Rally.....dirt tracks... Why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Karma Cowboy
  • 30 comments
  • 2,257 views
Messages
17
Hi there GT-holics :)
Any other than me who don´t give a d*mn about the rally part in GT5?
 
Yeah, not as it exists, however, if there were actually some seasonal events...or some A spec stuff to do, I'd probably dig it. Just doesn't make sense to have all these cool cars, and not be able to use them very much. I suck out loud on dirt, but it's still a lot of fun for me, and at least it's a challenge.
 
Why? Because a lot of people like driving fast on dirt and snow.

If you don't like it then don't use those tracks. I'm not sure if I see the discussion value here.
 
I love rally, but rally in gt5 is not really any good. Physics is great, but way to few tracks and the 3 rally tracks who is in the game is more like racing tracks with gravel. For GT6 I hope PD try to make some real rally track with no invisable barriers or drop rally altogether...
 
Why did they take out the rally races in gt5? I never played gt4 but I do remember rally races in gt3.
 
Why not ?
its real it happens there is also such a thing as tarmac rally
no body is forcing you to race on gravel but i agree there should be proper tracks for it in the events list
 
I'd love some more rally events. being able to swap tarmac with dirt on the Toscana and Mt. Aso created tracks would own.

I like the rally tracks in the game... I'd love to be able to drive a tarmac version of Eiger K and G trails. There's your Touge track right there guys. :)
 
I'm terrible at rally, so i just never do it :)
 
I'm not a big fan of how the rallying is in this game, it feels like everything happens in slow motion, the cars feel overly heavy and slide around like they lack grip.

It just doesn't give you the same vibe as real rally. Rally cars are fast and light, things happen quickly and violently, i just don't get that from GT5 rallying, so for the most part i don't tend to bother with the rallying.

Richard Burns Rally is always there when i feel like rallying, or Dirt 2 if i want something more casual :).
 
I think the sebastian loeb rally challenge is one of the best events on GT5, I wish there where more events like this too. I only done it to win the Citroen rally car needed for one of the old seasonal events which incidently wasn't even a rally event.

I'm hoping that there will be some rally events in future seasonal events too.
 
If you don't have a wheel then you won't like Rallying. Get a wheel and its AMAZING! I only have a DFGT, but the all the vibration and wheel shaking is awesome when your racing. Really puts you on the edge of your seat.
 
It used to be a great thing in GT3 and GT4. I totally owned Tahiti Maze.
Why they took it away and turned it into a lame challenge is beyond me.
 
I love the rallying. I usually just mess around in course maker and drive those tracks. I was hoping there would be more rally tracks and events though. That's not slowing me down though.
 
rally is great in gt5. mby not with a ds3, but with a wheel for sure. it´s really really sad there are only so few rally events in gt. i would love to see some SE with rally in it. once you get the right driving technique this mode is the best experience you can get in gt (besides the amg challenge :) ) please pd, listen to me and put some more mud into gt5 !! :p
 
Go and play Dirt 2, then tell me there's a point to rallying in GT5.
 
rally is great in gt5. mby not with a ds3, but with a wheel for sure. it´s really really sad there are only so few rally events in gt. i would love to see some SE with rally in it. once you get the right driving technique this mode is the best experience you can get in gt (besides the amg challenge :) ) please pd, listen to me and put some more mud into gt5 !! :p

I think it's great and i'm using the DS3.
 
Go and play Dirt 2, then tell me there's a point to rallying in GT5.

did so, dirt2 is a arcade game and like a toy compared to rally in gt5. it was fun too, though.

I think it's great and i'm using the DS3.

no offense m8. don´t know how it is to play gt with ds3. i just thought it feels kind of bad because i heard friends complaining about that..if you like it this is great.
 
rally is great in gt5. mby not with a ds3, but with a wheel for sure. it´s really really sad there are only so few rally events in gt. i would love to see some SE with rally in it. once you get the right driving technique this mode is the best experience you can get in gt (besides the amg challenge :) ) please pd, listen to me and put some more mud into gt5 !! :p
Gotta justify buying that wheel somehow...
 
did so, dirt2 is a arcade game and like a toy compared to rally in gt5. it was fun too, though..

