Rally Sierra - 17:00 GMT on Dec 13thFinished 

• Thread starter Ettick
  • 65 comments
My problem with running wet races with dynamic weather in this format is that it makes each lap have a different amount of rain, making some people's laps inherently slower because they start at different times. I think that's unfair.

If I make this into a series there will be wet races, just not ones with dynamic weather. I might randomize how much water is on track (from 0-100%) before the race, though, to make it at least a little unexpected.

Ettick, just a thought on the offset of starting positions. Is there a chance that the chap going last, if he's a bit slower than the one going first, might run out of time and lose his time for the final stages? I expect that you've dealt with this some way, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case........ :)

Cheers, Zo.

Ettick, just a thought on the offset of starting positions. Is there a chance that the chap going last, if he's a bit slower than the one going first, might run out of time and lose his time for the final stages? I expect that you've dealt with this some way, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case........ :)

Cheers, Zo.
180 sec finish delay should be enough for now.

I plan to make the slower guys (people with less points) start first in the series, but I have no way of knowing that right now.

Do you fancy running a quick 1 lapper first then, with a reversed grid for the main event, that would keep things tight, so long as people show their true pace.

Cheers, Zo.

Do you fancy running a quick 1 lapper first then, with a reversed grid for the main event, that would keep things tight, so long as people show their true pace.

Cheers, Zo.
The start delay will be 20 sec, leaving a possible 60 sec window between 1st and last.
I could do lower, though.
I don't think having two races would be a good idea. I think it'll be fine this way.

By the way, here's the start times:
@gurizzi - 0:20
@Drex124 - 0:40
@Zolon32 - 1:00
@ENDURANCEGUY - 1:20
@SmileyWRX - 1:40
@Ettick - 2:00

This is reverse signup order.

That's pretty good pace there fellas. I really like the concept, and full damage is brilliant, makes you really sweat!

Cheers, Zo.
Full damage is necessary for rally championships in my opinion. It adds dynamic risk to the races and makes it a whole lot more interesting.
My strategy was basically not to crash. :lol:

Back