Racing Car Super Lap: Matterhorn Rotenboden

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 176 comments
Quick question about these seasonals. If I was to do a lap in another car, would my A4 time be removed from the leaderboard? Or, does this only happen if I was to lap faster in the second car?

How sad.. He's a Legit top 50 gamer as well.

He's not the only good driver to resort to this. As I've stated before, I've seen a few top 10 guys resort to this in GT5. It is sad that one would risk their reputation as a good, clean, and honest driver just for P1. :rolleyes: Its that instant gratification thing, gotta have it quick, fast, and in a hurry because they are too lazy to actually work for it. Its a damn shame.

Awesome. I doubt I'll match my time in the little Senna F3 car, but it seems like a fun idea to me.
Just tried that, no success for gold or even silver(1:41) my camaro z28 '69 worked a lot better but still it wont get me on a high place on the leaderboards, it stills fun and im sure i can get gold with it. I did 1.36 with it but I will try with something faster

The first time I ran this event I had forgotten to change my transmission gearing from the Monza event. I still got gold, barely, and sat around 12,000th place. I just loaded up the event, adjusted the tranny for the track and in 3 laps time (2 disquals and 1 clean lap) I improved my time about 4 seconds (1:29.243) and dropped almost 10,000 places to 2778th. I'm happy with that. Maybe I'll run some more later... I actually want to try this event with different cars than the 2J now.

Oh, and that's a real shame about bruno. I know he didn't say too much, but he always posted a video in here at the end of the event, so I always considered him "one of us" -- the Seasonal Event thread posters -- I figured maybe English wasn't his strongest language seeing that he is from Brazil. But to see what he's done the last two Seasonals is a real shame. 👎 :grumpy:

You cause yourself to wreck, not the track. ;) Don't blame the track for operator error. :sly: Slow down through that part until you get a good feel for it, then try being a bit more aggressive. This track takes a bit of patience to get used too....don't try going balls out right out of the gate, your blood will only continue to boil. 👍

The thing is I had similar problems with another challenge earlier this year on this same track. I'm not sure which challenge it was, but it had to do with muscle cars and my "weapon of choice" had to be a Corvette. It was NOT EASY, but I managed to gold the event by the skin of my teeth.

The thing is I had similar problems with another challenge earlier this year on this same track. I'm not sure which challenge it was, but it had to do with muscle cars and my "weapon of choice" had to be a Corvette. It was NOT EASY, but I managed to gold the event by the skin of my teeth.

Just take your time and get used to the track and all its little nuances. Start slow and gradually increase your speed as you become accustomed to the car and how it handles on the track. Like I said, don't try setting a record lap your first few laps out. With patience, comes success. 👍

@ALB123 If you go back and look, he has since removed some of those videos.

Could someone please tell me why, in a new 2J I have done over 650km in that car and the PP has not drop for this TT, but in the last Monza super lap I did over 300km and the 2J PP drop. I am totally :confused:.

Start slow and gradually, don't try setting a record lap your first few laps out. With patience, comes success.

This is a really good bit of advice! I find my self too often starting a new TT combo by full attack resulting to absolutely nothing but frustration. I mean I think one can't learn nothing while on fully attack. That's why I try to stay modest and just consentrate initially on making clean laps. After I think I have the combo somewhat under controls I start trying different stuff trough the corners and chasing after some faster guys, trying different setups and watching top replays. And yeah, I can only do two to three hour stints because my shoulder starts to hurt really badly, but I try ro do atleast some laps everyday, building up for good end result. And two to three hour I think is the maximum amount of solid consentration I have, I usually can't even see my braking points after 3hour stint :lol:

Last edited:
Could someone please tell me why, in a new 2J I have done over 650km in that car and the PP has not drop for this TT, but in the last Monza super lap I did over 300km and the 2J PP drop. I am totally :confused:.

Did you do an oil change in one of them when you bought it?

Only in the Monza TT it did drop.
After oil change it starts to drop after 200km and keeps on dropping at least next 100km or so. After that it stays the same until oil starts to go bad, but that after another 500km or something. There's a body and oil deteriation quide in front page of GT6 forum.

ODB
After oil change it starts to drop after 200km and keeps on dropping at least next 100km or so. After that it stays the same until oil starts to go bad, but that after another 500km or something. There's a body and oil deteriation quide in front page of GT6 forum.
I have found the oil guide, Thanks for that. 👍

As @ODB has said, if you have done the oil change, it will drop at around 200 miles. On a car with no oil change, it won't drop at all until around 3,000 miles or so I believe. The guide that he has linked will tell you what you need to know. 👍
I know it now about the oil change and no oil change to a car. :cheers:

1:23.287 for 8'th atm with DS3. My settings are @GT_Rajman's from last TT, tuned down for the occasion:

SUSPENSION:
65 60
11.10 15.10
5 5
6 6
6 6
0.0 0.0
0.06 -0.07
BB: 4 8

TRANSMISSION:
Set top speed to 260km/h

LSD:
5 15 9

POWER:
50%

BALLAST: 81kg's at -45

-No oil change.

That's all; seems to work fine here; will do 1.22, even with this old guy on DS3. :)

Being stupid - whats a DS3?

With all the anti 2J posts, had it not been allowed has anyone figure out what the next best car to use would have been?

Hi,
Here is my setup for 2J
1:21,3xx is possible!

Suspension:
65/53
10,38/12,51
4/6
4/7
6/6
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.01/ -0.5

Brake balance: 10/9

Transmisson:
first reset to default, then final 5,500
after max 220 klm
1'st: 1,580
2'nd: 1,132
3'rd: 0,847
final 4,444

LCD

Power:
50%
No oil change

Ballast weight: 85kg
Ballast position: +18%

Rigidity improvement

Good luck :cheers:

I had a blast with this in the Delta S4, no tuning, just an oil change which took it to 551PP then ticked it down to 550 (I rarely downtune cars but made an exception here)...that group B beast dances on this track, posted 1:33.something for a top 5000 time, good enough for me but it had a couple of seconds more in it at least :)
You and I thought alike. I too ran the Delta S4 and liked it a lot. Will probably post a video tomorrow. Unfortunately I gave the 2J a try after that and wiped my Delta time. That car was a true monster.

So i guess if you drove the 2J in this TT then you would be in the top ten.....
Fastest I've seen posted I think is @WhoosierGirl ferrari 330 p4 with lap time 1.26:420 and I think she could have an answer to this question. I have only used audi quattro pikes peak and it was good for something like 1:30 after ten laps or so...

It would be interesting to see how big of a gap there is between j2 and second fastest. I also hope we'll some day have TT where there would be more than one car fighting from podium. I could imagine those battles would be epic! And just think how epic it would be if drivetrain was free to choose, I mean battle between mr and ff car is not likely to be really tight, but PP system provited by PD seems to enable all sort of things.

The HSV could go quick in the right hands. I did a 28.5 after only a few laps so I should say an alien could get close to a mid 26,

In fact I'll have a go later

I think the Toyota TS030 would be the next fastest car to use but, I have a love affair with the classics.....

515pp Renault R8 Gordini '66 for example :)

TS030 is only one even suggested so far (by you and @BMWcrazy) so I think there's not much choice there. Hmmm...

But yeah, classic cars are classic. I mean today we have cars like LFA wich don't even know does it wan't to be FR, MR or AWD car, could feel even like FF car from time to time :lol:

I just noticed that Brunoblak's lap has been deleted.👍

In celebration:D I ran a few more laps on the Matterhorn and lowered my time to a smoking 1:23.792, which gained me 102nd place on the Leaderboard.:)

See you on the track!
GTsail

Back