Racing Videos (Online / Offline)

The Fat Lady Sings

@ CWR

I don't know how guys with controllers do it, I tried the sixaxis with the F430 at Suzuka to see how fast I could go compared to the wheel and I couldn't even complete two turns in succession without going off course!

I guess using the DFP for most of GT4 has given me an advantage in GT5P. I was at a disadvantage in GT4 using the wheel because understeer was so dominate throughout all the cars, you never had to correct oversteer or anything, so all the controller guys had to do was crank the joystick this or that way to turn without fear of losing control or getting the car out of shape. Add on the fact they could turn the wheel from 100 degrees left to 100 degrees right in 0.1 seconds the DFP was at a disadvantage. But if you try and shift weight that fast in GT5P some cars will get real upset, another advantage to the DFP/DFGT/G25.

As for throttle in GT4 a TCS setting of 1 allowed you to just smash x with the most powerful cars coming out of the tightest corners with the steering cranked in either direction. It's not that easy in GT5P even with a TCS setting of 2 and a car with around 400hp.

And you are right, in this game you can't just crank the controllers anolog stick. But I've had so much experience using this sixaxis in Nascar 08 and F1 Champ Edition. This is how I am able to keep up with you guys on most of the tracks. As for the TCS, I keep it at 1 so I can help myself not over drive the car. I would do it at 0 but, with the controller its too easy to over drive the car...

I am looking forward to using a race wheel, of course I will junk the first few times I use it, but in due time I will get good at it.

Like always, good race you posted, Bev was over driving the F1...lol He might had won it if he hadn't. I guess thats what pressure does to you.

beat by .1 seconds at the last minute :ouch:

though i loved the comentary when mopar took the inside there made me laugh :sly:

Hahaha i was laughing for quite awhile lol......"Whoa!"

That was some awesome racing with you too. to bad i lost it a few turns later :(

As for the 2 bumps Earth, thats np man, i didnt even feel them ;)

Im looking forward to some more F1 @ Fuji tonight!

Hey Napolin send me a Friends invite.

This is High Speed Ring, first race I recorded. But you get to see it from my view with commentary..It can get a little funny. lol Makes me laugh sometimes..

Suzuka from my seat..With commentary You get to take a ride with me and the punters.

Yesterday evening I had one of my most intense races ever. Again PP500 @ Suzuka. Darnn that Integra is fast :nervous:

Enjoy!

Kind regards,
Galgospeed

Some racing moments captured with fellow GTPLANET members.

kind regards,
galgospeed

Thanx Jase72 for the Alfa footage :sly:

Didn't realize that I'm such a pain in the arse to be behind :sly:

Good fun though 👍

Great close racing in there. It's a really proud moment when I see my cars on track, even prouder when I see 2 of the same having a clean race together.

This is High Speed Ring, first race I recorded. But you get to see it from my view with commentary..It can get a little funny. lol Makes me laugh sometimes..

Suzuka from my seat..With commentary You get to take a ride with me and the punters.

:lol: You're videos made me laugh really hard for the first time since...I dont know. You are spot on with your commentary.

But after watching them and calming down from laughter I'm starting to find them saddening, that you can be a driver who shows other drivers so much respect but they give you none in return. Happens to me alot, I'll follow someone for a lap or longer and pass them properly, only for them to take me out at the very next corner.

I knew Suzuka was a madhouse tonight but I had no idea the 750pp HSR races were that bad.

In one of your videos at Suzuka an orange tuned Corvette pushes you off the track, yeah, I remember that guy he roughed me up as well.

And that white Lotus Elise trying to side swipe you on the straight and then in another race taking you out from behind on a straight is just evil.

I can feel your frustration, and I know it's just a matter of time before good guys like me and you just blow our top and just quit and leave the racing to the hacks. If we hadn't devised a way to meet eachother online I would have quit online a long time ago.

Anyways, I like your terminology, hacks, haha, I need to make a GT5P Online terminology thread, hacks, wallsurfers, and we need to find names for hosts who quit etc etc lol

Thanks a bunch Earth, you have no idea what that means. It makes the whole thing worth my time. All I can do is be the best I can at that time. If I happen to race with some clean guys, I usually end up in the top 3, but if I don't well you see races like I showed you.. You notice I mention you a lot in those videos, well I am trying to reach your level of skill, you are sort of my bar...And you have set the bar high my friend, excellent racing and gentlement like racing = Respect. You definately have that. Keep it up.

I tell you, yesterdays Suzuka race was ****, I am going to have to lower my PP to get the front that way. Its impossible to race a clean race with the idiots we have out there. Yeah, they are that bad, you are usually in the front of the field when the rest of us are trying to up there. I will keep recording them..and make them funny.

