Races with grid starts

How is that gonna change the fact everything is a rolling start and thus boring?
Obviously you either don't watch real racing or haven't run a race at a local short track or anything.
Double file rolling starts is the real standard in actual racing with exception of Formula grid starts and timed starts in rally.
Single file the way PD does is seriously flawed and needs to go away except in the chase down events.

Obviously you either don't watch real racing or haven't run a race at a local short track or anything.
This coming from the guy who seriously thought the standard AI is Sophy?

But no, I haven't raced in real life, because I'm not rich. (I also live in Finland which doesn't come even close to offering as many opportunities for real life racing as the US, soo) I do watch real racing though, but Formula 1 uses a grid start soo...
Really wish double file rolling starts was a thing in GT7 😢
More to the point...a two file rolling start would only fix so much when acceleration is automated, so unless we have to actually manually react to the green flag...yeah.

Last edited:
This coming from the guy who seriously thought the standard AI is Sophy?

But no, I haven't raced in real life, because I'm not rich. I do watch real racing though, but Formula 1 uses a grid start soo...
Back in the day, I thought with all the Sophy talk it was going to be standard at launch for PS5... Boy was I wrong...
The AI has been terrible this entire time... funny how AI line code was better back in 2003 from Papyrus 🤷‍♂️

In a weird way, GT Sport had a slightly better rival like mechanic where one of the mid pack cars you passed would aggressively hunt you down. Now the AI gives up once you pass until a pit cycle, then a few of them shave off 2 to 5 seconds off laps after the out lap.

Back in the day, I thought with all the Sophy talk it was going to be standard at launch for PS5... Boy was I wrong...
The AI has been terrible this entire time...
Indeed. I'd hardly call the joke of an AI a revolutionary, advanced AI that even the pros cannot beat. :lol:

Sophy obviously isn't the same level in the game currently, since it's only partially implemented.

Really wish double file rolling starts was a thing in GT7 😢
They kind of are. I've noticed particualrly in most of the Gr.3 Cup races (Suzuka, Daytona oval, etc) have rolling starts where the cars are much tighter together and in an offset double file. It's not "Proper" double file but at least the leader isn't half a lap ahead.

They kind of are. I've noticed particualrly in most of the Gr.3 Cup races (Suzuka, Daytona oval, etc) have rolling starts where the cars are much tighter together and in an offset double file. It's not "Proper" double file but at least the leader isn't half a lap ahead.
They aren't remotely close to double file... while tighter single file is better, it doesn't feel as good (IMO) navigating through the pack that first lap without making little to no contact.

Polyphony had it for online races in GT Sport for some events, I guess getting the AI to not door slam each other as they attempt to zipper merge is a lost cause :(

They aren't remotely close to double file...
You mean this isn't double file?

20970509909467189.jpg
20970896290839110.jpg
20970948771227620.jpg

These are all Gr.3 Cup races, by the way. They may not be door handle to door handle, but I certainly see two distinct lines of cars, as opposed to one.

And even if you still don't admit that, surely you must agree that any of these start formations is much better than this..

(Lead car, start of WTC 800 race)
20970252223717297.jpg

Back