Ranking Gran Turismo Games — Where Will GT7 End Up?

Oh, really cool to see my thread making up for a post on GTPlanet's Facebook page, I think that's why the title has been changed.

I've noticed some desperately angry people on the FB's comment section to the post thinking GTPlanet itself made my controversial list with GT3 on the last place. The lack of interpretation is insane. 😂

Little do they know GT3 is actually the best GT according to GTPlanet's opinion.

Last edited:
Ignoring off series games, this is my order :

7) GT1 : great game obviously, the start of many things and a definitive game changer. But in retrospective, it wasn't fully matured yet, considering how much GT2 had evolved from it in such a short time. Also Initial D brake drifting physics.

6) GT3 : the switch from PS1 to PS2 era was massive in many regards, but so many content and features were lost. It felt a bit empty.

5) GTS : This is a weird one. The game changed a lot since it came out, and it showed great potential, but it hasn't been exploited and the game went backwards in many areas. The very first iteration of the physics lacked stupid amounts of traction, but that was fixed relatively quickly and 2nd or 3rd iteration was actually great. Really, those were really good physics, it felt great. Even the old classic "reversed" camber effect issue was finally fixed ! (Literally one of the first things I've experimented with in the game). That was in 2018 and that's when the game was in its best state (this also includes sport mode and FIAs). Since them, some things have improved, but more things got worse. The physics got dumbed down and came back to GT5 style understeer - actually probably worse - and virtually unlimited traction. While this has been dialed back a bit, it's still nowhere near as good as it was before, and also, all the setup "glitches" dating back from GT5 at least for some came back (like the camber thing). Other bugs still present in GTS can be traced back to GT5 as well. But the slipstream update that made it twice as strong takes the cake of being the most stupid one - they've reverted it back but it took them an absurd amount of time.
This game is extremely frustrating in how it's been handled during its life cycle, core game mechanics and Sport Mode included. Some meta knowledge here is influencing me, but I can't help seeing what it could be and what we're missing because of bad decisions / communication on Polyphony's side. Some features everyone would love are literally in the game but locked away from us.
The livery editor though is an absolute masterpiece and adds a lot to the experience. Only a couple minor tweaks would make it perfect (bring back GT5/6 paint chips in addition to the palette and special colors / individual paint type setting for stickers as well as allowing paint chips applied to them / group layers into folders / custom windshield banners and allow window stickers in some places / stop making wheel choices for some cars completely stupid).
To sum up, I hate it at least as much as I love it. It's a shame because GTS definitely has the potential deep inside to be on the podium of this list. Everyone who doesn't care much for the solo stuff and experienced 2018 GTS will tell you they miss those days.

4) GT4 : very polished game, nice features, and the first online things ever happening in Gran Turismo (through unofficial methods to run LAN remotely) - I didn't get to experience it first hand, but the tandem drifting videos from team FBI were inspiring back then. Great OST as well - I mean, they all have nice OSTs, but this one I think was the most complete regarding race music. The photomode was quite nice as well, iirc more realistic than the PS3 version of that mode. I started testing road cars on Trial Mountain, but stopped at like 200.

3) GT5 : first game of the main series than could be played online against real people, still has the best online features and modes we ever had in Gran Turismo (who doesn't miss shuffle races ?). In retrospective, the physics were very rigid, but they were also really fun to drift. I've made good friends on this game, got accidentally pushed into competitive racing, and done tons of drifting then. We were having lobbies daily at the time, great memories. Made me stop caring about solo career. The standard cars thing was weird at first, but in the end, we were glad to have the content and have fun with it. The game would have been worse without it. As a solo game, it would have been under GT4, but the online section makes the career not as important as it was for previous games.

2) GT6 : yes, it's more like a GT5.5, probably could have been a spec 3.0 update ? Some online features being cut was a big con, but communities were great, but more importantly, THE PHYSICS : they've been such a massive over GT5 "solid piece of wood struts" physics, and in retrospective, I think GT6 physics were actually better than current GTS physics for road cars. I've been thoroughly impressed by the feeling of some cars I've driven hard IRL and the steering feedback some of these had was spot on in some situations. I've had the FFB react exactly like what I experienced in real life in a Grande Punto Abarth, accelerating in 2nd gear out of a bend, and same steering feeling on corner entries in a Celica T23 for instance. I remember chatting with the Lacombe brothers and their crew and they were thinking road car physics in GT6 were slightly above Assetto in some regards (but race car physics were quite worse). Sadly, the intensity online fell down as the active community decreased, since people were waiting for a PS4 game and opted not to buy in disappointment (and it seems like Sony might not have learned from this). But objectively, those physics had me craving to drive, so I did test all the road cars in the game on Trial Mountain and made quite an extensive topic about it on here. So to me, it deserves being above GT5. Also, the "pirate" version of the track editor allowed us to produce great tracks.

