rally races

  • Thread starter Thread starter BAR-ZoNdA
  • 34 comments
  • 1,427 views
Messages
236
Messages
jbzonda
i think that gt4 should have more variety in the rally tracks, such as rally tracks in the snow and at night, that would be good, and in swampy areas. also i think that there should be different weather conditions, rain, dust, and have thinder going off and lightning, that would be a fun race, and also have 3 or 4 cars in the race, and i think a rally endurance would be interesting...
 
That would ne nice, but even if GT4 did that, it couldn't beat RSC2. 👍
 
McLaren F1GTR
That would ne nice, but even if GT4 did that, it couldn't beat RSC2. 👍

The WRC4 beta beats RSC2 so the full game will be even better. :)
 
Haha personally I'm looking forward to the new rally racing mode, I hope they include pikes peak....narrow chance becuase it's not on the track list and I haven't heard about it but it doesn't hurt to cross fingers. They should give it the "dramatic" feel of rally....dark, scary, only thing to rely on are the words spoken by the person sitting in the seat next to you...pray they don't misread or you're down at the bottom of a gorge. I want intense weather, like a blizzard or heavy rain and wind that is so strong it can push your car slightly around turns. That would really test the skill of drivers.
 
Personal feeling, may be i dont like racing rally course, i always dont like to play those rally courses since GT2.
But this is just my personal view, i like to drive on road course with racing line rather than sliding around
 
sliding, er, "drifting" can be fun. But that's your preference, I respect it. I once was like you, I prefered grip over slide. Hell, I was so biased, that in GT1 I REFUSED to buy an FR. Specifically because back then I hated dealing with oversteer. Then I thought oh what the hell they can't be so bad i only tried them once before. So I drove an FR.....and stuck with em ever since. I LOVE sliding and drifitng now. My idea of adrenaline rush would be just that...rally at night, rain or blizzard, with only words to guide you.
 
no no, i like driving FR cars and drifting around, but somehow just dont like to drive on 'rally course'. i dont know why, it's just that i sort of not interest on rally race.
i knew RSC2 and some other rally game is so impressive, but i just dont have interest on it. :)
 
I'm not a big fan of the Rally Races. My performance in the rally races of GT3 was nothing to write about, but I did very well with the Toyota Demo, and the Grand Canyon course was an awesome course to run. Oh, only if you ran it backwards could you see, and race, the entire course in the Toyota Demo.
 
I find the rallying a bit dissapointing in GT really, but its a nice excuse to have rally cars ;)
 
i'm looking foward to narrower, more treacherous and longer rally courses. and those group B cars :sly:
 
Rally in GT2, GT3 is very arcadish, even if the cars look great.
I would like to see the following improvements in the rally section of GT4:

1) one car on the track, like in the real stuff.
2) realistic rally track with mud, rain , snow. Not the wide boulvard track that looks like the Champs Élisés on a sunny spring afternoon. If PD was able to implement rainy weather on some asphalt track, wy not on the rally track ?
3) Some copilot.
 
Well , since I bought GT4: Prologue it wasn't fun in the beggining.
Now , I've played it much more and it's quite fun but it gets boring after a while :)
And , yes...GT2 and GT3 rally mode was dissapointing.
 
If you want to play a proper rally game, get Richard Burns Rally!!!!!
 
dcr22B
If you want to play a proper rally game, get Richard Burns Rally!!!!!
That's not the point. Pushing your idea a little further I could say: If you want to play a proper Grand Tourisme game, get yourself a copy of Electronic Arts F1 career CDROM and download the 30+ mods available including the Le Mans, American Le Mans, DTM, ETCC and BTCC mods.
 
Yeah, I think it would be a good idea if PD gave the rally mode a little more "atmosphere". Me too, I think the roads are way too wide. They're way too wide even for a tarmac rally. Driving rally group B monsters on a road no wider than your car would be challenging, fun, and it would test your skills. It'd feel rewarding too, knowing you did all that with just you and your co-pilot (they should have those )
 
Oh yeah, and they should have different rally classes too. Like, FF rally, FR rally, amatuer rally with like, lower power economy cars like the Protege or even something a bit more powerful, like the WRX (not the STi ). Than after that, you move up to a higher class. It's boring only to have different tracks to race on.
 
dcr22B
If you want to play a proper rally game, get Richard Burns Rally!!!!!

That doesn't make any sense :rolleyes:
RBR sucks! Get it!
 
