Racing Simulator????

• Thread starter hexoc
  • 43 comments
I think if you hit someone and send him off the track and gain a position because of the hit you’ll should get a BLACK FLAG and sent to the pits , if you slow down and let him pass before the next turn you you can continue racing . Hit some one two times you stay in the pits until the race ends . You will only learn from mistakes in racing If you have to stay in the pits until the end of race and your name comes up on the results that may help.

Normal rubbing and hitting with close racing is ok.

Last edited:
I understand but punishing both party's seems unfair.

Yes, it is unfair. Very. But that's what happens in real life. When someone makes a mistake or a stupid move, they might end their race and someone else's too in the process. That's racing. Racing is actually quite dangerous. You can even die, can you believe that? If PD want to call this game "The Real Driving Simulator", they should at least make it feel real. Hitting another car at 200 kph and taking no damage whatsoever is not what I would call real.

Racing is not black and white. Most of the time all cars involved in an incident played their part in some sort of way. There will be times when innocent players get screwed but that is racing. I would 100% take that risk for the greater good.

With full damage, the repeat offenders would be weeded out and just maybe we wouldn’t have to be so reliant on the penalty system to put these idiots where they belong.

My main worry about full damage is that sometimes I have a bad habit of banging down through the gears too quickly when braking. This would give me engine damage but that’s fine.

I wonder if we had one race set for wheels no controllers each week would we all drive better or would the numbers say not enough drivers to fill a field of ten or better. I for one would NOT like AI’s to fill a race .

Yes, it is unfair. Very. But that's what happens in real life. When someone makes a mistake or a stupid move, they might end their race and someone else's too in the process. That's racing. Racing is actually quite dangerous. You can even die, can you believe that? If PD want to call this game "The Real Driving Simulator", they should at least make it feel real. Hitting another car at 200 kph and taking no damage whatsoever is not what I would call real.

Racing is not black and white. Most of the time all cars involved in an incident played their part in some sort of way. There will be times when innocent players get screwed but that is racing. I would 100% take that risk for the greater good.

With full damage, the repeat offenders would be weeded out and just maybe we wouldn’t have to be so reliant on the penalty system to put these idiots where they belong.

My main worry about full damage is that sometimes I have a bad habit of banging down through the gears too quickly when braking. This would give me engine damage but that’s fine.

Punishing both parties would be better than what we have now. Polyphony has the penalty system so screwed up that it is often the innocent party who gets the penalty while the perp gets off scot free.
I guess you are right guys 👍

I wonder if we had one race set for wheels no controllers each week would we all drive better or would the numbers say not enough drivers to fill a field of ten or better. I for one would NOT like AI’s to fill a race .
Probably the latter and besides a dirty driver will remain a dirty driver regardless of equipment.

The driver that is overtaken another car has the responsible of the safe pass , he has the full view of both cars For the whole pass where the one being pass has full view when you are side by side . Only then you are both responsibility for the outcome.

We all for forget that this a great Simulator for $20 bucks that gives us the thrill of racing and we are all Rookies very few of us have spent real money to race for real. Going to a go kart track and rent a ride for a 15 minute race on a Sunday you are not racing for real you are in wonderland not the real world of racing.
Some of us have spent thousands on real racing.

I think if you hit someone and send him off the track and gain a position because of the hit you’ll should get a BLACK FLAG and sent to the pits , if you slow down and let him pass before the next turn you you can continue racing . Hit some one two times you stay in the pits until the race ends . You will only learn from mistakes in racing If you have to stay in the pits until the end of race and your name comes up on the results that may help.

Normal rubbing and hitting with close racing is ok.
Give the spot back when safe to do so. I've had too many people slow down right in front of me, on corners even, as I'm at full chat. Wait for a straight, the same way the penalty zones are on straights.

Full damage does help. It checks the bad players as well as revenge punting(I do my duty to revenge punt in the same race or if that player is in my next race).
*Disclaimer* It is a personal choice to revenge punt. I agree with revenge punting, but I am also for moving on and being the better player. Be a shining example of a clean player in the Sport Mode community*The views expressed, are not necessarily the views of Gtplanet or its affiliates. However, participants may agree to disagree, so help them God.

The difference between online racing and the real thing is huge but basics in driving is the same. Trying to judge speed going into turn is different with a controller than a wheel sets is the problem. You have more control with the speed going in and out of a turn with a wheel set, the guy using a controller in some cases Is using the car in front to slow him down . What I don’t understand the penalty system seem to give the guy with the the controller a pass over the wheel set.

I might be blowing smoke to cover my mistake in a race but when I am the only one serving a penalty in a three abreast turn with no one going off track with me in the center car tells me the penalty scale in not even . The guys I race with in that turn did a great job making sure we all stayed on track I tip my hat to them.

Last edited:
Back