1) GT2 : this game was HUGE. Absolutely insane. Very mature and polished as well for a PS1 game. Such unique cars were available, the racing transformations, the OST, but what I regret the most from this game : the circuits. Polyphony Digital are great at designing original tracks, and GT2 brought absolute gems which sadly were never featured again in the series. Red Rock, Grindelwald, the night version of Rome... I'd kill for them to return (although I still want Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest and SSR5 back more). It's the most complete and well rounded game of the series, relatively to the technologies available at release.

Now for GT7, I have no idea where it will fit there, because it could very well go at the bottom as much as it could go to the top. What it would need to be at the top for me :
  • improved physics : mainly body and suspension elements not clipping through each other, bug fixes, stop using the dumb default 0.60 rear toe setting, more advanced tyre heating model, braking behavior without ABS.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • GT5 online lobby features with GT6 community tools / unlock what's locked but exists in the dev - world tour version of the game
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Allow people to download the livery template so they can edit it themselves if the author allows it.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Dynamic weather / time of day.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Better servers / ditching P2P.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Classic original tracks comeback, with their layout preserved as much as possible.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • 120 FPS (don't need more).
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Content (but that's a given since existing assets are 8k ready).
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • PS1/2 era style license tests (more extensive and more challenging - introduce a platinum medal if needed. I think that's important for solo content focused players and useful for newcomers to get the basics of driving right).
  • And the most important one : More. Grid. Slots. IN LOBBIES AS WELL.

What would put it last :
  • not having more grid slots in online lobbies (instant deal breaker).
  • PS4 release (it would CPU limit the game's ability to run many of the improvements it needs that are tied to CPU power and not GPU power).
  • Existing features being cut for no reason or dumbed down. Again.
  • Understeer physics v4.
  • Spaghetti code turns into more spaghetti code.

Oh man you take the same feels with GT sport I have. My list:
1. GT4: the pinnacle of the saga, this is Gran Turismo 1000%

2. GT2: the circuits and car selection.. it's delicious!

3. GT5: still a good Gran Turismo without B-spec mode

4. GT3: Mazda 787b, Panoz and GT one in HD, complex string, Formula's and I really enjoy the career mode...nothing more to add

5. GT6: well... basically GT5 with more content but a little bit boring

6. GT Sport: insane graphics, the best in terms of driving physics, best sounds, but... incredibly boring sadly. Why PD why

7. GT1: I never played this game more than 3 races. I became GT fan for the first time after GT2, but god! GT1 still have one of the most memorable dealerships OST of all time.

My GT7 expectations are, in the middle of GT5 and GT3 and that would be great for a GT fan

Ignoring off series games, this is my order :

7) GT1 : great game obviously, the start of many things and a definitive game changer. But in retrospective, it wasn't fully matured yet, considering how much GT2 had evolved from it in such a short time. Also Initial D brake drifting physics.

6) GT3 : the switch from PS1 to PS2 era was massive in many regards, but so many content and features were lost. It felt a bit empty.

