Racing Car Super Lap: Matterhorn Rotenboden

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 176 comments
Why don't we make our own GTPlanet challenge? @nowcontrol or @Roweer1 or anybody should choose a car that everybody likes and that is not often driven, and then we'll all make a GTP leaderboard in the OP. Would be fun, no?

Well we don't want to clog up this thread, the last dozen or so posts is enough off topic now, but anybody is free to make a separate thread for such a challenge with a specific car.

And we also have the Stock Seasonal Threads that are all so nicely put together by Hastatus for those kind of challenges.

Last edited:
Man! I ran a 1:31:734 earlier and it counted it as a red lap for some reason. I had a white time all the way to the finish line. I paused it right after i crossed it and it didn't count my lap for some reason.

Use the 2J it is a fun car to drive. 👍

I'd rather not. Not just yet anyway. There's still a bit of time to come with the A4.

Edit. I also refuse to spend that much on a car.

Last edited:
I've read posts about people accusing people of hacking their games to achieve good times. Is there any truth to this?

Yes. I'm not saying it's happened with this TT. but I read something about someone using one of the Redbulls, with nitrous for the Monza 700PP.

I'm not someone who is fast enough to ever get a top time, but I enjoyed trying the following cars - bronze with a Renault 8 Gordini - that car is very suited to the track, but at 500PP not 550. Then I tried a Cobra Daytona Coupe with a supercharger fitted - great handling car and well suited to the track and managed a silver. Finished with the 2J to get the credits - an easy gold on the first lap, but again a very enjoyable car to drive - I left it standard apart from lowering the gearing.

Does anyone know how long you need to run the 2j for untill the pp will drop back down after this damn rebuild??

I've put over 200km on it and I still can shed a single kilo. Putting in mid to high 23's with 70kg extra ballast on it so I'm keen to get the weight back down :banghead:

Edit: it's cool.. It's run in again now :cheers:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long you need to run the 2j for untill the pp will drop back down after this damn rebuild??

I've put over 200km on it and I still can shed a single kilo. Putting in mid to high 23's with 70kg extra ballast on it so I'm keen to get the weight back down :banghead:
Over 320km when it starts to drop for me I think.

Does anyone have a good run with a setup that is NOT based on Rajman's? It doesn't seem right that a setup, made for Monza would be the best choise for such a hugely different track. Wolf aono seems to take the long downhill right at full throttle. Rajman's/SW10's/yours truly's won't do that...

To busy to chase the leaderboard so I decided to use some of the expensive cars that seem to have no use in PD TT land.

Used the 65' Alfa Romeo TZ2 (1:31.428) on my Nautical account and the Ferrari 330 P4 (1:26.420) on my Whoosier account. Both can go much faster but I was just having fun throwing them around.

Does anyone have a good run with a setup that is NOT based on Rajman's? It doesn't seem right that a setup, made for Monza would be the best choise for such a hugely different track. Wolf aono seems to take the long downhill right at full throttle. Rajman's/SW10's/yours truly's won't do that...

I'm using yours/sw10 tune and I'm flat through there. It's all about turn-in timing.

1:22.5 now for 11th. Lost 3 tenths at the end of the lap though :banghead:

I thought using the Subaru Super Touring car was a fun challenge

anyone interested and needs a good base tune for it, here ya go

Subaru Impreza Super Touring

90/95
11.00/11.75
3/4
4/5
5/4

1.0/1.5
-20/+20

brakes- 6/6

torque split- 35/65

LSD- F/B
10/8
16/22
8/10

adjust power limiter to PP amount

To busy to chase the leaderboard so I decided to use some of the expensive cars that seem to have no use in PD TT land.

Used the 65' Alfa Romeo TZ2 (1:31.428) on my Nautical account and the Ferrari 330 P4 (1:26.420) on my Whoosier account. Both can go much faster but I was just having fun throwing them around.

Love the 330 p4. Sweet drive.....

I find this a great TT...You people complaining about the 2J...I understand You, but use another car (or a lot of different cars) then...

I used: 1. Lotus Elise 111R race car for an early gold (1.34.xxx) - 2. Mclaren F1 GTR race car ´97 (1.31.xxx) 3. Mazda Furai (1.30.xxx) 4. Opel Calibra Touring Car (Understeered so gave it up) and the latest I used was Misubishi FTO Super Touring Car (1.30,307) which is where I am now. This time ranks me around 3400st - NOT an alien time, but still a lot better than the person ranking no 124.912..BUT I crash a lot and have to restart tonnes of times...I don`t use aids except ABS 1. -
I use a Sixaxis controller, and I have clumsy thumbs...

Her`s a little funny second thought of mine: So far I refuse to use my 2J...Because if I use it, I would compare myself to You aliens, so by NOT using it, I compare myself to...hmmm...those who use EVERY car including the 2J...And still beating lots of 2J drivers...And feeling cool despite I only managed a 1.30.307 in my FTO...(Not finished yet though) - AAND I can still say to myself: "Ha i could pick my 2J and mix in the top 10s..." (LOL NOT) But theoretically right? OR (more realistic) I could end up deeply frustrated if I couldn`t even beat my own FTO time with it...hmmm

About the 2J...Well it is most possible that PD was too large with pp on that car, but the older the car, the more hp is allowed...That was always the backlash of the pp system...If someone comes in an online room with a modern race car, he will get beaten by a road car from the 60ies due to the pp system...that is off course extremely unrealistic, but if the pp system wasn`t used, we would all be driving the same, brand new race car (or road car if race cars isn`t allowed..)

So the pp system is the best PD can come up with...

Hey forgot I was writing about the 2J...YES that car was indeed extremely fast. So fast and unbeatable that it got banned after it´s first series of victories...However; PD might have over-exaggerated it`s superiority...hey the same goes for that ANNOYING mazda RX500...

Edit: Now I`m down to 1.29.955...Beat the 1.30 limit...Ranked 3179 for now...ENOUGH with the FTO Super Touring Car... Satisfied for now...Not an alien....meeeh....Think I need the 2J if I want to beat myself...meeeh meeeh meeeh...

Last edited:
After many ascensions of the Matterhorn with my 2J, I've been able to run a 1:24.298 lap and was able to place myself at 125th on the early Leaderboard.:)

Watching my replay after the lap, I'm glad that we're running virtual cars, because otherwise the speed/racing line that I'm using while going thru the first chicane (and usually getting airborne), would encourage a change of pants.:eek:

I've been using a slightly modified @GT_Rajman @Roweer1 tune, thanks:tup:

Great fun!
GTsail

Last edited:
This trial really makes my blood boil, considering the fact it's on Matterhorn, a track I REALLY DON'T LIKE. I'm using the GT-R 500 Stealth, and it seems that downhill portion never ceases to spin me out and cause me to wreck! I'm only 10 attempts in and I haven't even placed yet! WTF?!

I should probably stop, take a breather and come back to it later... :ouch:

This trial really makes my blood boil, considering the fact it's on Matterhorn, a track I REALLY DON'T LIKE. I'm using the GT-R 500 Stealth, and it seems that downhill portion never ceases to spin me out and cause me to wreck! I'm only 10 attempts in and I haven't even placed yet! WTF?!

I should probably stop, take a breather and come back to it later... :ouch:

You cause yourself to wreck, not the track. ;) Don't blame the track for operator error. :sly: Slow down through that part until you get a good feel for it, then try being a bit more aggressive. This track takes a bit of patience to get used too....don't try going balls out right out of the gate, your blood will only continue to boil. 👍

Back