Racing Car Super Lap: Matterhorn Rotenboden

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 176 comments
I just noticed that Brunoblak's lap has been deleted.👍

In celebration:D I ran a few more laps on the Matterhorn and lowered my time to a smoking 1:23.792, which gained me 102nd place on the Leaderboard.:)

See you on the track!
GTsail

Looks like the complaint I filed with Sony/PD has paid off.....you're welcome. :) I also alerted them how it was being done so we'll see how they handle this in the future.

image.jpg

It seems I underestimated the HSV. Someone fast could get it round in under 1:25 I'm sure

1:23.287 for 8'th atm with DS3. My settings are @GT_Rajman's from last TT, tuned down for the occasion:

SUSPENSION:
65 60
11.10 15.10
5 5
6 6
6 6
0.0 0.0
0.06 -0.07
BB: 4 8

TRANSMISSION:
Set top speed to 260km/h

LSD:
5 15 9

POWER:
50%

BALLAST: 81kg's at -45

-No oil change.

That's all; seems to work fine here; will do 1.22, even with this old guy on DS3. :)

Made some more changes and improved my time :dopey:.

Above tune with:

65/53 Ride height.
-0.01/0.00 Toe
LSD 5/12/5
Ballast 85kg @ 18

Thanks again to @Roweer1 and @GT_Rajman
Also, credit to @iliasdc for Ride height & Ballast setting. Thanks!

:cheers:

Matterhorn is really a nicely designed complex. This layout can be a pain, but also a joy if you manage to get a clean lap. Thanks a lot @iliasdc for sharing your 2j tune. :bowdown:

This lap has a ton of room for improvement, but was fun. :)

Here I improved my previous time by a second thanks to a nice tune and attacking the track a bit. I became so anxious while approaching the finish line that I shifted into 3rd too early. :ouch:

I used the same setup as @Growling:

I just tried @SW__10 's above tune but with @iliasdc gears and improved to 1:22.125

Massive thanks :cheers:

[EDIT]:
Actually I used @SW__10's new setup with @iliasdc's gears.
The new setup was this:

Above tune with:
65/53 Ride height.
-0.01/0.00 Toe
LSD 5/12/5
Ballast 85kg @ 18

And the gearbox:
:
:
Transmisson:
first reset to default, then final 5,500
after max 220 klm
1'st: 1,580
2'nd: 1,132
3'rd: 0,847
final 4,444
:
:
[/EDIT]

Time: 1:22.865. An excellent result for a tame driver like me. So thanks a lot for a great setup guys! :gtpflag:

BTW: The car is good, but this track gives me headache. I hate the combination of the 1st corners and also the top speed jump; it seems to be really random whether I get the car on the right line or not. And if I don't the car jumps off-track immediately...and would need massive repairs IRL. Poor Chaparral. Well, perhaps I just lack the skills needed. :lol:

[EDIT2]:
A small improvement with the same setup: 1:22.604. :cheers: I seem to be in flames with this Chaparral (I was the 67th in ranking at Monza 700pp, which is my personal "record", and now there is a chance I could end up again in top 100...). I really have to love this well-handling "fridge". :)

Last edited:
I used the same setup as @Growling:

[EDIT]:
Actually I used @SW__10's new setup with @iliasdc's gears.
The new setup was this:

And the gearbox:

[/EDIT]

Time: 1:22.865. An excellent result for a tame driver like me. So thanks a lot for a great setup guys! :gtpflag:

BTW: The car is good, but this track gives me headache. I hate the combination of the 1st corners and also the top speed jump; it seems to be really random whether I get the car on the right line or not. And if I don't the car jumps off-track immediately...and would need massive repairs IRL. Poor Chaparral. Well, perhaps I just lack the skills needed. :lol:

Good lap time. I have the same troubles on the downhill jump - it seems totally random as to whether I stick the landing or not. I've been taking it slower this evening so I don't get as airborne but have more control. It works but lose some time doing it that way. Beats crashing though.

Above tune with:

65/53 Ride height.
-0.01/0.00 Toe
LSD 5/12/5
Ballast 85kg @ 18

I was already trying with a lower rear ride height (at least i got that right), but the movement of ballast really made the car feel sharper (made the downhill jump more of a lottery though!) -and i was able to pull a 1:22.611 with intermediate times good for a low 1:22.2 with the combination suggested by @Growling. So thanks @SW__10 and not least: @iliasdc! :cheers:

Seems the brazilian is back with a vengeance; he has multiplied, or?:rolleyes:

Matterhorn is really a nicely designed complex. This layout can be a pain, but also a joy if you manage to get a clean lap. Thanks a lot @iliasdc for sharing your 2j tune. :bowdown:

This lap has a ton of room for improvement, but was fun. :)

Here I improved my previous time by a second thanks to a nice tune and attacking the track a bit. I became so anxious while approaching the finish line that I shifted into 3rd too early. :ouch:

Good vid there man...Good to see a good driver, who isn`t a complete alien...Your time is pretty much like my own in that Chaparral...By pure coincidence I`m down to a 1.24.506....Most of my attempts end up in crashes, but every now and then I complete a full lap...