5) GTS : This is a weird one. The game changed a lot since it came out, and it showed great potential, but it hasn't been exploited and the game went backwards in many areas. The very first iteration of the physics lacked stupid amounts of traction, but that was fixed relatively quickly and 2nd or 3rd iteration was actually great. Really, those were really good physics, it felt great. Even the old classic "reversed" camber effect issue was finally fixed ! (Literally one of the first things I've experimented with in the game). That was in 2018 and that's when the game was in its best state (this also includes sport mode and FIAs). Since them, some things have improved, but more things got worse. The physics got dumbed down and came back to GT5 style understeer - actually probably worse - and virtually unlimited traction. While this has been dialed back a bit, it's still nowhere near as good as it was before, and also, all the setup "glitches" dating back from GT5 at least for some came back (like the camber thing). Other bugs still present in GTS can be traced back to GT5 as well. But the slipstream update that made it twice as strong takes the cake of being the most stupid one - they've reverted it back but it took them an absurd amount of time.
This game is extremely frustrating in how it's been handled during its life cycle, core game mechanics and Sport Mode included. Some meta knowledge here is influencing me, but I can't help seeing what it could be and what we're missing because of bad decisions / communication on Polyphony's side. Some features everyone would love are literally in the game but locked away from us.
The livery editor though is an absolute masterpiece and adds a lot to the experience. Only a couple minor tweaks would make it perfect (bring back GT5/6 paint chips in addition to the palette and special colors / individual paint type setting for stickers as well as allowing paint chips applied to them / group layers into folders / custom windshield banners and allow window stickers in some places / stop making wheel choices for some cars completely stupid).
To sum up, I hate it at least as much as I love it. It's a shame because GTS definitely has the potential deep inside to be on the podium of this list. Everyone who doesn't care much for the solo stuff and experienced 2018 GTS will tell you they miss those days.

4) GT4 : very polished game, nice features, and the first online things ever happening in Gran Turismo (through unofficial methods to run LAN remotely) - I didn't get to experience it first hand, but the tandem drifting videos from team FBI were inspiring back then. Great OST as well - I mean, they all have nice OSTs, but this one I think was the most complete regarding race music. The photomode was quite nice as well, iirc more realistic than the PS3 version of that mode. I started testing road cars on Trial Mountain, but stopped at like 200.

3) GT5 : first game of the main series than could be played online against real people, still has the best online features and modes we ever had in Gran Turismo (who doesn't miss shuffle races ?). In retrospective, the physics were very rigid, but they were also really fun to drift. I've made good friends on this game, got accidentally pushed into competitive racing, and done tons of drifting then. We were having lobbies daily at the time, great memories. Made me stop caring about solo career. The standard cars thing was weird at first, but in the end, we were glad to have the content and have fun with it. The game would have been worse without it. As a solo game, it would have been under GT4, but the online section makes the career not as important as it was for previous games.

2) GT6 : yes, it's more like a GT5.5, probably could have been a spec 3.0 update ? Some online features being cut was a big con, but communities were great, but more importantly, THE PHYSICS : they've been such a massive over GT5 "solid piece of wood struts" physics, and in retrospective, I think GT6 physics were actually better than current GTS physics for road cars. I've been thoroughly impressed by the feeling of some cars I've driven hard IRL and the steering feedback some of these had was spot on in some situations. I've had the FFB react exactly like what I experienced in real life in a Grande Punto Abarth, accelerating in 2nd gear out of a bend, and same steering feeling on corner entries in a Celica T23 for instance. I remember chatting with the Lacombe brothers and their crew and they were thinking road car physics in GT6 were slightly above Assetto in some regards (but race car physics were quite worse). Sadly, the intensity online fell down as the active community decreased, since people were waiting for a PS4 game and opted not to buy in disappointment (and it seems like Sony might not have learned from this). But objectively, those physics had me craving to drive, so I did test all the road cars in the game on Trial Mountain and made quite an extensive topic about it on here. So to me, it deserves being above GT5. Also, the "pirate" version of the track editor allowed us to produce great tracks.

1) GT2 : this game was HUGE. Absolutely insane. Very mature and polished as well for a PS1 game. Such unique cars were available, the racing transformations, the OST, but what I regret the most from this game : the circuits. Polyphony Digital are great at designing original tracks, and GT2 brought absolute gems which sadly were never featured again in the series. Red Rock, Grindelwald, the night version of Rome... I'd kill for them to return (although I still want Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest and SSR5 back more). It's the most complete and well rounded game of the series, relatively to the technologies available at release.

Now for GT7, I have no idea where it will fit there, because it could very well go at the bottom as much as it could go to the top. What it would need to be at the top for me :
  • improved physics : mainly body and suspension elements not clipping through each other, bug fixes, stop using the dumb default 0.60 rear toe setting, more advanced tyre heating model, braking behavior without ABS.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • GT5 online lobby features with GT6 community tools / unlock what's locked but exists in the dev - world tour version of the game
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Allow people to download the livery template so they can edit it themselves if the author allows it.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Dynamic weather / time of day.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Better servers / ditching P2P.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Classic original tracks comeback, with their layout preserved as much as possible.
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • 120 FPS (don't need more).
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • Content (but that's a given since existing assets are 8k ready).
  • MORE GRID SLOTS !
  • PS1/2 era style license tests (more extensive and more challenging - introduce a platinum medal if needed. I think that's important for solo content focused players and useful for newcomers to get the basics of driving right).
  • And the most important one : More. Grid. Slots. IN LOBBIES AS WELL.

