Races You Enjoyed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tagger
  • 62 comments
  • 3,797 views
Messages
454
Messages
Craig.Kast
Messages
Tagger68
I won a 1964 Genetta Lotus from the Beginner Japanese Classic Event(I think that's how I got it). After a few upgrades I took the car to the European Championship(the Beginner series). That was one of the probably the most fun I've had in the beginner races. I'm not sure why. The car sounds great with a racing exhaust but it has a stock transmission making acceleration akin to watching paint dry. I think it was just fun jockeying with the other oldies as each car attempted to achieve its entry line. Whatever the reason(s), I had a lot of fun and will probably set up more races with classic cars. I think my Genetta is tuned to about 118hp. It could take some more and that might make it even more fun.
 
not many to be honest, and i LOVE GT, they needed to add more prize cars to be honest, and I hope a dlc adds new events (should be super easy since it requires picking track, cars, and prize amount)

I think the best events are yet to come..when online play begins to give us money! should be intense!
 
but yea, if i had to choose one it would be the championship where you are up against the 787b and chapparell and so on, 1 lap of nurmbergring, SO intense, and I saved the replay, I won first in the last 10 seconds it was amazing :)
 
I really enjoyed the ib-10 licence.. If you want to win you need to drive very enjoyabley :) fast all the way with great drifts.
 
i would say the advanced SLS AMG challenges

Driving the 300SL in the rain was a challenge in it self, fighting with a brick that wants to understeer on corners exhasted me

the 1lap challenge was messed up though as i has 20 seconds under gold not much of a challenge.
 
Only races where I've really experienced enjoyment is where I've spun or gone off and had to drive the wheels of the car for a lap or two to catch up, otherwise it's just a case of outbreak everything into the first few corners and cruise the rest of the race.

For the most part GT5 was far to easy to be enjoyable.

In fact what I was most shocked at was how easy the dream car championship was, it seemed that there was only one competative car racing against me.
 
For the most part GT5 was far to easy to be enjoyable.

Thats sad but i have the same experience. You are either way to slow or crushing your opponents on the first lap and drive away.
It`s not my job to try out 10 cars to have a fair challenge at each race.

One of the most enjoyable races i had was yesterday. I drove like a maniac with my Camaro RM the first race at lvl 16 oldies cup. It was probably one of my best races, the Camaro was at its limit 100% of time.
 
I enjoyed FF challenge :D Its fun, one of the first few races you race in GT life, also it brings back GT4 memories :)
 
anything on nurburg ring, i love that track no matter how frustrating it can get.
 
I won a 1964 Genetta Lotus from the Beginner Japanese Classic Event(I think that's how I got it). After a few upgrades I took the car to the European Championship(the Beginner series). That was one of the probably the most fun I've had in the beginner races. I'm not sure why. The car sounds great with a racing exhaust but it has a stock transmission making acceleration akin to watching paint dry. I think it was just fun jockeying with the other oldies as each car attempted to achieve its entry line. Whatever the reason(s), I had a lot of fun and will probably set up more races with classic cars. I think my Genetta is tuned to about 118hp. It could take some more and that might make it even more fun.

Totally agree with you here - I have an only slightly tuned Elan S1 '62 that's a ton of fun!
 
Believe it or not, I really liked the VW SambaBus race in Special Events. Who ever came up with that idea was brilliant. 👍

Nothing about those vehicles should be considered "high performance" , which I guess is why it gave the event it's charm. I should have rolled that bus more then once, but something kept all four wheels on the ground.. perhaps theres more gravity at the Top Gear track then the rest of the planet? :scared:
 
I LOVEEEEE the kart races, those thins just fly and driving them with a wheel makes them feel that much better :)
 
For the most part GT5 was far to easy to be enjoyable.

This is why it gives us the wonderful ability to repeat races. Set yourself a challenge and choose a purposely low powered car, see how low you can go while still winning and you'll end up with some great close races.
 
I loved the ferrari race event in the grand tour :D In fact i really enjoyed all the grand tour apart from the night tuscan race.
 
Very few races to choose from but one which gave the best race experience so far was Pro class Super car event on the Nurburg GP track.

1st few attemps i was up against a more than rapid Zonda and Jaguar XJ200 which i struggled to keep up with (which was great).

Went away and upgraded tires to Sport Soft and was fighting for 1st with a Lambo Giardo (sp) but my new found grip meant he couldent keep up. Went to Sport Med and this was perfect balance with the leading cars. Giving a rewarding and suprising race. For once the A.I seemed on good form making for a very enjoyable realistic experience. Now why isnt every race like this?
 
Karting, super fun and intense, winning by 0.01 is awesome :D
 
The Vitz race was good fun. :) It took me 4 tries to beat it.
 
The Grand Tour sticks out as a really fun event that builds on the vision of the future I think. I'm only half way through Level 21 but out of everything so far, in true top gear fashion: I loved all 3 events. I actually loved the Lotus Challenge the most. The Samba Bus and VW events were humorous events that could be straight out of the show.
 
Choosing one it would be Monaco in the Ford mark IV during the historic championship. I had some randomly gift me the car, im not going to complain it is awesome.
 
- Online game of night+weather at La Sarthe
- The Extreme A-Spec SuperGT one on Suzuka, in full rain

Don't know why they hold off with the good stuff till the very last bit of the game, beginner/amateur/professional series were a snoozefest in my opinion.
 
A lap of the Nurburgring in my MINOLTA Toyota....so fast i was actually scared about coming off in the game (and my fingers ached afterwards)
 
I can't remember which event it was (I think it was the Dream car one) on Toko R246 for 10 laps. I spent the first 3 laps getting as far ahead of the XJR-9 as possible (managed 10 seconds as it was stuck behind a worse car, while I was in my Murci SV). Got to 10 seconds then had to fight like hell for the last 7 laps to not let it catch up to me. It was intense.
 
Next week i will do the 4h Nordschleife with for me the best car to drive - the M3 GTR 2001 - im gonna enyoy every lap
 
I'm going to say the Lupo GTI one at the Nordschlife was one of the best.
 
Anything that is around Grand Valley. To say that its a custom track right form GT1 I never tire of it. Shame the same thought didnt go into Cape Ring. I get so bored on there!

With the new Physics Power sliding into the first hairpin on grand valley always makes me Grin. It makes me forget some of the bad things in the game for just a moment.
 
Being relatively new to the GT series, almost all of my first races were the most enjoyable. That whole, "Whoa..." feeling made all of them amazing. My first race in Madrid was great because I had no idea how sharp of a turn that it would have. And my first race on the Nurburgring... I'm still feeling the excitement. The whole feeling of adrenaline and worry that maybe I should slow down in the straightaways because I wasn't sure when or how sharp the next turn would be.
 
Any online close battle races that does not involve people quitting in the middle of the race.
 
Lupo Cup Car race, one of the funnest cars in the game on a track that suits it well.
 
Back