Only "complaint" about Your vid is that You have MPH instead of KM/H on the dial...Makes it impossible for me to compare speed...There should be a law against MILES...But we can`t be European all us, can we..:lol:

Last edited:
I was already trying with a lower rear ride height (at least i got that right), but the movement of ballast really made the car feel sharper (made the downhill jump more of a lottery though!) -and i was able to pull a 1:22.611 with intermediate times good for a low 1:22.2 with the combination suggested by @Growling. So thanks @SW__10 and not least: @iliasdc! :cheers:

Seems the brazilian is back with a vengeance; he has multiplied, or?:rolleyes:

And to You mr Roweer...Goood to see a fellow Dane that high ranked for once....And with a contoller....`grats..👍

Last edited:
It could possibly be the FTO Super Touring car as it is under a tonne/ton light, is relatively small and nippy with plenty of grip from the 4WD .. I'm at 1:30.5xx and there could be anything up to 2 seconds more for more to get with a good fast lap. 👍

I have gained those 2 seconds today with the FTO, now on 1:28.600 and I still see the possibility of gaining even more now, definitely up to .5xx and maybe even another second. :D

But I might just jump in the 2J over the weekend. :scared: :indiff:

If I can't break the .135 sec Gold threshold with the Audi S1 Quattro later I'll buy/try the FTO - always a favourite of mine - refuse to spend my money on a 2J yet :banghead:

Half an hour with the 2J and I have put in a time of 1:24.442 tho that should be much lower, .5 at least, I should be into the 23's

If I make it through the first chicane smoothly, I can get to the top of the hill in line with @SW__10 and @matej2547 but then I keep making a right mess of it in various places coming back down, it's 🤬 infuriating! :banghead:

EDIT: managed to tidy up the last two sectors just a little bit, enough to get a 1:23.902 #154 for now. :crazy:

Last edited:
...but then I keep making a right mess of it in various places coming back down, it's 🤬 infuriating! :banghead:

Same here, the downhill bit for me is 8 out of 10 times a straight plunge into the ravine.:ouch::ouch::ouch:
Finally did get a half decent lap together with a 1:23.644 (DS3). Was a couple of times up on my time only to mess it up in the second to last hairpin corner under the bridge :mad::mad::mad:

I go grab a beer now :cheers: and will probably keep away from this horrible track.

Nailed it first attempt (after some fine tuning the settings in free run) on seeing the replay my driving through the mid sector is pedestrian and needs improvement to gain valuable seconds. The FTO can go much faster and brake a little later or not at all in some sections whereas the Quattro would try to murder you by colliding wit the nearest hard surface if you 'got creative'. I'll have another pop tomorrow I nearly got the Nismo GT-R one too so I must be back on form :lol:

At 1:22.122 I'm done with this one. My 52 year old reflexes just won't go any quicker. Thanks to Roweer1 and SW_10 for posting the tunes.

Great time; Congrats'!:cheers: ....And Dammit! I was beginning to think that i might just be the quickest +50 year old on this one. But at 1.22.365, i'm not quite there -but perhaps i'm the quickest +50 with DS3? Gonna have another go coz i have a sub-.200 in me and there's a whole bunch of you guys right up there...

EDIT: Switched to @iliasdc's settings exept a slightly lower 1'st gear and nailed a 1:22.027 this evening! Ilias: Wow!:cheers:

Last edited:
i know i'm late to the party on this one but made a 2J that's friendly to us non god like drivers. turns well at all speeds and takes the down hill bump at full throttle.
550PP
341 HP
908kg
45:55
Ride 60/65
Springs 10.40/14.30
Dampers 3/5 6/4
ARB 6/4
Camber 0.1/0.4
Toe -0.05/0.20
Brakes 4/8
Transmisson
IFG 2.500
TS 260 km/h 160 mph (might have to set to 165 mph)
1st 2.554
2nd 1.893
3rd 1.545
LSD
5/13/9
Body
Ballast 83@+35

Great time; Congrats'!:cheers: ....And Dammit! I was beginning to think that i might just be the quickest +50 year old on this one. But at 1.22.365, i'm not quite there -but perhaps i'm the quickest +50 with DS3? Gonna have another go coz i have a sub-.200 in me and there's a whole bunch of you guys right up there...

EDIT: Switched to @iliasdc's settings exept a slightly lower 1'st gear and nailed a 1:22.027 this evening! Ilias: Wow!:cheers:

Hey, nice improvement! I might have to try that setup.

Back