Ranking Gran Turismo Games — Where Will GT7 End Up?

What was wrong with the Chase Cam? I honestly wish the series went back to a looser chase cam like GT3's
It was too close and was also very low, they needed a second chase cam like GT1 or GT2

The roofline of cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer are almost halfway up the screen, what a ludicrous display

Last edited:
What was wrong with the Chase Cam? I honestly wish the series went back to a looser chase cam like GT3's
On GTS you can set it up to be like that, te problem is that you have to do it everytime you enter on track because the game doesn't save the settings

Last edited:
Yes, on nearly equal rank of 4 and 2 (4 is my pick). Because I am more into offline career, Sport is down my list. I really wish I could play GT4 on my PS4 or make it available on PS5.

On GTS you can set it up to be like that, te problem is that you have to do it everytime you enter on track because the game doesn't save the settings

It actually only needs to be done once per game session not everytime you enter the track. It'll keep the settings until you restart the game. I'm not sure I really get why Polyphony never fixed it and made the settings permanent but on a positive note at least with that trick the chase cam is tolerable. All I can really hope for is that they don't fix it in a way that removes the loose camera 'trick' for GT7. That still camera of GT5/6 is what made me become a hood/bonnet and cockpit view racer.

Last edited:
Who is playing the single player mode, when you can have online races??
This money digging stuff was/is so annoying! I even startet to figure out how to positioning the buttons and the sticks on the controller with rubber bands, to on let a car drive by it self on Blue Moon Bay. The "analog B-Spec" was making money for me, while I watching TV 😁 Seriously.. this is dumb as ****. I neither want to destroy my controllers with such methos, nor I want to be forced to sit for hours to make a bit money for some more expensive cars. There is hopefully a better solution in GT7. NO REAL MONEY!!! Of course!!!

The fact is, that except of Kaz and some other managers of PD, we all have no idea how many people really work on modeling cars, doying tracks, phisics etc. I think your calculation "xPD_worker * time = ycars" isn't quite the whole calculation. It might be "xPD_worker * time_for_VGT-cars = yVGTcars =/ ycars". In other words, marketing is an important thing, and either some VGT comes in or no other car instead! Besides... quality > quantity ! I don't care about the 30s version of a Nissan GT-R but I would rather see 29 GT-Rs and one VGT car.
I was talking about single player mate. Care to explain how you can play online in GT6?

Anyway, I tried online racing in GT5P. I have zero interest in it. I'm strictly one player in GT. That's why I didn't buy GTS until it was in a sale and it's why I won't buy GT7 until one player reviews are available. If it is good enough I'll buy it, if it's more of the same GT6/GTS chase the rabbit nonsense then it's a hard pass.

Last edited:
It actually only needs to be done once per game session not everytime you enter the track. It'll keep the settings until you restart the game. I'm not sure I really get why Polyphony never fixed it and made the settings permanent but on a positive note at least with that trick the chase cam is tolerable. All I can really hope for is that they don't fix it in a way that removes the loose camera 'trick' for GT7. That still camera of GT5/6 is what made me become a hood/bonnet and cockpit view racer.
The issue was fixed at one point but then it started happening again.

If you’re trying to simulate a racing experience, you shouldn’t be driving from the chase cam anyway.
Guess this n00b doesn't know anything about real racing experience then ;)

For the record, I've always driven in bumper cam, but I won't look down on chase cam users because at the end of the day, nothing on a 2D screen will ever perfectly capture the 3D feeling of driving a car, so each to their own 👍

Admittedly, I lost that chase cam skill long ago. I tried it a few times, but I keep tank slapping. Kudos to those that can be competitive through that view.

Not just the chase cam but the whole HUD! It's too busy. I'd love an optional retro HUD (I know it's AC).

20210425230244_1-jpg.469173

Yeah, but it doesn't look like they're dropping GTS's cluttered HUD however.

Last edited:
Looser chase doesn't give an accurate view of apexes when you turn, at least in terms of anticipation. I prefer a more locked one because of that . That being said, it's not like you're stuck with a position since we can adjust between loose and locked now.

As for where GT7 will be ranked for me, if it's at least GT4 style gameplay with GT Sport level of graphic fidelity mixed with the GT5/GT6 tuning options (aero kits) then I'll make it top 3 if it's not outright best.

