. 12 laps awarded me ~2,500mi.

Classics Pick'N'Mix, Round 1: ~50hp sub-1200cc Monsters
Got these ones prepared:

full

Nice bunch of races, Mark. Good job on getting those old engines to near identical speeds. I'd have to say Brands was my favorite of the lot. Buses, buses everywhere. O_o

Thanks @JockeP22 . Network issues made it a bit cruddy for me but yes, slow cars are fun to race. :D

Next week if we want to continue with Round 2, it includes the Porsche 356A which is 1.2millionCr - so get some miles under the tyres using Famine's quick money guide (news article) if you need some ready cash.

Round 2: up to 2400cc
- '72 Alpine A110
- Porsche 356A Speedster
- Toyota 2000GT
- Dino 246GT.

Specs TBD, but in the order of 250hp/tonne, probably CS tyres.

Next week's specs:

Round 2 Classics - 200hp Sports!
Code:
Porsche 356A - 185% Power/92% Weight = 200hp/772kg
Dino 246GT   - 105% Power/88% Weight = 201hp/950kg
Alpine A110  - 142% Power/92% Weight = 196hp/657kg
2000GT       - 138% Power/89% Weight = 213hp/996kg

Comfort Soft tyres. Set your power and weight, then get a racing gearbox and set a 162mph top speed. Tracks will be a mix of short, medium and long.

I suggest you have some practice time with these cars on your favourite tracks... they're a little tricksy.

Monza - No chicanes will be one of the tracks. Choose your weapon with care for it, all four cars behave very differently around the Curva Grande!

I promise to do better with liveries next time. :D Bring out your cool period 60's touring/GT/rally car liveries!

Bought the Porsche. I really like it. I had it at 200bhp, so probably not far off your settings.
Toyota is fun, the others like to swap ends. Should be entertaining.

Ack, I'm going to be in Chesterfieldshire driving Ford SUVs tomorrow evening. Well, probably getting drunk, after driving Ford SUVs.

Well, probably getting drunk, after driving Ford SUVs.
I knew that manufacturer's ranges were becoming more and more divergent, but having a compliment of Small Unicorn's Velocipedes seems like it's a bit too niche to me. Still, Mr Ford knows better than I do, I'm sure.

What's the first track/No of laps tonight @Venari ?

Cheers, Zo.

I think I read on Wikipedia once that Henry Ford was drunk on June 17, 1903.
Coincidentally that was the day after the Ford Motor Company was founded.
Must've been one hell of a party on the 16th and subsequent hangover.
I also read somewhere that this was the reason the T in Model T stood for 'tipsy'.
Which is all true, of course.

1200cc Pick'N'Mix was fun last week, well thought out idea.
2400cc round 2 would have been interesting but I'm not
feeling well enough to race this evening. Catch you next time.

Sorry for not showing up last night... I had bought and prepared my cars on Sunday so I would be ready to test earlier on Tuesday night
BUT all went wrong with lots of work and and a friend that needed some help so it was way too late before I was at home :irked:
Catch you next week :cheers:

I call this one "Network Connectivity Issues"...
alien crash.jpg

So, moving on... wait a minute, I quite like this one:

speedster followed.jpg

So, moving on... In a bit of a break from the style of racing experienced in the past couple of weeks I'd like to try out a meeting which will, subject to drumming up the appropriate level of support, form a part of the 'More Serious than the F.I.A. Championship, Championship.'

For this event we'll need the Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition '14. By which I mean, the normal C4 road car, wearing Comfort Soft tyres.

Set it at 100% power and 91% weight. No other changes required, tuning will be prohibited.

Crate up your motor, with such spares as you deem necessary, and ship it off to Lago Maggiore, where we'll be using the GPII circuit.

There, we will compete in a race of 8 laps, with tyre wear set at X8, but fuel dribbling away at a more modest X1. To be honest, the tough-as-old-boots C/S tyres will barely notice the miles.

This race has 12 points for the win, 10 for 2nd, 9 for 3rd, and so on downwards.

Then, we have a second race...

For this race there will be a reverse grid, along with a minor handicap system. The winner from the first race will have his (Let's face it, Sparks') power set at 88%. The one in second place in the first race will set his power to 91%, and each person, going forward up the grid positions will get 3% more power than the one behind.

This, of course, leaves Sparks at the back of the grid, with a significant power deficit to some of those ahead. However, there is no need to worry, because he's got 25 laps to get the job done. Yes, 25 laps. And, it won't be over until the fat lady has sung her heart out, because, 25 laps may well see some serious degradation of those tough old tyres and, (just as in the first race, although I hadn't mentioned it yet) damage will be on heavy.

Knackered, slippery tyres, slightly oversteery car, and heavy damage. Oh yes, I did say that this is to be a more serious than the F.I.A. championship, championship, didn't I. In addition, when the championship itself is running no assists will be allowed, none.

So, there you go. The points are the same for the second race, so let's see who can pick up the most overall.

Because of the length of this event, we really do need to kick off at 8:30pm promptly please chaps. (If anyone can't make this, but might be able to scrape in at 8.40 or there abouts, please let me know. Otherwise we'll be on it by 8.31...)

Cheers, Zo.

For this race there will be a reverse grid, along with a minor handicap system. The winner from the first race will have his (Let's face it, Sparks') power set at 88%. The one in second place in the first race will set his power to 91%, and each person, going forward up the grid positions will get 3% more power than the one behind.

This, of course, leaves Sparks at the back of the grid, with a significant power deficit to some of those ahead. However, there is no need to worry, because he's got 25 laps to get the job done. Yes, 25 laps. And, it won't be over until the fat lady has sung her heart out, because, 25 laps may well see some serious degradation of those tough old tyres and, (just as in the first race, although I hadn't mentioned it yet) damage will be on heavy.
No pressure then. :rolleyes:

4C - Putting in mostly 1m29s with brakes 2-rear. 3-rear works too. It's tricksy. You have to be patient.

I just want to clarify chaps, that for tomorrow's racing the usual assists will be available. I'm not a sadist...:mischievous:

Back