What would put it last :
  • not having more grid slots in online lobbies (instant deal breaker).
  • PS4 release (it would CPU limit the game's ability to run many of the improvements it needs that are tied to CPU power and not GPU power).
  • Existing features being cut for no reason or dumbed down. Again.
  • Understeer physics v4.
  • Spaghetti code turns into more spaghetti code.
To be honest even with PS4 release there could be more GRID slots exclusively for PS5.

Like Wreckfest has 16 players for PS4 and 24 for PS5, same with Battlefield 2048 with 128 players only for next gen. This could still come even with PS4 release.

Lets just hope physics won't get hit with this PS4 version.

Interesting, how different the people rank the games. Here is my list.

7. GT: I just played is occasionally in the store I went after school. Man these were times... spent hours and hours with a bunch of boys (no girl at all) there, having SNES, later N64, Playstations 1 + 2, even 3DO, and Dreamcast there... I miss that times... sorry... I got nostalgic...

6. GT 3: I really loved the improved graphics, and miss some tracks like Rome, but GT4 come (for me) to fast to get GT3 to much love.

5. GT 5: Man...was I hyped months before the release! But how bad was the dissapointment after the first days. It would have ended on the last place, but the amount of (important) patches and DLC safed it. However, after Spec. 2.0 I really loved online racing.

4. GT 2: With this part started all the magic. To be honest.. I got a privat burnt pirate copy from a school comrade. Anyway... I wouldn't get this, I wouldnt had buy me GT3, GT4, GT5, GT6, GT Sport...so...this is not always bad. But back to the game. Cool graphics for the time, enormous amount of cars, tracks and everything. Tuning was great!

3. GT Sport: The imporeved sounds helped that title a lot!, also the fast big online lobbys, which I would love to have a voice chat with all drivers there. Tracks and and cars looks great, physics are great as always. And it got (still) many improvements.

2. GT 4: The second (even) part of a generation is somehow obvious the better part as the one before. I couldn't count how many hours I spend with this game, over months and years! For the time... all seems perfect, cars, tracks, competitions, carrer mode. I not even missed online racing... how could I? Haven't played it before.

1. GT 6: I had almost to cry on the outstanding intro movie!!! Than... great graphics, ok... sound, the best (because many old tunes were still there) background jazz, lounge, funk musics I ever heard and still hear! I had them on my wedding as a the background music when people eat, have chat etc.

Than online gaming was big fun! I met there some nice guys, not with a party, no direct in the game. Super races, many premium cars, and even the standards got improuved. Than... again all the patches, and free DLCs and not to forget the track editor which was one of the coolest part on the game!

GT 7 ?? I don't judge this, but I hope for a great game :)

I really don't understand, why soo many ranked GT6 so bad?? Its for me by far the best part of the franchise!

7. GT6. No actual racing in a racing game. Replaced by chase the rabbit from miles behind. It's not hard for GT7 to be better than this but PD's output since the PS2 doesn't fill me with confidence.
Did we even played the same game??? GT6 had all what GT5 had, exept of the bugs, mistakes and problems, but took all the great stuff in it. Online racing was great, the track editor (even it was still limited) made a lot of fun etc. etc.

Last edited:
Did we even played the same game??? GT6 had all what GT5 had, exept of the bugs, mistakes and problems, but took all the great stuff in it. Online racing was great, the track editor (even it was still limited) made a lot of fun etc. etc.
He was talking about the single player game, obviously.

1. GT4 overall most entertaining and decent cars
2. GT2 that car list!
3. GT1 the start of everyting
4. GT3 disappointed about the cars, but fun to play
5. GT5 the beginning of the end
6. GT6 the end
7. GTS mostly online orientated and I don't like online, fake Gr.3/4 duplicates and silly VGT's

Last edited:
fake Gr.3/4 duplicates and silly VGT's
I don’t get the issue people have with the Gr.3/4 cars. “LM Race Cars” were fairly similar and were in every GT apart from GTS but people didn’t have an issue with those?

