Racing Simulator????

• Thread starter hexoc
  • 43 comments
Greece
Greece
When one car uses another as "brake", its a game for 5yo kids. Not a "race simulator"
I m not talking about penalties etc but crushing with the front of your car to another at least your car should be seriusly dmged and thats fundamentals of racing,
Otherwise you cannot call it race simulator

When one car uses another as "brake", its a game for 5yo kids. Not a "race simulator"
I m not talking about penalties etc but crushing with the front of your car to another at least your car should be seriusly dmged and thats fundamentals of racing,
Turn heavy damage on.

And when we had full damage in sport mode, we would still see people complaining about how you do not get seriously injured from a heavy crash.

It's Game Over man, Game Over.
We all for forget that this a great Simulator for $20 bucks that gives us the thrill of racing and we are all Rookies very few of us have spent real money to race for real. Going to a go kart track and rent a ride for a 15 minute race on a Sunday you are not racing for real you are in wonderland not the real world of racing.

We all for forget that this a great Simulator for $20 bucks that gives us the thrill of racing and we are all Rookies very few of us have spent real money to race for real. Going to a go kart track and rent a ride for a 15 minute race on a Sunday you are not racing for real you are in wonderland not the real world of racing.

Doing anything outside is a wonderland right now for an indefinite future...

But I digress. My post was an Aliens reference (the late great Bill Paxton) which seemed appropriate.

If you want proper simulation, do not play Gran Turismo.:lol: Play Project Cars, or iRacing, or Assetto Corsa if you really want a proper simulation game.

Turn heavy damage on.
there is one problem, this just not working in this game
detection of contacts, detection of damage and what is going on with cars when contact happens is the worst I've ever seen
this is the biggest problem of this game, not servers or driving physics

Doing anything outside is a wonderland right now for an indefinite future...

But I digress. My post was an Aliens reference (the late great Bill Paxton) which seemed appropriate.

Maybe I am not the guy to talk about this simulator. But a simulator to me is to get you ready for the real race you will do on a real race day. My racing days are 15 years in Go Karts having the same situation on any Given day that real drivers experience . I also experienced a track I drove on that took the life of a GoKart driver. I also had a race that took me to a hospital by a helicopter. So when you think that a $20 simulator is not good because it doesn’t kill the drivers take off your PJ’s open your wallet and get real.

At this point this really seems like the best possible fix for bad players. It may just motivate them to practice or not use someone else’s car as a brake. Or quit all together.
Having heavy damage on for bad players is not the answer, the best and only answer is Ghosting.

Having heavy damage on for bad players is not the answer, the best and only answer is Ghosting.

We already have ghost racing, it's the 2 time trials online available to everyone for 14 day cycles. I thought you had given up on the idea of ghosting during races after nobody agreed with you.

Not really as he didn't say to ghost others immediately at all times but if someone tries to brake check/punt or perform unusual movement around you.

This guy has said races should be 100% ghosted in the past. Besides, how can PD make the game determine who is about the brake check or punt? Those are just unrealistic expectations, especially after 2.5 years worth of tinkering and still not getting it right.

Full damage will sort the players out. If someone is constantly getting involved in incidents then they are part of the problem. Doesn’t matter if they think their innocent or not.

This guy has said races should be 100% ghosted in the past. Besides, how can PD make the game determine who is about the brake check or punt? Those are just unrealistic expectations, especially after 2.5 years worth of tinkering and still not getting it right.
Im fully aware and i didn't say i agree with him nor that PD could do it . I just see where you guys are coming from 👍 .

Back