Rally in GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter dscamp
  • 72 comments
  • 9,679 views
I used to struggle a bit with the rallies, but then I figured out a little secret. When you're approaching a turn, take note of what gear you're supposed to be in. Downshift into this gear but continue slowing down until you're really boggin the motor, we're talkin low RPMs here. Then quickly use whatever method you need to use to throw the car out sideways, while trying to catch the apex. Ease the throttle (and I mean EASE) through the turn and you should smoothly drift the turn without sliding out.

(Just my two cents; obviously this technique won't work with everyone)
 
grand canyone sucks
 
I just finished all the special conditions races.

I used my Impreza 22B to win everything but ONE (Grand Canyon hard).

I always use automatic for convienence, but on the ice I found that since my 22B has so much power if I shifted myself and kept the car out of 1st and 2nd gear I would turn smoothly through the corners, and I barely was able to win on Ice rally hard.

Grand Canyon hard I used the Escudo and it barely won.

Do you guys have any tips for getting the Escudo to smoothly accelerate out of tight turns? Even with the TCS on 10 it kept spinning most of the race.
 
GT5 #1 Rally must-have - Super-Special Stage.
 
Sardoman
I love rally in here, its soo hard to control the car, makes me wanna play it more and more, and i didn't win a rally race in 5 hours, The DFP is awesome and realistic!



dood the rally in gt4 sucks just cuz the 5 second penalty crap....does ne one know if u can turn that off?:S i heard somewhere that u can?
 
Sureshot
grand canyone sucks



gran canyon is hard but it's awesome....btw does neone have ne suggestions on what car to use on the tskuba wet race(hard)???
 
I manage 2.17 on grand canyon in an 2004 wrc impreza with the DS2, with the wheel however I'm lucky to be in the range of 2.35....still need a lot of practise, but thanks to the wheel a lot more precision is needed. Once that precision is acquired, I can beat my old DS2 times hopefully
 
I find that by setting the rear shocks to a softer setting than the front,the rear dose not want to swing out as wildly than before.I like to use the subaru line of rallie cars.They seem to handle a little better.
 
gt4_addict
gran canyon is hard but it's awesome....btw does neone have ne suggestions on what car to use on the tskuba wet race(hard)???

hello GT4_addict

i use the camaro LM race car, but u can find better cars to win that event...

my secrect to win that its like this,
u are competing against Audi R8 and he is pretty fast, he will take the leade at the start,and on the first corner just heat im on the right side of the R8 he will get out of the track, and u will get 5 seconds penalty...not a big deal...once u are in the front of the race, u will win easely, once a get in the front no one can pass me ;)
 
WOW!!! GREAT Thread guys...LOTs of useful information! :cheers:

neurokinetik
It has been said that the Group B rally cars were the off-road equivalent to F1 cars. They were deemed too fast to be safe, and that's why they no longer race them.
Been a Looong time & lots of the old Memory Cells have died but if I remember correctly the following scenario took place about 1986. A PEUGEOT 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86 was pitted against a then current F-1 Car in a "Drag Race." The Rallye Ride out excellerated the F-1 THROUGH FOURTH GEAR!!! The real "kicker" was that the Navigator was Onboard!!! :eek: (Granted, F-1s need to get going about 100mph before the "Ground Effects" really kick in so there's not a lot of traction to be had & the Peugeot had 4WD...but Still! :eek: )

Also about the same time Michelle Mouton brought an AUDI Factory Ride (Man I wish that thing was in GT4 / Fanatastic exhaust note from the Turboed 5 Cylinder! :eek: ) to Pike's Peak & Blew Away the all the "Special" One Off Alky burning single seaters! Teed off the "Regulars" so much they tried to "Ban" her! :lol: Oh yeh, she did it with her Navigator On Board Too!

The Group B cars were banned because several Driver & Navigators lost their lives plus I think it was in Portugal where a RS200 got off into the crowd & killed several spectators. Too MUCH HP & Too LITTLE Road! I've still got some old VHS Tapes somewhere of them..."UNREAL!!!" ...O.G. :D
 
Wow, awesome.

I have much respect for anyone in real life who can control those things.
 
Yes, a Ford RS200 killed seven at Rally Portugal, but the death knell was when Henri Toivanen destroyed his Delta S4 - and himself and his codriver - when it plunged over a ravine.


The Delta S4 once set a time around Estoril which would have placed it 4th on the grid for that year's Grand Prix.
 
Back