Racing Icons Pack ? Whats your opinion?/DLC Ideas

• Thread starter GT david
  • 55 comments
Bentley GT3 is a handful... going to need a lot of tweaking to get fast with it.
Bentley Speed 8 is awesome.
McLaren F1 GTR Longtail feels extremely twitchy and with no dead zone it's hard to drive as of now. Also the overrun sounds are non-existent.
Mercedes is awesome. That might be my favorite so far.
BMW V12 LMR is also awesome but I still need to find a good setup for it.

Currently I find the F1 GTR easier to drive than the CLK LM. I think it is more stable. But the CLK LM seems to have more ultimate grip.

Currently I find the F1 GTR easier to drive than the CLK LM. I think it is more stable. But the CLK LM seems to have more ultimate grip.
With my gamepad settings I agree mostly. The CLK relies a lot on downforce to grip through the corners, and I am terribad at driving cars like that.

I played about with the diff settings on the Continental and had some amazing races with it, solid car with the right setup

2013 Bentley continental GT3 is not integrated with the other GT3 cars in Quick Race Weekend ?
damn.....:confused: why not ?

Last edited:
That's odd I have done a few single races in GT3 & the Bentley was there
I call it singel race but it is Quick Race Weekend .
I did two races at Imola this evening (big fun with the AI bay the way, just the start was a bit rock and roll), the second race i watched my replay and thought..........hey.... where iszzze the Bentley, this one should be in it no :boggled:
Hmmmmmmmm , ok bug perhaps:P

Edit : Normally i would go to sleep now but with this issue i cant and i don't have to work tomorrow so gonna give it another try .
Perhaps i over cooked/looked them :embarrassed: lets see , all be back :irked:

Last edited:
I did two races at Imola this evening (big fun with the AI bay the way, just the start was a bit rock and roll), the second race i watched my replay and thought..........hey.... where iszzze the Bentley, this one should be in it no :boggled:
Hmmmmmmmm , ok bug perhaps:P
I love Imola, for me the AI are a pretty good challenge there. I dunno if it's a factor or not but the Bentley (like the McLaren) doesn't have many liveries which might (might not) explain why it wasn't there, but I do know I've raced against them. In fact I had an online race where I filled the grid with AI as there were only 6 people racing, there was one person using the Bentley and definitely at least one AI
(I saw it in the replay which is on youtube here, the Bently that is not the focus of the vid is AI)

I love Imola, for me the AI are a pretty good challenge there. I dunno if it's a factor or not but the Bentley (like the McLaren) doesn't have many liveries which might (might not) explain why it wasn't there, but I do know I've raced against them. In fact I had an online race where I filled the grid with AI as there were only 6 people racing, there was one person using the Bentley and definitely at least one AI
(I saw it in the replay which is on youtube here, the Bently that is not the focus of the vid is AI)

Yup McKiernan you've got one in it .
Did a test ....Quick Race Weekend 24 cars , i took the Bentley to race with but the AI didn't want to put a Bentley in the race .
Second test with 39 cars again i took the Bentley still no AI Bentley .
Och well....no man over board , i can race the Bounty against the AI that's already good .
Greets

You can tell it is AI from the contact at 1:38, LOL, no way a human would recover that......suddenly?

Yup McKiernan you've got one in it .
Did a test ....Quick Race Weekend 24 cars , i took the Bentley to race with but the AI didn't want to put a Bentley in the race .
Second test with 39 cars again i took the Bentley still no AI Bentley .
Och well....no man over board , i can race the Bounty against the AI that's already good .
Greets
You do occasionally see an AI Bentley in single player, however they are quite rare as the Bentley only has a couple of liveries (SMS only got the official liveries licensed, like the McLaren).

Just keep restarting and you'll eventually find it! :lol:

Bentley only has a couple of liveries (SMS only got the official liveries licensed, like the McLaren).
Unlike the McLaren 12C GT3, Bentley actually gave the OK to use fictional liveries on the Continental GT3. There simply aren't any more liveries for it yet because the community painters just got their hands on it ;)

The Racing Icons Pack is brilliant. The Bentleys are fantastic and I love the BMW. Both the Mercedes and McLaren are great fun too but opportunities to use them so far have been limited. Stock set-up for the McLaren makes it very twitchy so it will need tuning to get the best from it.

I look forward to the Audi Pack next month which has incredible cars too.

In fact the entire known projected DLC for Project Cars is going to be awesome.

I was driving the Bentley GT3 (first time) in a 30 car pack yesterday at Spa (stock).
I could not even notice the engine sound as long as other cars were near. I could only hear a downshifting growl...
Let the pack go and then listened, turned the sound level higher and then I could hear a whining sound, though it was barely present.

Left the sound level as it was and started again (midfield). I heard al cars around me way too loud: sound level lower again.
I drive in cockpit view, but when changing to follow cam, the engine sound was not much louder either.

Could this be normal ? Any one else noticed ?

Just before this race I was driving the BMW Z4 GT3. While this is a very loud car, it is possible I misjudged the Bentley's sound, but... :rolleyes:

PS4---

I thoroughly enjoy the cars in the pack ...my only beef is with the name. "Icons" and they've included some of the not particularly famous cars.

The Bentley GT3 is only barely cutting its teeth racing the past year or two - not really an icon. The Speed8 ran a few years at LeMans (nice Audi), etc. So I think the name for the pack is a little silly. Like the cars though. With a wheel I find the CLK far more easy handling than the fitful McLaren (which is a heck of a lot faster).

I Think the reason t hey called it "Racing Icons" is more about the manufacturers? Bentley have an insane racing pedigree which goes way back to vintage grand prix racing, Mclaren created the almost unbeatable MP4 (senna and prost) Mercedes-Benz (silver arrows) and BMW? Created some pretty neat race cars too.. It's about the manufacturers and it's kinda like "hey here's some pretty Iconic race car manufacturers! And hey here is some of their coolest cars etc etc but anyways on that note... I want a vintage bently and the brooklyn oval and am happy!

Man that Speed 8 surprised me, what an awesome car. Generally not an LMP fan in sims, but got into the Road America event and just couldn't stop lapping it. Being able to initially slam the brakes then bleed off to balance the point of lockup felt ace. Being able to trail brake smoothly, balance the grip, sharp turn-in, little bit of liveliness in the throttle and using it to plant the car on exit. Cars feels so planted but then gets hairy right on the limit.

Just feels damn good.

Raced yesterday at Spa with the AI in GT3 class and what saw my tinny winny eye yes at last....the Bentley ,had a good battle with the beast for the first place at 100% .

Latest Posts

Back