Guess this n00b doesn't know anything about real racing experience then 😉

For the record, I've always driven in bumper cam, but I won't look down on chase cam users because at the end of the day, nothing on a 2D screen will ever perfectly capture the 3D feeling of driving a car, so each to their own 👍

Thank you...

Looser chase doesn't give an accurate view of apexes when you turn, at least in terms of anticipation. I prefer a more locked one because of that . That being said, it's not like you're stuck with a position since we can adjust between loose and locked now.
I loved GT5's chase cam for this reason. Not meant to be pretty, but made for purpose.

A locked-in chase cam gives you the best feel of the grip of the rear tires. Also, it being zoomed out and elevated gives you great awareness. You don't even need the radar HUD at that point. I'd use the far chase cam more often in Sport, but on some cars it's not calibrated right :/

I loved GT5's chase cam for this reason. Not meant to be pretty, but made for purpose.

A locked-in chase cam gives you the best feel of the grip of the rear tires. Also, it being zoomed out and elevated gives you great awareness.
That's why I can't use interior view, roof cam or bumper cam.

That's why I can't use interior view, roof cam or bumper cam.
My main gripe with the interior view is that they still have not given us an FOV option. Interior view is completely worthless without that imo.

Polyphony neglecting to add really important options like that is why I have never taken the eSports side of this game seriously, and don't even bother using my wheel with the game. They even had it in GT5 (you couldn't actually pick an exact FOV number, but it was possible to change), but somehow forgot to include it in with the title that debuted their new competitive 'sim-racing' mode.

My main gripe with the interior view is that they still have not given us an FOV option. Interior view is completely worthless without that imo.

Polyphony neglecting to add really important options like that is why I have never taken the eSports side of this game seriously, and don't even bother using my wheel with the game. They even had it in GT5 (you couldn't actually pick an exact FOV number, but it was possible to change), but somehow forgot to include it in with the title that debuted their new competitive 'sim-racing' mode.
The interior view in ACC is what I'd like in GT. Thing is, some rear view cameras are out of view and awkward angles. I just like the size of the instrumentation.
Even when I move the camera forward in GTS, the instruments are still too small.

Anyway, we'll see if GT7 is better than, at the least, GTS.

The interior view in ACC is what I'd like in GT. Thing is, some rear view cameras are out of view and awkward angles. I just like the size of the instrumentation.
Even when I move the camera forward in GTS, the instruments are still too small.

Anyway, we'll see if GT7 is better than, at the least, GTS.
That why I always bind look left/look right onto my G29 dpad for simracers, so I can check mirrors or just look beside me. I'm surprised how well it has served me.

I like all GT and I'm not gonna rank any other lower than each other except for Sport.

Also, GT7 having no compromises on the quality is just more out-of-the-ass-talk from the master of that thing, Kaz who lives in the 90's.

nice topic .. in my opinion those who have not put gt2 in first place or have not had time to find themselves and simply do not know it ... because gt2 is a monstrous game ,,, after many years I still open it just to review two second the jewels that gave us that game .... if only they re-proposed in Gt7 opel tigra ice race or the celica rallycar (very difficult to win) ... not to mention honda s2000GT or EliseGT ... and M3, Arta skyline, Taisan Viper, crx del sol LM, GT90 and more more .. that game is unbeatable ... sorry for my eng

Attachments

• Toyota_CELICA_Rally_Car_(ZZT231) (1).jpg
    Toyota_CELICA_Rally_Car_(ZZT231) (1).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
nice topic .. in my opinion those who have not put gt2 in first place or have not had time to find themselves and simply do not know it ... because gt2 is a monstrous game ,,, after many years I still open it just to review two second the jewels that gave us that game .... if only they re-proposed in Gt7 opel ice race astra or the celica rallycar (very difficult to win) ... not to mention honda s2000GT or EliseGT ... and M3, Arta skyline, Taisan Viper, crx del sol LM, GT90 and more more .. that game is unbeatable ... sorry for my eng
GT2 is my favorite GT because of this, the car selection is so damn unique. There may be larger selections (GT4/5/6), but for me, GT2 has the most fascinating one.

I like the car list so much that I'm hoping to see back literally any car for GT7 that's been only featured on GT2. As I said, it could be any car, the GT2 exclusivity already makes it special for me.

Last edited:
GT2 is my favorite GT because of this, the car selection is so damn unique. There may be larger selections (GT4/5/6), but for me, GT2 has the most fascinating one.