All I can say is I will post more of those every week for you guys, basically what I do in my commentary is speak what I am thinking, right when I think it. So you can see where some of it can be funny. If you notice my emotion level is linked with my skill, the more upset I am the harder I drive. Thus resulting in over driving...

Hacks - A term used for competitors attempting to chop down the field and they do it in a unsportsman like conduct.
Johhny_Moron - A competitor that is not skilled enough to race in expert events. (add to it?)

A late race with Gentlemen

I BEAT MYSELF!

I won, but I dunno how...Not sure what I did or what they did. But I won.. :)

Hey after see'ing all these Vid's, i too would like to host some, but 1st i need a camera. I was wondering what kind you guys use, and what attachments i would need to get along with it. I want something that will work just fine, AND not spend a ton of $$$. I got paid friday, and havent cashed it in yet....i will monday if i hear whats good to get. :D

A compilation of this weekend with a lot of GTPLANET members entering the PP500 class. I met quite a lot of you guys. This PP500 class is so close that its really very intense. Fights are all over the track and sometimes you have to be patient and sometimes you'll have to be very brave.

I sat behind the wheel with sweaty hands and chaking legs. The only thing missing was the sence of rubber, fuel and for the visual threat the gridgirls :)

Enjoy!

Kind regards,
Galgospeed

It won't play for me. Gets stuck at 0:02 :(
you got the firefox extension "down them all" running? If so, that is causing the problem. Disable it.

EDIT: Great video clip, very nicely done! And the 500 PP class does rock!

Hey after see'ing all these Vid's, i too would like to host some, but 1st i need a camera. I was wondering what kind you guys use, and what attachments i would need to get along with it. I want something that will work just fine, AND not spend a ton of $$$. I got paid friday, and havent cashed it in yet....i will monday if i hear whats good to get. :D

You probably don't want to use what I got which is a phone camra. I have a 2 gig SD card in my phone so I can save up to 100 races.. lol After that I have convert the 3g files into WMV (doesn't take very long). But you might be able to find something cheap at Best Buy or Curcuit City. But you don't need something brand new to record your races. In fact I would just get something used and do it that way. You don't want to waste your money on a camcorder if PD is going to give us the ability to save your online games. I don't know if they will or not, but you have consider that possiblity.

So find something used..Ebay
Or buy something new..Best Buy or Curcurit City

A compilation of this weekend with a lot of GTPLANET members entering the PP500 class. I met quite a lot of you guys. This PP500 class is so close that its really very intense. Fights are all over the track and sometimes you have to be patient and sometimes you'll have to be very brave.

I sat behind the wheel with sweaty hands and chaking legs. The only thing missing was the sence of rubber, fuel and for the visual threat the gridgirls :)

Enjoy!

Kind regards,
Galgospeed

That TLD 147 is a movie star now.:dopey: Thanks again for all the publicity you're giving it. I believe I have still not yet raced you, and I'm also considering making that 147 better. I noticed some understeer I might be able to cure in it. I'll tell you if I do.

That TLD 147 is a movie star now.:dopey: Thanks again for all the publicity you're giving it. I believe I have still not yet raced you, and I'm also considering making that 147 better. I noticed some understeer I might be able to cure in it. I'll tell you if I do.
:sly: Now it will be the integrales turn :crazy:

Haha galgospeed i just noticed i was in one of those videos!! Ridium is a right struggle to beat let alone catch. I must have not noticed you because there wasn't a GTP tag. Hopefully next time youll see my name 1st in a future video:sly:

Great video doblocruiser, slammin' music too. I laughed when I seen you being swamped on the straight, if only it were faster in a straight line :dreaming:

OK guys, my online race videos are ready to go:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TGPanjandrum

Hope you enjoy. Earth, CWR, Slicecom are in some of these along with some others I'm sure. The "3 Ford GT LM" race is there.

Unless you have a very slow connection watch the high quality versions of these, as they are much better.

I think the hardest part in all of this is choosing the background music. My wife helped a little (you'll probably be able to guess which tracks).

I am looking for feedback on these. Leave me a private message here if you have comments. Just looking for general opinions. For example, should I skip the background music altogether. Reduce its volume?

My ultimate goal would be to record movies only on rare occasion and then post those few where GTP drivers are doing exceptionally well. There are definitely some excellent races I wish I had videos of.

Here's a video from early last night. My capture card wasn't rigged up correctly so no audio was recorded. I therefore added some music to it.

GTP_Drivers:

GTP_gtbadboy
GTP_Jake
GTP_01GTP
GTP_Ron
GTP_Sphinx

Suzuka Circuit 600PP

http://www.vimeo.com/992191

If the Garage Showdown event comes to fruition could somebody in the race please film it? I think it would make for one helluva video.:dopey:

When I still have the camera (its from my work) I'll definetly tape. Hopefully other members will tape too. Would be nice to see from all kind of different drivers :)

Back