Racing Modification/ Race Modified Cars

• Thread starter joe8
  • 676 comments
monkeypooppant
Weird, I saw a mazda rx-7 in the intro movie (watch it on gt tv and pause at 5:45) it's drifting and it's RMed. The mazda isn't on anyone's list in GTP.

That's the TVR that can be race modified.

I've got quite a few RMd cars that don't show the RM as part of the name in the garage menu. When I select the car and the name is at the top of the screen it has RM in it but in the garage menu in single player and when in an online room the RM isn't part of the name. I didn't really notice it until I wanted to selecy my RMd hugger orange Z28 but got the un-RMd hugger orange Z28 instead when in a RM only room. Does anyone know if I can fix this?

No, it'd be alot like this (I'd imagine):

958700.jpg

958752.jpg

958703.jpg

If only....

The McLaren is almost already race modded once you fully tune it. Over 800 HP and under 1000KG. Plus it has a fixed front downforce of 20. With RS tires, this thing is a beast, lol wut more do you want. I'd like a premium Caterham and RM'd

caterham-car1.jpg

Hi!

What cars do you have with racing modification??? (pics were fine!)

Ciao joe8

---

EDIT by mod - Editing this post in here with all the info

I can't race mod my 69 Camaros. Do they have to be bought "New" at the dealer? Both of mine are from UCD.

hm.. i still prefer nothing than having only 15 cars for RM ¬¬ Is it that hard to see they laughing of us? What can we do with all these 800 standards? nothing..

In GT1 and GT2, RM was available for ALL the car!
In GT3 and GT4, changing wheel was available for ALL the car! " yeah excepting race car.. " I though in GT5 we could change wheel for all the car and RM for more than 50% of them. I also though we could have a infinite amount of color for painting our car but from what i've seen, it seem like its only the original paint... Anyway i will have it tomorrow, lets see.

DAYYYYUM!

You do know that EVERYTHING gets insanely more time consuming and difficult as gaming moved on? From being able to replicate one entire car a day, physics and everything in GT1 (took 5 years to make), and just a tad bit longer in GT2 (had a lot more cars because the foundation of the game was done with GT1, don't at all expect 1,082 detailed cars in 1-2 years). Then PS2 games got significantly more detailed, and PS3 games sometimes look life-like as a STANDARD for this gen. From one car a day, then 16-19 years later, one car every six months with one track every two years. Wait till GT6 to have these expectations you were hoping for and still get something not to your liking. GT6 WILL be huge, but you shouldn't have these kind of expectations.

Pity they didn't RM the Mclaren F1. Just imagine...

It's available in the UCD as a racecar, so why make a RM version a top of it?

The same with BMW M3's. There are race 3 series, and the M3 GTR is as close as a racecar You come.
I'm happy with those 17 racemods that are available, because it is of cars that not appares as racecars in the UCD. Also, it opens for more RM cars in later applications.
I've done 35000 k's(22000 miles), 4/7th of them at Supercar Challange, Trial Mountain, just to make credits fast. Love that track :). I'm modifying all kind of cars that looks to manage winning the 5 lap race. Yesterday I did it with the Alpine A110:dopey:. Now I'm going to try the first gen Fairlady.
I'm going to use the pricecredits buying the 17 RM cars. (Alredy have them, but didn't know more then two beeing possible to RM, but now I know them all).

IMO, any car that has a racecar version of it available for purchase, doesn't need an RM version. And this is especially the case of the R34 Skyline (which I like), Dodge Viper (GTS-R Race Car). I would like a premium version of the GTS-R Concept Car for GT6, but only as the Viper Competition Coupe.

LSS, just wait for GT6 to arrive for some of the Race-Mods that you wanted for GT5.

Here is the list I've collected.

-Acura NSX RM ‘91
-Chevrolet Camaro SS RM ‘10
-Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ‘69
-Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM ‘06
-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM ‘09
-Dodge Challenger R/T RM ‘70
-Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM ‘97
-Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM ‘04
-Lexus IS F RM ‘07
-Lotus Elise RM ‘96
-Lotus Elise 111R RM ‘04
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM ‘05
-Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM ‘02
-Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM ‘05
-Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM ‘95
-TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM ‘00
-Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM ‘01

From what I've learned from this forum, it should be all. I love the fact that You can modify Your RM car. Changing wheels, and color, making it more personalized.
This also open for making several RM of the same car, like Rally, and closed course. Of course they join the same possibillities when it comes for setups, but anyway:tup:
Also love that the "original" Elise is a proper racer, as the 111R is more of a trackday car.👍
Not been able to play arround much with these yet, bought most yesterday, but I alredy see that I need more then one RM of some of these, just to cover some different tracks. The three settingoptions doesn't cover all possibillities here. Thank You GT team!!
:)👍

IMO, any car that has a racecar version of it available for purchase, doesn't need an RM version.