Also the VGT program is now 7 and a half years old…I’m surprised it’s still living in peoples heads like this. And it’s not like they put all their effort into only adding VGTs into the game…

Well i don't really want to rank any of them.

I have enjoyed all of them for one reason or another..

I have only ever upgraded my consoles to enjoy GT games, as they have moved on with graphics and what not over the years but knowing that GT7 will be shared is disappointing. For the reasons that have been explained everywhere on the net.

We will find out in a year or two when it is released.

Until then ?

Also the VGT program is now 7 and a half years old
Which is part of the problem. It was originally supposed to be a 12-month program in one game to celebrate the 15th anniversary, now it's being drawn out so long and no matter which way you cut it, anyone working on modelling one of those could be modelling another, real car.

The other problem is that the manufacturers have long abandoned the original brief of creating a modern/near future GT car and just went crazy with fictional materials and generally lazy, made up, generic looking rocket ships. Or alternatively, they just saw it is a marketing exercise to promote their upcoming real cars.

It wouldn't be in peoples heads if it was just a part of GT6, as planned. Instead we're going to be heading into a third game with them.

Last edited:
I don’t get the issue people have with the Gr.3/4 cars.
Making and developing a car in real-life can be expensive. Then (focus on Gr.3, Gr.4 is a bit of a mess) there is a host of rules and regulations for homologation: IIRC, you couldn't use a platform that is also for 4-door cars.

Making and developing a car in real-life can be expensive. Then (focus on Gr.3, Gr.4 is a bit of a mess) there is a host of rules and regulations for homologation: IIRC, you couldn't use a platform that is also for 4-door cars.
Tell that to the BMW M4 GT4 (platform also used for the 3 Series, 4 Series GC), M6 GT3 (platform also used for 5 Series, 6 Series GC), and M8 GTE (platform also used for the 7 Series, 8 Series GC).

He was talking about the single player game, obviously.
Who is playing the single player mode, when you can have online races??
This money digging stuff was/is so annoying! I even startet to figure out how to positioning the buttons and the sticks on the controller with rubber bands, to on let a car drive by it self on Blue Moon Bay. The "analog B-Spec" was making money for me, while I watching TV :D Seriously.. this is dumb as ****. I neither want to destroy my controllers with such methos, nor I want to be forced to sit for hours to make a bit money for some more expensive cars. There is hopefully a better solution in GT7. NO REAL MONEY!!! Of course!!!

Which is part of the problem. It was originally supposed to be a 12-month program in one game to celebrate the 15th anniversary, now it's being drawn out so long and no matter which way you cut it, anyone working on modelling one of those could be modelling another, real car.
The fact is, that except of Kaz and some other managers of PD, we all have no idea how many people really work on modeling cars, doying tracks, phisics etc. I think your calculation "xPD_worker * time = ycars" isn't quite the whole calculation. It might be "xPD_worker * time_for_VGT-cars = yVGTcars =/ ycars". In other words, marketing is an important thing, and either some VGT comes in or no other car instead! Besides... quality > quantity ! I don't care about the 30s version of a Nissan GT-R but I would rather see 29 GT-Rs and one VGT car.

People that don't care for online gaming, obviously. That don't care for random people bumping them off, that don't care for having to wait for people to join events, and generally doesn't care for social gaming, preferring to play by themselves, on their own terms.

Gran Turismo built itself as a single player game up to GT4, some of us still want to play it as one and as long as PD offers it, as they did in GT6, it's open to critique for being poor.
The fact is, that except of Kaz and some other managers of PD, we all have no idea how many people really work on modeling cars, doying tracks, phisics etc. I think your calculation "xPD_worker * time = ycars" isn't quite the whole calculation. It might be "xPD_worker * time_for_VGT-cars = yVGTcars =/ ycars". In other words, marketing is an important thing, and either some VGT comes in or no other car instead! Besides... quality > quantity ! I don't care about the 30s version of a Nissan GT-R but I would rather see 29 GT-Rs and one VGT car.
I have no idea what your calculations are supposed to mean, the fact is pretty simple. If someone, somewhere, under PDs instruction models a VGT that is time that person could be spending on modelling something else.

Nobody said anything about wanting 30 GT-Rs, either.