I've always thought rally was more arcadey than track anyway. Having said that, I played D2 on a pc with a kick arse 1gb graphics card and it actually kept me away from GT5 for a few weeks (came in handy for getting B spec done!) Crash and damage phsyics is so much more, well, physical.
 
I've always thought rally was more arcadey than track anyway. Having said that, I played D2 on a pc with a kick arse 1gb graphics card and it actually kept me away from GT5 for a few weeks (came in handy for getting B spec done!) Crash and damage phsyics is so much more, well, physical.

How can rally racing be "arcady"?
Or are you saying the majority of rally games are arcady?
 
I enjoy the Snow rally stages but I just cannot do the Dirt stages. I always seem to slam into a wall at 60mph sideways :(
 
Rally races are a nice respite from road racing in GT5. Especially after reaching level 30 or so. The dirt and snow events in GT3 and GT4 were great. I miss them in GT5. What little there is, in the special events, are pretty intense and requires a deft touch in feathering the throttle and drifting around corners.

And yes, there definitely IS a point to rallying. WRC (World Rally Championships) has a huge following.

http://www.wrc.com/
 
Hi there GT-holics :)
Any other than me who don´t give a d*mn about the rally part in GT5?

Me. I've had GT5 since it was first on sale & have never raced on ice & only raced on the dirt no more than 5 times. If i want to race off road then i'll by an off road racing game.
I'm not having a moan so please don't take it that way. I think having the ice & off road racing in GT5 is a good idea it's just it doesn't really appeal to me.
 
I totally owned Tahiti Maze.
I miss Tahiti Maze. T_T

The random courses generated in the Special Events hall are OK, but I'd love it if more of the old set rally courses came back.
 
Rally racing is one of the most interesting features of the GT franchise. They seem to have put a ton of work into the selection of cars, the physics, the tracks and lighting over the years. I for one have always been a fan of rally since the beginning of the Gran Turismo series, and I've always seen it as an integral component. Unlike NASCAR, at least it's a tried-and-true part of GT. And I'd say it requires WAY more driving skill both in-game and real life to drive rally cars than NASCAR. The rally challenge in GT5 is a little easy if you have the right car and some patience, but if you have finesse in a pile of sugar sand you can drive anything IMO.

P.S. I don't know if some of this hate is coming from GT newbies who've never played GT1-4? Rally was way better when you were racing cars neck-and-neck instead of the time trial format they have in this game. I guess you have to have played older versions to appreciate where it came from.
 
The problem with rally in GT is that most of the rally circuits suck, they are too wide and the traction isn't quite right. The worst one was Swiss Alps in GT4, horrible track, no fun at all, not even the slightest sensation of actual rally driving.

A proper rally event would be great, Tahiti Maze and Pike's Peak were great tracks. Remember Pike's Peak?! Bring it back!
 
A proper rally event would be great, Tahiti Maze and Pike's Peak were great tracks. Remember Pike's Peak?! Bring it back!

I remember :)

What a f&*(ing annoying...er...I should say challenging track.
 
I've always thought rally was more arcadey than track anyway. Having said that, I played D2 on a pc with a kick arse 1gb graphics card and it actually kept me away from GT5 for a few weeks (came in handy for getting B spec done!) Crash and damage phsyics is so much more, well, physical.

+1 for the damage/crash physics. but when it comes to driving physics, and that´s what i set value on, gt5 is much better than dirt2.

i have a high end pc, too. graphics in dirt2 are great and i loved especially to do those trailblazer events with that oneseater (forgot the name). it´s for sure a nice game.

mby you can tell me a nice setup for the logitech profiler so i get a better feeling for the car in game. idk, but till then gt5 > dirt2 :) no offense though 👍
 
Back