Racing Simulator????

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by hexoc, Mar 21, 2020.

1. hexoc

hexoc

When one car uses another as "brake", its a game for 5yo kids. Not a "race simulator"
    I m not talking about penalties etc but crushing with the front of your car to another at least your car should be seriusly dmged and thats fundamentals of racing,
    Otherwise you cannot call it race simulator

2. Famine

Famine Administrator

Turn heavy damage on.

sk8er913, AlexDB9, J24681357 and 8 others like this.
  3. hexoc

hexoc

I m talking about online racing....

4. Famine

Famine Administrator

As am I. In fact you can only turn heavy damage on in online lobbies.

sk8er913, AlexDB9, Scaff and 9 others like this.
  5. George Jakob

George Jakob

Not one of these threads again.....

FoRiZon, Yui-san, zuperkiwi and 8 others like this.
  6. OxMontalvo

OxMontalvo

And when we had full damage in sport mode, we would still see people complaining about how you do not get seriously injured from a heavy crash.

7. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

:lol::lol::lol:

SZRT Ice and dlshearon like this.
  8. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Serious damage will ruin online daily races because it is a game.

9. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

It would be most realistic if your driver could get killed in a crash and you’d lose the whole career and have to restart the game.
    That would be awesome.

10. Donnced

Donnced

Project cars 1&2 and and assetto Corsa calls you

11. George Jakob

George Jakob

Heck no .

12. fastone371

fastone371

It might actually make people think about how they drive, heck they might even run a couple laps to learn the track before jumping into a daily race.

13. sirjim73

sirjim73

It's Game Over man, Game Over.

14. Junkman55

Junkman55

We all for forget that this a great Simulator for $20 bucks that gives us the thrill of racing and we are all Rookies very few of us have spent real money to race for real. Going to a go kart track and rent a ride for a 15 minute race on a Sunday you are not racing for real you are in wonderland not the real world of racing.

Skinny McLean and seadog777 like this.
  15. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

Is this the same guy that was going to use GT to get rich (but was stopped by the penalties) on a new account?

16. LOBO_99

LOBO_99

Hardcore mode wants to know your location

AlexDB9 and Groundfish like this.
  17. sirjim73

sirjim73

Doing anything outside is a wonderland right now for an indefinite future...

But I digress. My post was an Aliens reference (the late great Bill Paxton) which seemed appropriate.

BaareCZ and Pigems like this.
  18. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

If you want proper simulation, do not play Gran Turismo.:lol: Play Project Cars, or iRacing, or Assetto Corsa if you really want a proper simulation game.

fastone371 likes this.
  19. instinct808

instinct808

there is one problem, this just not working in this game
    detection of contacts, detection of damage and what is going on with cars when contact happens is the worst I've ever seen
    this is the biggest problem of this game, not servers or driving physics

20. Junkman55

Junkman55

Maybe I am not the guy to talk about this simulator. But a simulator to me is to get you ready for the real race you will do on a real race day. My racing days are 15 years in Go Karts having the same situation on any Given day that real drivers experience . I also experienced a track I drove on that took the life of a GoKart driver. I also had a race that took me to a hospital by a helicopter. So when you think that a $20 simulator is not good because it doesn’t kill the drivers take off your PJ’s open your wallet and get real.

21. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

At this point this really seems like the best possible fix for bad players. It may just motivate them to practice or not use someone else’s car as a brake. Or quit all together.

fastone371 likes this.
  22. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Having heavy damage on for bad players is not the answer, the best and only answer is Ghosting.

23. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Yes it is. They don't care about penalties but they will care about pitting every time they crash.

Don't be daft. The idea is to go around the person you're racing, not ghost through them.

Donnced, MikeV27 and ROCKET JOE like this.
  24. George Jakob

George Jakob

But what about us ? We will have to pit as well everytime we get punted and would be very unpleasant.

Clubsport_CA and Pigems like this.
  25. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

Then it’s pretty much just time trial. Ghost racing doesn’t belong in sport mode.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    kilesa4568, fastone371 and Pigems like this.
  26. George Jakob

George Jakob

Not really as he didn't say to ghost others immediately at all times but if someone tries to brake check/punt or perform unusual movement around you.

27. fastone371

fastone371

We already have ghost racing, it's the 2 time trials online available to everyone for 14 day cycles. I thought you had given up on the idea of ghosting during races after nobody agreed with you.

kilesa4568 and MikeV27 like this.
  28. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

This guy has said races should be 100% ghosted in the past. Besides, how can PD make the game determine who is about the brake check or punt? Those are just unrealistic expectations, especially after 2.5 years worth of tinkering and still not getting it right.

Full damage will sort the players out. If someone is constantly getting involved in incidents then they are part of the problem. Doesn’t matter if they think their innocent or not.

29. George Jakob

George Jakob

Im fully aware and i didn't say i agree with him nor that PD could do it . I just see where you guys are coming from :tup: .

kilesa4568 and MikeV27 like this.
  30. Famine

Famine Administrator

The guy who created the thread said it can't be a race simulator without damage. A(nother) discussion on ghosting isn't relevant.

MikeV27 and George Jakob like this.