RAM Goes Jurassic on Ford's Raptor With a TRX

bill.gif

These will sell, but it won't make much of a dent in the Raptor's sales. Ford has had that market locked down for so long now, a little too late for anyone else looking for a slice of the pie.

"Time to get prehistoric!" :)

In all seriousness, this RAM 1500 TRX is very cool. Maybe the meanest RAM ever. I don't think I've been excited for any RAM since the [Dodge] RAM SRT-10. I saw a few videos on this truck. It's going to be a pretty fierce fight with the F-150 Raptor and this 1500 TRX. The 1500 TRX looks great in red! However, it may also look great in a sapphire-like blue or maybe even black.

Not sure if anything can out-'Murica this thing

6,350lbs
702hp
8.6L V8 (including supercharger displacement)

The Challenger hellcat apparently gets 12mpg city. The normal V8 Ram gets 15mpg city. I think we might just see sub 10s here.

So they’ve got the dedicated off road Power Wagon and now the TRX as well? Not a care in the world about cannibalising sales, it seems

So they’ve got the dedicated off road Power Wagon and now the TRX as well? Not a care in the world about cannibalising sales, it seems
Power Wagon is 2500 series I believe and is a 'slow offroader'. This is more high speed, Raptor style.

Power Wagon is 2500 series I believe and is a 'slow offroader'. This is more high speed, Raptor style.
99% of people buying them really won’t care, I reckon. They just want a big brodozer to tool around in; it’s about style rather than capability. I’ve seen dozens of Raptors in my area despite the fact there’s nowhere to actually go off road with them.

Finally made it here

With a retail price of $199,950 before on-road costs, the TRX is $51,000 dearer than its 1500 Limited Crew Cab RamBox sibling. A full-length panoramic sunroof is a $10,000 option.

Back