Races You Enjoyed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tagger
  • 62 comments
  • 3,797 views
Only races where I've really experienced enjoyment is where I've spun or gone off and had to drive the wheels of the car for a lap or two to catch up, otherwise it's just a case of outbreak everything into the first few corners and cruise the rest of the race.

For the most part GT5 was far to easy to be enjoyable.

In fact what I was most shocked at was how easy the dream car championship was, it seemed that there was only one competative car racing against me.

What level are you ? have beaten the game ?

Driving the day/night cycles at Nurburgring in online races...is the absolute best ever !!!! 👍👍👍👍
 
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say the Lupo Car Cup Race. Wish they had more, why not an entire series.. I hope they add a whole series for the Lupo at one point. Perhaps for the mm-R too. Generally I like the one make races. It's slightly more of a challenge, although the Lupo race was easy. Hope for more one make events in future DLC/GT6. The best would probably be low powered open cockpit cars, like Formula Renault, GP2 and GP3.
 
The Lupo race wasn't fun because of the challenge (it wasn't challenging) but because the Lupo handles incredibly well and just puts a smile on your face when chuck it around the green hell
 
Without doubts the Lupo Cup Race, so amazing and funny...the only bad thing is the very poor IA so no challenge in the race, but i like small car and i like Nurb :dopey:
 
I really enjoyed the Expert Japanese championship. Used a Fairlady Z with minor engine mods so I was evenly matched on power. That was some proper racing, it took me three laps on the ragged edge just to close the 1.2 second gap to first place at Tsukuba. Most races were down to the wire and I won the championship by 20 points in the end.

I really don't understand the people complaining that it's too easy. Instead of taking a Veyron to the Sunday Cup and complaining the AI's stock Civic can't keep up, why not try using the same cars as the AI?
 
Loved the 2nd race of the grand tour special event. The Ferrari one with the Scuderia.
 
I really enjoyed the Mini race. I dont think I modded the car one bit to win. Other then that, I really liked doing the Grand Tour. The cutscenes were quite beautiful in it.
 
Im entering too many races far over powered for the competition. Most of the races ive done up until about halfway through expert have been extreme blowouts.

This is always annoying about racing sims, when they allow you to beef a car up and enter a race with AI running stock cars. This obviously isnt an issue with arcade racers. Im not having much fun right now. The only times I actually struggle is in the special races. A-spec is a joke for the most part though.
 
Im entering too many races far over powered for the competition. Most of the races ive done up until about halfway through expert have been extreme blowouts.

Then maybe get a slower car? 💡

I was bored today so I took my 430HP M3 CSL into the tuned car championship. :dopey: I expected to be completely destroyed, but it turned out to be a really fun five races. There was an Amuse S2000 that won every event by 20 seconds, but battling for second was great :D I ended up fourth overall because of a spinout on the last lap of the last race, but I had a great time anyway.
 
Then maybe get a slower car? 💡

I was bored today so I took my 430HP M3 CSL into the tuned car championship. :dopey: I expected to be completely destroyed, but it turned out to be a really fun five races. There was an Amuse S2000 that won every event by 20 seconds, but battling for second was great :D I ended up fourth overall because of a spinout on the last lap of the last race, but I had a great time anyway.

I wish I was FORCED to do that. I went into that Japanese championship race in expert, I happened to have an Evo X with every upgrade, I won every race roughly 30-45 seconds ahead.

I wish they had hp restrictions, like many of the forza 3 races have. That helps keep it competitive.
 
Playing Expert Gran Turismo All Stars on Cape Ring in a stock 495BHP Super GT Xanavi Nismo GT-R. The competition were all Le Mans cars that had at least 300BHP more than my car but I battled to finish 4th out of 12th. Keeping up with the pack was hard work but was great fun, playing the underdog has its thrills!
 
The historic cup at Monaco/Deep Forest was very fun/challenging as well as all the races in the SuperGT championship.
 
Extreme European Championship's 5-lap Monza.
Extreme Deutche Tourenwagen Challenge 1-lap Nordeshleife.
Extreme Deutche Tourenwagen Challenge 8-lap Nurbergring GP/D.

Expert MR Sports 2-lap Circuit de la Sarthe 2009.

