Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
Yes but what is the track limit? Is it still whitelines or the whole tarmac?

White lines, I believe.

I think that it will be best to stick with the white line rule Jammy. There are some points where 'the whole track' can include going well outside the white line, such as one left hander, which crests a rise, there is a sort of layby to the right just before it, and I've seen people taking really extreme lines there. Generally at Sierra, I believe that keeping to the proper track is the quickest way, the kerbs are nasty, and the grass slows the car down.

620 minutes to go fellas, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has taken part in the Championship, and made it such an interesting and challenging job. I've certainly learnt something about handicapping, and about racing with full damage (maybe we could have a meeting some other time with ABS banned too :mischievous:).

Anyway, good luck to all involved, enjoy your blast through the open countryside, and keep out of those barriers. One final word on that, pressing pause, to avoid damage when you've made a mistake is a misdemeanour which would lead to disqualification. Just saying.

Cheers, Zo.

620 minutes to go fellas
Are you sure? I make it 581 minutes.

After an hour or so drivers may need to stop in one of those lay-bys to have a break.

I'll probably use the Stingray
I gave the Stingray a tryout and on second thoughts I'll think I'll stick with the Vantage. I love the handling of the Aston and the gearbox is much better ratio(ed?). Oh and the brakes are better too, which is always useful.

Congratulations Jammy, you won the title.

I'm very sorry about my reaction, but when you're one step closer to win the championship and then you end on not having the title (which was my case) you get very dismotivated. That's how I feel... :(

By the way, this was a great series and I will keep racing despite of the disappointment which I experienced at Sierra today. Cheers! :cheers:

:bowdown:Congratulations Jammy. Fantastic race event and championship Zo and well done for finishing 2nd. :bowdown:

Great racing at Sierra everyone...well for everyone except the crash twins!! I was very glad to have your company Jocke.

Although I believe I was the best at crashing :sly: as I damaged my front on the same corner every lap.:dunce: And to top it off, I missed the pit lane on the last lap so I did the final lap with engine and 3 corners damaged. It was akin to all 3 wheels steering in different directions. :scared:

Anyway I've realised why I've been so rubbish...no driving line. I obviously rely on it a lot. I used to hate it but learnt to use it in my own way. So my braking points are based on different visuals.
And also because I'm actually no where near as talented as many of the guys in this series.

Thanks Zo again for an excellent championship. If you haven't, you should join Reefer and his madness series. This is the last one starting Saturday 8 April 2017.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-sat-10-30pm-uk-time-from-8th-april.354395/
He's doing a power limit handicap like you've done in the past Zo.

Looking forward to what Racers Reunited does next.
:cheers:

Well done Jammy, in a close fought final round he squeezed to a narrow victory to take the Championship by four points!

Oh, hang on a minute, that's the bit I wrote yesterday afternoon...

Well done Jammy. Bloody hell, how big was the margin?

And well done too to Harsk for making him work for the title, and Longbow, who came a stonking fourth despite missing four races. Fab!

I'm sorry that Sierra turned out as it did for many of you chaps, I love the place to death, and have done a million miles on it, listening to some bird telling me I've lost my combo, or something, or that I'm 'amazing', in a very patronising tone. It seems most don't, and haven't, and for them it must have been torture. I apologise.

If you haven't, you should join Reefer and his madness series. This is the last one starting Saturday 8 April 2017.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-sat-10-30pm-uk-time-from-8th-april.354395/
He's doing a power limit handicap like you've done in the past Zo.

I haven't, but I shall Suts, thank for the heads up. It's full already I see, but I'll jump on as a reserve in the hope that some miss the dates. I notice that Paul's gone for the Rocket. You could knock me down with a feather.

I'm planning something inspired by a little comment that was made half way through the S.H.C. next week fellas. Just a bit of fun though, nothing too serious.

Cheers fellas, thanks to all those who took part, see you next week, hopefully, Zo.

Well done jammy, well deserved title. Always out performing the car you were in. Good job.

Great series zo, thanks for pulling it together. Pleased I managed a couple of wins amongst such tough competition. Grand valley race stands out for me having to battle jammy for most of it.

Yep, congratulations Jammy.
And to Zo for running the show. Sorry I couldn't attend more of the races.

I was doing quite well yesterday chasing Andreas around until I picked up some damage to my left front. I drove around for ⅔ of a lap with my steering at a funny angle and then pitted. I selected a full refuel and dashed into the lounge to check if everything was OK but when I returned my pit crew had been too speedy and my car was exiting the pits! I jumped back in the seat but couldn't prevent the car from hitting the barrier - damaging the left front again! Bugger I thought. Sorry to Andreas for any confusion I caused.

. I notice that Paul's gone for the Rocket. You could knock me down with a feather.
Of course. Sorry Zo I didn't realise you were up for racing at that time of night otherwise I'd have mentioned the series to you earlier.
It's well past your "Cup Of Tea For The Mrs Time". :P

Last edited:
Thank you all!
This was again one of those many championship series with some crazy ideas with the crazy combos we have had in past on GT5 & GT6 with this club. I love them (crazy combos).

Big thanks to Zo :cheers:

Idea was great but in this format if you're fast enough you get kind of stuck with same cars whole series (me: C7 & Boss) but that's the handicap.

Looking forward some crazy races :crazy:

Well done Harsk, Zo and LB for good fight.

@buybon355 GrandValley was one of high light race in this series to me too :)

The trophy is here with me :cool:

WP_20170420_009.jpg

Latest Posts

Back