I like the car list so much that I'm hoping to see back literally any car for GT7 that's been only featured on GT2. As I said, it could be any car, the GT2 exclusivity already makes it special for me.
There's already the recreation of Cobra Daytona, GT40 (yes he's there!!!), Shelby GT350, Elise '96, currently for present GT.

Ohh I like this thread. GT1 is what made me buy a PS1. So....
7. GT Sport - good for twitch, good for e sports. Bad for me. Lack of cars, not really a proper offline mode and....no car parts, the thing I believe made Gran Turismo stand out back in the day

6. GT5 - I think Famine mentioned this earlier, but the economy, at least before they somewhat fixed it (if memory serves), was awful. Plus not a ton of cars. Those are the main reasons

5. GT3 - It was pretty for the time. But missing cars, and just sort of lost that charm and - for lack of a better word - grittiness of GT1 & 2

4. GT6 - Loved this game, but it took a while. Again, a bit sterile I felt. But with updates and all those options for online races with friends, so many memories.

3. GT1 - it hurts me to put this classic as low as 3, because I fell in love with it and it's what made me fall in love with GT. But..it wasn't perfect. The next two on the list are better to play even to this day

2. GT4 - barely. So close to the first spot. It's an excellent game, so many cars, so much to do. I'm gonna use the word sterile again. The only thing holding it back just a tiny amount for me

1. GT2 - Yep. Cars, tuning, parts.....just so much. Probably the top of my gaming memories

I think for me, if Sport added some more features for multiplayer - ways to restrict cars to very specific parameters like GT6, I would've really enjoyed it a lot more

Ohh I like this thread. GT1 is what made me buy a PS1. So....
7. GT Sport - good for twitch, good for e sports. Bad for me. Lack of cars, not really a proper offline mode and....no car parts, the thing I believe made Gran Turismo stand out back in the day

6. GT5 - I think Famine mentioned this earlier, but the economy, at least before they somewhat fixed it (if memory serves), was awful. Plus not a ton of cars. Those are the main reasons

5. GT3 - It was pretty for the time. But missing cars, and just sort of lost that charm and - for lack of a better word - grittiness of GT1 & 2

4. GT6 - Loved this game, but it took a while. Again, a bit sterile I felt. But with updates and all those options for online races with friends, so many memories.

3. GT1 - it hurts me to put this classic as low as 3, because I fell in love with it and it's what made me fall in love with GT. But..it wasn't perfect. The next two on the list are better to play even to this day

2. GT4 - barely. So close to the first spot. It's an excellent game, so many cars, so much to do. I'm gonna use the word sterile again. The only thing holding it back just a tiny amount for me

1. GT2 - Yep. Cars, tuning, parts.....just so much. Probably the top of my gaming memories

I think for me, if Sport added some more features for multiplayer - ways to restrict cars to very specific parameters like GT6, I would've really enjoyed it a lot more
GT1 had to be appreciated yes (GT3 arguably made even bigger impact for the franchise though), but for the car choice, it's the one that is most lacking in variation, even compared to GT3 and GTS. People direct the complaints on Japanese focus more on newer games (recency bias), but GT1 was the one that easily had the most Japanese dominated lineup, the only foreign brands were Aston Martin, Chevrolet, Dodge, and TVR.

GT1 was one of the 2 games that has Qualifying though.

From the numbered games:

6. GT5. Wonky performance, lacked cars, had a ridiculous used car dealership, and the paint chip system can die in a fire. I don't hate the game, but I remember being disappointed with how Top Gear was implemented, and horrified at Jeff Gordon's nightmare fuel monster frog face. Vettel didn't fare much better. At least Loeb's model didn't speak.
5. GT1. Hurts to put this so low. Good for the time, and a solid start to the series.
4. GT3. It was the reason I got a PS2, and it had so many great F1 cars (F688/S!), but looking back, it sorely lacked cars and content.
3. GT6. More cars, tracks, and free DLC made it easier for me to forgive the game's performance issues and blobby shadows. There's a lot to like. It's hard to hate a game that lets you drive on the moon.
2. GT2. So. Many. Drunken split-screen racing sessions. Great selection of cars.
1. GT4. Gave me a lot of what I loved about GT2, but prettier, with an addictive Photo Mode, and challenging Missions. Also, Nordschleife.

Back