Professional Lupo Cup 1-lap Nordeshleife.
Professional La Feste Cavallino 3-lap Monza.
 
Saturday I raced with GTP_Fuzzy, GTP_GTP01, Chadwicksracing, JDM_Blitz, JoeoftheFire, and several others (sorry for not remembering all the names). We ran Cup cars at Daytona Superspeedway and had a lot of fun in spite of the wrecking (unintentional). The event proved to me that you can have a good online experience if you find the right people to run with.
 
24hrs of Nurburgring with the #88 Toyota Minolta race car and DFGT = FUN.
 
Spinning out and catching up is fun. I like to chase and overtake late in the race, rather than speeding past the comp and never looking back. Karting, vitz and Ferrari gran tour was fun.
 
Turning up to races in completely stupid cars :D

Loved winning the italian car cup in my Lime Green Fiat Panda and the supercar nostalgia races winning in My Lotus Europa against ferrari 512 muiras etc :)

The ferrari race was also good fun, racing my 512 BB against an Enzo the whole way round!

It's the first race where i've seen some of the AI cars having been clearly modified, annother 512BB came in 4th ahead of F40s 599s and 40s etc was nice to see!
 
Don't know what race it was, but driving the VW Lupo aroud the Nurburgring was great fun. In the Schwarzwald League B , I used an Audi R8 around the 'ring and that was an absolute blast as well.
 
Supercar Nostalgia Festival...

...in a '69 Camaro!!! WHOA! Handling the beast against the finesse of european supercars of that era was amazing... Epic, epic, EPIC!
 
Super GT - Suzuka - in the rain
Nissan GT-R GT500

Span on the first lap. Put me in last place. Fought for 6 laps to take the lead! Excellent fun :D

@OP - Do you mean a Ginetta G4? or is it G20 in this game? Don't know what a Lotus Ginetta is...
 
Super GT - Suzuka - in the rain
Nissan GT-R GT500

Span on the first lap. Put me in last place. Fought for 6 laps to take the lead! Excellent fun :D

@OP - Do you mean a Ginetta G4? or is it G20 in this game? Don't know what a Lotus Ginetta is...

Ah yes, glad you asked. I realized over the weekend that I had the car named incorrectly. It's the Ginetta G4 1964 (Lotus Yellow).
 
While I absolutely hate the Historic Cup (it should be in extreme, and not expert, when we're at a higher level and with the means to get a proper car), I really enjoyed the GT All Stars. It was edge-of-my-seat driving, and nearly losing control of Stealth F1 around Nurburgring was exhilarating. All 5 races in that series were close, and took some concentration to win.

The best races are the ones where all opponents are closely matched... and behaving themselves :D lol

I can't wait to try some rally events, as that's my favourite type of racing.
 
Super GT at a Wet Suzuka. I was grinning from ear to ear, cockpit view in the NSX was utterly useless. Such a fun driving experience.

GT Rally Final Series. Needs more rally, and needs a lot of it. SO! MUCH! FUN!
 
I'm going to say the Lupo GTI one at the Nordschlife was one of the best.

This 👍

I loved it, such a fun little car to go round that track in.
 
This 👍

I loved it, such a fun little car to go round that track in.

Same here, I got it into my head that it was a proper race so i could only overtake when i saw a real opportunity, not throw one up the inside bumper-cars style. Only took 1st place as we were coming down the long final straight!!

Additionally, in terms of sheer concentration, the nurburgring race in the dream cars championship. Only the 2nd race i've encountered where its been raining, tc off, abs 1. I've never had to concentrate so much in my life, I just hit the zone and went faster and faster and faster, I felt like Senna :sly: I ended up winning it by about a minute but I didn't let my pace drop at all.
 
My favorite race so far had been the iA-10 license. I'm A-spec 20 and all 60 gold Licenses.
 
AMG Academy advanced and expert 👍
I really liked it, it was just maybe little bit too easy to win gold...
 
I'm going to say the Lupo GTI one at the Nordschlife was one of the best.

Same here.That was a great race.Good to see i'm not alone on this one.
Nurburgring is an amazing course and worth the game fee alone.
 
Last edited:
Back