joe__kerr
1naughtieposter_COPY.png

FROM SATURDAY 8TH OF APRIL
10:30PM UK TIME
5-WEEK SERIES
THE LAST EVENT OF THE GT6 CLASSIC CAR CLUB
16 spaces - Full
But Accepting Reserves

Welcome to a Power Through the Noughties, the last run out for the Classic Car Club's Madness Series on GT6. This time we're mixing it up with "Driver's Pick" and running a handicap system for close racing. All car/track combos have been chosen by our regular members and will be run "stock & oil", same as the last series, but some cars will have a tyre change from their stock form. (See below for details.) You can also change the brake bias to suit and Improve/Restore Body Rigidity. No weight changes, power, drivetrain, suspension or transmission changes are allowed.

Important: We're making a big change for our last 5-week series. We'll be using the power limiter to make the racing as close as possible. So if you've raced with us before, I'll choose what level you should drop your power limiter to. If you haven't raced with us before and you want to join in then you can take a run out with me in order to decide what percentage of limiter to run. Anyone is welcome to join us regardless of ability level. If you have a good attitude, you'll fit in well.

Power Limiter
I have this, subject to change:

UPDATED 6th April (for week 1)
longbow/Ibu-san-----------------------------------------------------87% on power limiter
joe/famine/leo/------------------------------------------------------88%
zolon/john/-----------------------------------------------------------89%
gu1tar3rich/Venari/--------------------------------------------------90%
buybon/sutsagrd/autope/fadmad/Tom_Ascar/IfAndOr/Slant6-----92%
footieclarkey----------------------------------------------------------94%
quentin/---------------------------------------------------------------96%
tooma-----------------------------------------------------------------100%

UPDATE:
I'll set a time (at least 5 days before the next meet) for each combo and all drivers should aim to be in a of +/- 0.5 of a second window of that time. This will be achieved by adjusting the power limiter to match my time. For reference, I'll usually be around 86%. We are doing this for fun close racing.

I didn't want to be presumptuous and add @JockeP22 @gkgamer @Famine @Derek Morten @quentin1974 @jammy21 @LeoStrop @CrazyJohn @Lilium @Benny44 @bcd73 @ibuking39500 or anyone else that's raced with us before. However, it would be great to see you all join! Please note, though, places will be allocated on a first come first served basis so get your name down early to reserve your spot.

At A Glance

5-week series
Saturday evenings 10:30pm UK time (starting 8th April)
Qualifying
2 x 20-min races
Race 1 Grid Order is Fastest First
Second race Reverse Grid
All stock except for tyre, oil and brake balance change
Power-limited handicap
Post a message below to reserve your spot
All welcome

The race room will open at 9:30pm for practice. Qualifying will start at 10:30pm. Race 1 will start at approx 10:40pm until 11:00pm. Race 2 will start at approx 11:05pm until 11:25pm. All times are UK. Points will be awarded for both races.

Race Format: 2x20 Minute Endurance Races
Simply race in a hard but fair way like we know you can! Deliberately cutting corners or dive bombing ain't good. Just be cool and you'll be fine.

Points will be awarded as such:

1st : 25 points
2nd : 20 points
3rd : 18 points
4th : 15 points
5th : 12 points
6th : 10 points
7th : 9 points
8th : 8 points
9th : 7 points
10th : 6 point
11th : 5 points
12th : 4 points
13th : 3 points
14th : 2 points
15th : 1 points

How To Participate

Providing we have space, anyone can take part in Power Through the Noughties. Just let me know of your interest by posting a reply in the thread below then join the Club and you'll be good to go. Places will be offered on a first come, first served basis. The races will be held in the GT6 Classic Car Club lobby. Community Club (ID: 1042717). My PSN username is joe__kerr

Race Room Event Settings

Tuning not allowed
Tyres: depends on car
Race 1 Grid Order is fastest first
Second race Reverse Grid
Tyre Wear/Fuel usage is normal
No bhp or weight restrictions
ABS is available
Driving line is available
All other Driving Aids are prohibited
Require Tyre Type Change is off
No mandatory pitstop
Start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
Penalty is off (may be on for some tracks)
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge is real
Visible Damage is off
Mechanical Damage is off
Slipstream Strength is real or low depending on track
Nitrous is prohibited
Boost is off
Wings are not allowed
Voice Chat will be enabled

As always, this event is all about having fun ;)

Any questions, get in touch!

- joe

==============================

*****WEEK 1: 8th April*****
Race 1: '00 Tooma/Garth / TVR Tuscan Speed 6 TOURING CAR / SS / Silverstone GP Circuit
Race 2: '01 Sutsagrd / Honda Civic Type R (EP, EU) / CS / Cape Ring Periphery
toomapick.png
sutspick.png

*****WEEK 2: 15th April*****
(week 2 and week 3 have been swapped - see updated below)
Race 1: '04 Fadmad / Acura NSX '04 / CS / Tokyo R246
Race 2: '05 joe / Nissan GT-R Proto / SS / Nordschieife
fad.png
joe.png

*****WEEK 3: 22nd April*****
Race 1: '02 Tom_Ascar / SRT Viper GTS / SS / Daytona Road
Race 2: '03 gu1tar3rich / Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro / SH / Brands Hatch GP
Tom_A_pick.png
richy.png

*****WEEK 4: 29th April*****
Race 1: '06 Venari / Aston Martin DB9 / SH / Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Race 2: '07 IfAndOr / LCC Rocket / CS / Cape Ring South
venari.png
paul.png

