Racing Icons Pack ? Whats your opinion?/DLC Ideas

• Thread starter GT david
  • 55 comments
flyboy116
Personally am very happy with this first dlc, very cheap and for what you get its pretty awesome!!! I adore the the Bentleys!! hopefully with future dlc packs we will have a full grid of classic le man cars from the 2000's and also More GT1 cars to run with the Mclaren F1 And Mercedes CLK but for now a great start! whats your opinions guys/gals?

I doubt dlc cars will appears in career since it's scripted. Probably only for time atk, custom race and online play.

I'm pretty happy with it, I still wish we get some mid range cars tho.

The M1 procar from the limited pack (I think) is featured in the career, so maybe they are included in future updates.

I think we have to wait for a patch, at least. But wasn't it confirmed already that DLC cars/series will be integrated in career? Indy ar for example. Not all cars/tracks will make in into the career

It would be highly annoying if the Bentley GT3 was never an option do to drive in the Career Mode. I imagine they will implement that in 1.4 update. They would be severely hampering their own game if they do not support the DLC in such a way.

But this is a tremendous "value". $2.99 USD on Steam for 5 cars which could be a $9.99 USD Pack on GT6 for the Premium versions and no one would flinch.

Last edited:
I have faith in SMS's ability to choose worthwhile cars and 4 or 5 of them for pocket change sounds like a good deal to me. I've only driven the Bentley Speed 8 in the SMS event at Road America so far and it's a great car, can't wait to try the rest.

I'm loving the Bentley Conti GT3. To me its the pick of the bunch in this DLC pack, plus its easily the fastest GT3 car. The BMW V12 LMR on the other hand is a right ******* to drive IMO LOL.
All in all, I'm happy with this pack and look forward to the 1.4 patch and lots more DLC to come.

In all honesty I could easily have not bothered with this as I've barely scratched the surface of what was provided when I first bought the game, but the lure of another car in my favourite class got me to part with my cash!

Talking of which, the Bentley GT3 is very nice indeed, great looking and awesome noise :) It is a a little loose out of the box but it's going to be up there at the top of the GT3 class I think.

Despite being good price for 5 cars in comparison to a lot of add on packs out there for other titles, I don't really like paying to unlock content that was included in the code when I originally bought the game, but that's the way the Industry seems to be :( at least this was better value than most!

[edit]The code could well of been in the day 1 patch after reading a thread on the official forums, the small unlock key and no additional downloads does give the impression that it was in from the off, original comments left intact as that is how I was feeling ;) [/edit]

Last edited:
Im happy with the price, compared to what say Forza has offered in the past it is good value. They do need to at least make these cars usable in career mode.

not tried them all yet, but look great

The BMW V12 LMR on the other hand is a right ******* to drive IMO LOL.
Not sure what these asterix stand for ?
I love the Beamer, very fast, very easy.
The Bentley, hmmm... had to turn up the volume te hear the engine, is not as reactive as I thought it would be, brakes are worse than the Beamers'.
Have not tuned any of them yet, but is a great DLC 👍

When I tried the BMW I thought it handled like on rails, I just couldn't get it to slide at all no matter how hard I chucked it in to a corner and would always underestimate how much speed it could carry round them. The sound is amazing as well, this car alone makes the pack worth it for me, then add in the other 4 amazing cars and this is probably the best priced DLC I've ever bought.

I'm still struggling to pick a favourite from the BMW, Mercedes and McLaren, they're just all so fun to drive.

i like the bently gt3 and the lmp car, the merc is also a fun car but i cannot stand the bmw. the mclaren seems darty but ill get used to it with a good tune

Go to the PS Store, Click on New,then click on Ad-ons, Go to the page where you see all of them, scroll down until you find it.

Why can I not find this dlc?
For those having trouble locating the DLC pack on the PSN, on the front page of the PlayStation Store, scroll down to New and select it. Next, select Add-Ons. Scroll all the way to the right and select “New Add-Ons see more” (furthest button on the right, top side). Now scroll down to find the DLC package. For me, it was 19 rows down in the center. Hope this works for you guys.

I think my two favorites are the Mercedes CLK GTR and the Bentley Conti' GT3...fantastic V8's and they drive very well.

Very nostalgic to drive the Longtail though. Great memories from GT, and remember it in "24 Hours of Le Mans" the game.

Back