TurboLevin2NV
Oh yeah, and they should have different rally classes too. Like, FF rally, FR rally, amatuer rally with like, lower power economy cars like the Protege or even something a bit more powerful, like the WRX (not the STi ). Than after that, you move up to a higher class. It's boring only to have different tracks to race on.
Yeah they could make a couple of different types of rally competition, they should bring back the pikes peak and add a couple other hill climbs and make a series bsaed on thoes alone. They should have others split by drtivetrain and then they should have WRC type cars only rally and a few you can enter anything but with different Bhp limits. It would also be cool if they had a couple of one make rallies like the Renault 5 Maxi challenge or an Alipne in the Alps challenge ect.
 
The rallys need to become linear, like pikes peak, thats more like real life. RBR sucks and is not a game its pure evil multiplied by infinite, want a real rally game get CMR2005 or WRC4.
 
I would like to see stage racing series in Gt4 for Rally, like Rally is run in the WRC. You could do it around the grand Canyon course alone. You have five or six races "stages" where you get your fastest time. Not racing against another car on track. All five or six races 'stages" add up, you win if you beat the AI's time or some such time set. Kinda Sorta like the time trials in GT3 though with stages from a few kms to 20kms.
 
I just recently got my WRC 2 Extreme back and I forgot how much fun and good it looks, the lights in it must be the most realistic I have ever seen in a racing game, I love rallying, and I love the 1000ft helicopter replays that show soo much of the surrounding area.
 
wait... better than colin mcrae rally 04 or 2005?
 
Gab I would say better imo, I love the WRC series, it just feels right, the presentation, the stages, the noises, the cars, the drivers everything is right, it's not a very forgiving game either, the handling is actually quite good, cars stick on tarmac but are dogs on ice but it's fun to throw them about. I took some pics with my digi on my tv if you wanna see, the heli views show some amazing detail and make you feel like an idiot when you see there's so much more road to use than what you do. The lights and cars look amazing especially the lights, they're amazingly realistic and just add to the game.

CMR is a good game but I just think WRC is WRC is all. BTW WRC4 is out soon, the pics below are from WRC2.

wrc2_inaction.jpg

wrc2_heliview.jpg

white thing is the ghost of my best, I'm just ahead between the 3 trees
wrc2_heliviewhigh.jpg

call me insane, but I really like the lights in this series.
wrc2_rearlights.jpg
 
maybe its just me, but i cant see the pics.
 
wrc2 extreme is good, if they have all the elements from that game in gt4, it would be damn good, and the pics work fine, the helicopter view on the replays are awsome
 
Ronnn
no no, i like driving FR cars and drifting around, but somehow just dont like to drive on 'rally course'. i dont know why, it's just that i sort of not interest on rally race.
i knew RSC2 and some other rally game is so impressive, but i just dont have interest on it. :)


I agree with you 101%

I am not a fan of the Rally aspect of the GT series. Sure I like other Rally games, I would just not prefer to have to drive the rally section to complete the game. I usually only play it if I have too or at the end.
 
must have been my pc, after restarting now i can see the pics.. weird.. that game must not be popular in the US or something. I'mm gonna look more into it.
 
_aj
I just recently got my WRC 2 Extreme back and I forgot how much fun and good it looks, the lights in it must be the most realistic I have ever seen in a racing game, I love rallying, and I love the 1000ft helicopter replays that show soo much of the surrounding area.

Hmmm, I have been playing RBR for a week now and it is goooood... Sure it is very hard to get used to, but also very rewarding.

I also own wrcII extreme and inserted the game just after playing RBR. Visually it is better, but so arcade....Just step on the gas and steer! With RBR you need a very "thin" touch on the pedals (DFP) and that is so much better (in my opinion).

I also inserted GT4prologue Grand Canyon for comparison and it is nearly the same, just the car in gt4p is easier to slide around the track....
 
I've heard a lot about RBR mainly from people saying it's really difficult and I agree that WRC is kinda arcade but it does have a good balance I feel as you can't just accelerate and steer as you'll just end up smashing your car up or ending up the wrong way round facing. Example Finland and it's jumps are never predictable, Sweden is fun when sliding about though those banks can catch you well off guard and dusty oz has some hidden annoyances that catch you out when you least expect it. The thing I like about WRC is that you can feel the surface underneath you and not like your on a sheet of glass like some other rally titles.
 
Back