*****WEEK 5: 6th May*****
Race 1: '08 Buybon / BMW M5 / SM / Le Mans 2013
Race 2: '09 Autope - Ferrari 458 Italia / SS / Nurb GP/F
colin.png
al.png

Last edited:
signups
updated April 27

1. richy #31 - colour tba
2. Colin #13 Braemar Blue
3. quentin #11
4. fad #95
5. slant #76 Sassy Grass Green
6. Famine #6 Viola Dino
7. Ibu-san #15
8. Tooma #77 various colours
9. Suts #88
10. Venari #43 Champion Yellow 4.
11. Tom Ascar #22
12. joe #90 Classic Red
13. Derek Morten #26
14. Zolon #32, Metallic Gunmetal 04
15. Longbow #55 mostly be a dark green shade

reserves

1. Paul #88 an orangey colour
2. Leo #42

Al (currently injured)

Clarkey's name taken off due to no reply

Last edited:
And I'll reserve places for Suts, Venari, Tom A and Al.

What do you need from me?

I trust Venari's assessment of your speed and will be happy for you to run at 88% on the power limiter. But if you want to take a run out with me for an accurate reference point, we can do that.

Men of Speed, please note your percentage below. This is the number you should drop your power limiter down to

joe/famine/------------------------------------88% on limiter
john/-------------------------------------------89%
richy/venari/-----------------------------------90%
colin/suts/al/fad/tom_a/paul/slant6----------92%
quentin/----------------------------------------96%
tooma------------------------------------------100%

The above numbers are based on your results (as a whole) when you have raced with us.

These are my testing times for reference. I have no more to gain, not even a tenth.

Wk.1 R1 - Tooma's Pick
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 TOURING CAR / SS / Silverstone GP Circuit / @88% / 2:05.5

Wk.1 R2 - Suts' Pick
Honda Civic Type R (EP, EU) / CS / Cape Ring Periphery / @88% / 1:56.628

(CARS STOCK & OILED, TESTED IN ARCADE MODE , GRIP REDUCTION REAL and at 10AM when game allows a time change)

Last edited:
I trust Venari's assessment of your speed and will be happy for you to run at 88% on the power limiter. But if you want to take a run out with me for an accurate reference point, we can do that.
I'm a little under the weather at the moment - managed to just about collapse in Switzerland with a kidney stone just over a week ago and I'm still off work for another two weeks - so I'm not able to use my wheel. I can have a crack with the DS3 if you like, as I'm usually only around 5% quicker with the wheel so it'll give you a representative mark.

If you need car colours/numbers from me, I habitually drive with #6 and a purple of some sort. Viola Dino, if I remember rightly.

Ok brilliant my number will be 93 and red please. look forward to the racing fellas

Welcome to the fray! I'd like to establish your power limiter level. So let's do a few laps in the '00 TVR Tuscan Speed 6 TOURING CAR on SS tyres at Silverstone GP Circuit. Then let's move onto the Nurb GP/F in the '09 Ferrari 458 Italia, again on SS. I'd appreciate it if you could take your car out for a practice first so that you'll be up to race speed right away. This will give me an accurate picture of your ability. Can you give me an idea of days and times you're normally online?

I can have a crack with the DS3 if you like, as I'm usually only around 5% quicker with the wheel so it'll give you a representative mark.

Up to you Famine, whichever you can manage. I'd say 50% of the crew are running on a wheel.

Save that #42 for me Joe! :cheers:

Saved! You're at 88% along with Famine and me:tup:

That makes a full grid!

Last edited:
Welcome to the fray! I'd like to establish your power limiter level. So let's do a few laps in the '00 TVR Tuscan Speed 6 TOURING CAR on SS tyres at Silverstone GP Circuit. Then let's move onto the Nurb GP/F in the '09 Ferrari 458 Italia, again on SS. I'd appreciate it if you could take your car out for a practice first so that you'll be up to race speed right away. This will give me an accurate picture of your ability. Can you give me an idea of days and times you're normally online?

Up to you Famine, whichever you can manage. I'd say 50% of the crew are running on a wheel.

Saved! You're at 88% along with Famine and me:tup:

That makes a full grid!

I'm on most evenings during the week and at the weekends mate so you say a time and I will be there to suit you many thanks jon

I'm late as usual. Hopefully you kept a place for me.
I certainly did Suts. You can use any colour you want, no restrictions there.

And remember I'm only "Penciled in Paul", so there'll be spaces I expect.

Yes, see how the land lies with you come race hour Paul. I know how things can be at home. Also, Al has been in touch and it's not looking likely that he can make it (but I will confirm this as soon as I know more).

I'm on most evenings during the week and at the weekends mate so you say a time and I will be there to suit you many thanks jon

Can you send me a friend request? joe__kerr (2 underscores)

I certainly did Suts. You can use any colour you want, no restrictions there.

Yes, see how the land lies with you come race hour Paul. I know how things can be at home. Also, Al has been in touch and it's not looking likely that he can make it (but I will confirm this as soon as I know more).

Can you send me a friend request? joe__kerr (2 underscores)
Yea Joe will send you a request this evening

Joe
I'm late as usual. Hopefully you kept a place for me.
#88 and colour ... something other than purple...can I be difficult and have a different colour for each as my numbers always 88? My garage is looking very purple these days!

:cheers:
You won't clash with my purple - Viola Dino is basically 'particularly nasty black eye' - so don't avoid purple on my account!

Back