Last edited:
This money digging stuff was/is so annoying! I even startet to figure out how to positioning the buttons and the sticks on the controller with rubber bands, to on let a car drive by it self on Blue Moon Bay. The "analog B-Spec" was making money for me, while I watching TV 😁 Seriously.. this is dumb as ****. I neither want to destroy my controllers with such methos, nor I want to be forced to sit for hours to make a bit money for some more expensive cars. There is hopefully a better solution in GT7. NO REAL MONEY!!! Of course!!!
Single player is the traditional default mode of console racing games, and still really important for a lot of people. It fills a whole different need to online racing, compare competitive online fighting games with single player brawlers like Dynasty Warriors. Online for the thrill of competition, offline for letting off some steam and doing whatever you want.

Therein lies the other key, doing whatever you want. If you want to race a particular car in a particular place, you should be able to do that whenever you like offline, with whatever difficulty settings, amount of laps, whatever. Online, you need to either find a lobby of like-minded people who also want, say, Copen RJs at Laguna Seca, in a compatible timezone, right now, or the dependable but limiting choice of choc, vanilla or strawberry Daily Races.

On the money point though, absolutely, Sport's in-game economy is ridiculous. For the effort they require, Sport Mode Dailies should pay at least as much as the hardest GT League races, or somewhere between 5x and 15x what they do now. Better yet, scale the pay with DR and races completed; those who race a whole lot online should be able to afford 20,000,000 Cr cars without grinding offline at ovals, absolutely. Those who don't race online though should be able to earn that kind of money too, though, and preferably on any track!

Little do they know GT3 is actually the best GT according to GTPlanet's opinion.

I read this article for the first time. And I strongly agreed with the opinions on GT3 and GT4. GT4 has a lot of content, but it didn't make much sense because there was too much wasted. On the other hand, although GT3 has a small number of contents, I did not feel that there was a lack of contents at all because everything was effective and fully utilized.

@SnakeOfBacon : Ok, I got your points. The thing is, until GT4 I didn't care for online, after GT5, I didn't now for offline races against a stupid AI :D Same in all GTs, afterwards. I can totally subscribe your last article!

@Samus I just question, if for one/each VGT car less, we would get some regular cars more instead. If they don't make a VGT they will just earlier done with the game, which is something I really don't stress. For me personal, it would be ok if it comes just 2023 with my PS5 Pro Premium Max Version on Christmas :D

Also the VGT program is now 7 and a half years old…I’m surprised it’s still living in peoples heads like this. And it’s not like they put all their effort into only adding VGTs into the game…
I have less than zero interest in the VGT cars, but I don't particularly care if they're in game or not. I'll just never drive them.

ME, for one. I have very little interest in playing GT online. If I wanted to get into driver-vs-driver online racing I would do it for real with iRacing, where there is better control of everything from race entry to driver progression. GT online is a mess full of idiots for the most part.

If I'm picking up GT I want a great, involving single-player career mode experience that I can use to relax and have fun whenever I have a spare hour or two. Which is why GT3 and GT4 were the best, and it has been going downhill since PD has begun placing more and more emphasis on online play.

Last edited:
I don't see why it can't be the best GT ever. The environments and physics are the two biggest hurdles in my opinion.

Edit: Oh and Racing brakes pleaessssseee

Last edited:
My shot is (or at least I hope so):

1- GT 1
2- GT 7
3- GT 3
4- GT 4
5- GT 2
6- GT 5
7- GT Sport
8- GT 6

GT4 was the better representation of a classical GT but, as a player since first days, the first GT and the transition to PS2 holds a great impression on me.

It's no surprise that some of the best selling games in recent memory have been purely single-player experiences. God Of War, Unchartered 4, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 (despite all the bad press) demonstrate the audience's desire for involved games with a lot of content. GT7 must follow this lead. If they do, they're onto a winner and everyone will be happy.

Last edited:
No reason why GT7 cannot be the best game in the series.

P.S. GT3 was poo, the chase cam was terrible, no racing mods and GT League had the same events repeated three times to flesh it out

Bring the poo reacts nerds
The chase cam was fine, but the repetition was not. Doing the same type of event over and over with varying difficulties didn't add anything to the experience. It wasn't fun.

P.S. GT3 was poo, the chase cam was terrible, no racing mods and GT League had the same events repeated three times to flesh it out

Exactly. GT3 is the only game of the series I didn't get 100% just because of this event structure.

What was wrong with the Chase Cam? I honestly wish the series went back to a looser chase cam like GT3's

Back