Why? There is more than one way to make a race car. Having an existing race car doesn't at all make RM redundant. There should be, ideally, multiple RM's for every car. Perhaps dozens. They would all be distinct, their own cars.

Why not use a decal editor and add more bodykits (3 front, and 3 rear per car would be plenty, pd isn't magic) along with changing spoilers/wheels on any car (like in gt4). And remove the RM all together, it would be slightly easier for them and allow for more customization.

For adjusting downforce simply have a small range that increases when you equip a spoiler/bodykit to a car by about 33%

I find that the Lexus IS F RM, when fully tuned, is pretty good. I raced it on Spa in Arcade Mode and my competition included a Mazda 787B Race Car and it still managed to win by a few seconds.

The Lexus ISF RM decals will remain black no matter what color you paint it. Even if you paint the car black, the Lexus logo on the hood will still remain black. Its not like some other cars which decals/stripes change color to either black or white depending on the color you paint your car. Just for sharing. :)

OK, I know the 17 cars you can RM.

But does anyone know if someone has put together a nice chart already showing PP and weight before and after. Cost of new car and RM modification. I want to print out a one page list so I can check off having them all, and knowing which ones are eligble (or almost eligible) for certain races.

I also know someone made a huge list with this type of information for every single car in the game, but I just want it as one simple page for these RM cars only.

P.S. I keep thinking how funny it would be if PD did a stealth update and made it so you can RM another car or 3 and how long would it take people to find this out.

OK, I know the 17 cars you can RM.

But does anyone know if someone has put together a nice chart already showing PP and weight before and after. Cost of new car and RM modification. I want to print out a one page list so I can check off having them all, and knowing which ones are eligble (or almost eligible) for certain races.

I also know someone made a huge list with this type of information for every single car in the game, but I just want it as one simple page for these RM cars only.

P.S. I keep thinking how funny it would be if PD did a stealth update and made it so you can RM another car or 3 and how long would it take people to find this out.

Here you are: http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?rm=y&start=0

Has anyone with the game Race Modded any of the RM cars?

Yes, 1 ZR1 corvette, I have 4 vettes

1 Elise 111R (hate the thing)
1 ISF (can't find a race to use it... still has 0 miles)
1 Suzuki Cappacino (drove it one time and parked it)
1 Subaru Impreza (good rally car... that's about it)

I'm still looking for the NSX, but from what I've seen, the NSX is a gutless POS. I might get the GTI, but if it's FF I ain't gonna even bother. My car of choce would be my moderatly tuned RX-7 TC. 625 PP and it OWNS (except for the 2J race car.) :banghead:

Oh, I just modded the '02 silvia. First decent RM I've had since my vette.

Yes, 1 ZR1 corvette, I have 4 vettes

1 Elise 111R (hate the thing)
1 ISF (can't find a race to use it... still has 0 miles)
1 Suzuki Cappacino (drove it one time and parked it)
1 Subaru Impreza (good rally car... that's about it)

I'm still looking for the NSX, but from what I've seen, the NSX is a gutless POS. I might get the GTI, but if it's FF I ain't gonna even bother. My car of choce would be my moderatly tuned RX-7 TC. 625 PP and it OWNS (except for the 2J race car.) :banghead:

Oh, I just modded the '02 silvia. First decent RM I've had since my vette.

Your still looking for the NSX? Try the new car dealership. You might also want to try the 69 Camaro, 2010 Camaro and maybe the 2010 Challenger.

Hey, question... Does anyone know if PD ever fixed the NSX RM's regenerative issues? In the past, when those cars were damaged to a point they wouldn't return to undamaged mechanically. This was the case in Light and Heavy damage modes...you could wait the normal regeneration time period and it would still be broken even though it said it was fixed... you could pit and it would still be broken even though the meters showed no damage.

Back