Racing Modification???

I loved them too. Obviously, it would've been too hard to create 700 new racing modifications for Gran Turismo 4 so I guess it was inevitable that they were omitted.

Agreed, Nothing like some cool schemes and racing mods!

Attachments

• gt1-9o.JPG
    gt1-9o.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 133
  • S2000-2%5B1%5D.jpg
    S2000-2%5B1%5D.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 120
  • gt1-9k.JPG
    gt1-9k.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 117
  • gt1-9p.JPG
    gt1-9p.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 111
  • gt1-9r.JPG
    gt1-9r.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 124
As much as I miss racing mods, I'd prefer they start adding damage instead! Give Forzaheads something to think over.

Last edited:
As much as i miss racing mods, i'd prefer they start adding damage instead! Give Forzaheads something to think over.

If they have damage to the cars it's only right they should have damage to the drivers too.

"Your injuries have forced your retirement from racing. You can progress no further with this game."

LOL!!! Now that's reality at the extreme, The car will need to be near totaled conditon in order to hurt a driver, The cars are so caged up and protected so nicely now days, It will take a replay save type of accident to cause bodily retireing injuries in most cases.

I think one of the hard things is that to bring back RM, theyd have to pay for licenses on the racing cars that the RM liveries are based on, which may be quite expensive. I'd love to see it back in though

Yes, but there's a problem that gt3 and 4 haven't RM. gt1 and 2 had normal cars, that could have a racing modification applied. in gt4 there are many weird cars (like the suzuki gsx-r or the caterham) that is almost impossible to have a rm. so, in some cars you could apply rm but in others not. Also, polyphony filled the dvd with the realism and the amazing graphics, so there's very low disk space for 700 racing modifications.

Yeah you know..I is disappointed by the customization in GT4. You can put a wing on but it doesn't do anything! You can't adjust it..that's so annoying to me.

Last edited:
In GT4 you can adjust the downforce under the "settings". That one silly-looking rear wing allows a range of downforce modification for both front and rear!!! How about that? Nearly always an adjustment of 30%, but some cars give a small base percentage as well. E.g. a wing on the Lotus Motorsport Elise gives you 5% to 35% adjustment for the rear. Useable, but the graphical presentation certainly is silly.

In GT4 you can adjust the downforce under the "settings". That one silly-looking rear wing allows a range of downforce modification for both front and rear!!! How about that? Nearly always an adjustment of 30%, but some cars give a small base percentage as well. E.g. a wing on the Lotus Motorsport Elise gives you 5% to 35% adjustment for the rear. Useable, but the graphical presentation certainly is silly.

Wow, I had no idea, thanks SW! Been reading some of your site lately...the GT2 diary specifically.

Last edited:
well would wouldn't need the rm (racing mod) for all the cars. maybe not even 100. think of a few examples like the supra, skyline, and the nsx. its really untelling how many different racecar versions you will have for each. for a viper or corvette, i can understand why a rm would be neccessary.

If you read the description it says your actually buying a front splitter and a rear wing, it's just that the wings are far more generic t model ie one wing fits all cars. Whereas a front splitter is something that has to be more tailored to each car, so they would have needed to model a different splitter for almost each car seperately.

Hey, I'm not sure if I posted this before, but I was playing last month and I decided to buy a Cyborg R, cause they're cool little cars. Of course, as with any car, I decided to check the racing modification. And look what I see--a Cyborg R shaped Rhys Millen drift car! With the same color scheme as the drift cars-- blue-green and blue with horizontal stripes--. I think 'wow thats hot, I gotta get that!' and buy it. Then I tune the car. Unfortunately max is I believe 283 hp, and with its front wheel drive, its not much of a drifting monster. However, I still manage to get a few good runs in on Trial Mountain and SSR11 :)

Sweet car.

I agree 100% although it would be difficult to create RM for many cars on gt4 or 3 for that matter it should be available for most cars. Cause as far as cosmetics go there is nothing on gt4 i really hope its on gt5

Racing modifications are what still make me play GT1/2 more than GT4 still. They also had some fun "LM" cars to drive. :sly: I miss my blue and yellow skyline r33 since my garage got wiped out, and i have to buy things again. :mad:🤬:banghead::ouch:

PUT BACK RM'S!!

Hey, I'm not sure if I posted this before, but I was playing last month and I decided to buy a Cyborg R, cause they're cool little cars. Of course, as with any car, I decided to check the racing modification. And look what I see--a Cyborg R shaped Rhys Millen drift car! With the same color scheme as the drift cars-- blue-green and blue with horizontal stripes--. I think 'wow thats hot, I gotta get that!' and buy it. Then I tune the car. Unfortunately max is I believe 283 hp, and with its front wheel drive, its not much of a drifting monster. However, I still manage to get a few good runs in on Trial Mountain and SSR11 :)

Sweet car.

Are you talking about the falken paint scheme? i have a Subaru that has the falken paint scheme

Back