Rate A Car

• Thread starter chronix13
  • 1,371 comments
Toyota GT-One - 100/10

Yes you read that right 100/10. This car is just beautiful. It has nice speed and handling. The paint scheme on the 1998 version is to die for. And it is worth either getting gold on the S-License (1999 Version) or winning the GT Championship (1998 Version)

Next Vehicle - Toyota Corolla Rally Car

Corolla Rally Car- 7/10
A good rally car overall, but not really a good looking one. A great choice for those looking to practice their rally techniques.
Next: 1979 RX7 turbo ( I think it was turbo in GT2, correct me if I'm wrong)

stock handling is skittish mainly from lack of traction, the problem of being light weight and having skinny tires. rare in the used car lot. ugly colors unfortunately.

but OMG what a beast once you start tuning it, one of the very best cheap cars, and capable of winning almost everything.

overall, and not giving it bonus points for being old but comparing it with all the cars available in GT2, 80/100

similarly, Celica 2800xx/Celica Supra/whatever it's called

a classic celica that can be race modded into a rally car, well i can tell its 65/100 because this car lacks a bit of power unlike the other celicas. Next car: Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '97 and sorry for bad typo, im using my psp

hmmm, another classic car i'll rate on, well modding this skyline is not that bad except theres no displacement option so i'll give it a 50 due to its low hp. Anyway next car: Volkswagen Beetle GT

4/10 just because it is a Beatle.
I mean its slow,it has next to no handling and it wont even hit 100 MPH
and it is a YERY old car
next : Nissan skyline drag car (I forgot what nissan it was):drool:

Last edited:
The HKS one? 5/10. Useless for any else other than drag racing!

Next: Jaguar XJ-R...
I think its XKR? But still i'd give it a 4/10, not a good choice for Class S races

Is the thread still alive?
Anyways my turn

Alfa 156 2.0

I think its XKR? But still i'd give it a 4/10, not a good choice for Class S races

Is the thread still alive?
Anyways my turn

Alfa 156 2.0
I gave it CPR, and there is both the XKR and the XJ-R on the game :)

Alfa 156: Great handling, quick, sounds good. 6/10

Next: Ford Mondeo.

8/10 dat turbo man :D

next: Opel Tigra
If you're talking about the Ice Race Car/Rally Car, it would be an obvious 10/10 because its the closest car to match with the Escudo in terms of road races.
But the road/1.8i, its an 6/10 because it could not match the Class C cars but still a good match against the MG.

Lemme put it this way... you'll get more use out of just about any other car you care to choose. Overpriced, terrible engine which peaks at redline while still being low on power, too heavy, wallowy. Stock it'll struggle to win at Sunday cup Tahiti. Trying to think of a reason to give it any points at all... ah, it's better than a few Kei cars, I guess.

5/100

and most Kei cars are actually better than the Avenger, for example, next car, Demio A-Spec

Demio A-Spec: Pretty nice little FF car, looks cute, nice bodykit, can get nice power for FF races, only complain is the noise that makes in full-tune, kinda annoying:crazy:
8.5/10
Next: Toms T111

Last edited:
I so want the T111 to be awesome, and it has some of the elements, looking carefully... good tires (appear to be 195/50r15 vs Celica's 185/65r14), good springs (about 40% stiffer than stock Celica SS-II), lower ride height (125mm vs Celica's 140mm stock). Oddly front downforce is only 12 where the Celica's is 15... But where the T111 really falls down is its engine. Maybe another one of those cars where PD didn't set the redline/rev limit properly, because peak power in this car occurs above the redline. Instead of 8200rpms the redline should probably be 9500 or 10000, given that this is supposed to be a race-tuned 4A-GE. And no available race modification, which again is odd. So in comparison, instead of being better, it's about the same as the Celica SS-II. Which is to say, in its power class, it's in the bottom 40% of cars for sure. With added penalty for disappointment, I'd give it a 30/100.

I probably suggested this car before, but how about the Punto?

60/100.
One of the best 1.3-liter engines - surprising amount of torque, as well as its smooth delivery. With racing exhaust it sounds like a V8, which is silly, but certainly better then other way around (hello, Shelby!). But in handling department it is still significantly worse then its Japanese rivals, also in GT2 it is not too obvious.

I am sorry if it was discussed here but I suggest BMW 840CI

BMW 840Ci: I didnt got the chance to drive it, is the most powerful stock BMW, also the most expensive.

Next: Mazda AZ-1 A-Spec

AZ-1 is one of the many cars that I had no clue about before GT2. A Kei-sized sports car, it looks special compared to most of the other cars in its class and with the A-Spec's big rear wing it looks like a miniature version of Ferrari F40. It's a good car for the K-car races as the mid-engine layout gives it a very nimble yet balanced handling. A-Spec version is a bit disappointing though, because it isn't as big step from the base model as you would expect (has something to do with the regulations for that type of cars maybe).

I'd give it 76/100

Next: Mitsubishi Galant Super VR-4

Really nothing to get excited about, and despite the name, no better, just heavier than the other '99 Galant VR-4. Both cars suffer from rather wimpy engines, peaky power delivery means you don't compare well with most other cars of about the same weight-to-power ratio. In my testing, the '96 Galant VR-4 fared the best at 175/273 cars tested, and the other two were quite pitiful, the '99 was 235/273, and the Super right towards the bottom at 256/273. So given than if you really want to play with a VR-4 Galant there are two better options, the Super has to score even worse than the Avenger I reviewed above, since at least that car is worth trying once just to see how it is. Since it's not the absolute worst car in the game, 2/100

Another car that's a huge disappoint me for me, curious what others think, MR2 GT-S '98

This car is really strange - some people like it, some hate it. As for me, I find this car sort of enjoyable when near-stock, but when tuned to the limit things get complicated.
On the power front, the engine has minimal lag, but it doesn't feel like 500 hp at all, and I couldn't cure the lack of acceleration via sophisticated gears tuning. The car feels very sluggish, may be partly due to uninspiring exhaust sound as well.
On the handling front, it quickly shows that default suspension setup is utterly useless. Moreover, I also had a hard time tuning this thing properly. When I came to an acceptable solution, I found out that nice gentle lift-off oversteer, which I prefer to retain in my MR cars, just doesn't show up properly. For me this means that I basically cannot take any advantage of the MR layout while cornering. On the other hand, all its negative traits are there - being murdered by bumps and curbs, spinning on banked curves, snap oversteer on wrong lines are things very likely to happen. The RM saves the day....sort of. It certainly makes the car competitive.

Overall, 45/100. Get a '96 version instead - for some reason it is much better and even able to tackle top-grade competitions.

Next suggestion - Mirage Asti RX-R '98, a small revelation for me.

Last edited:
Mirage Asti RX-R ´78/100 also a surprise to me, I got the car and though to myself, "meh another FF wannabe racecar" I took it to a track just to try it out, was surprised by the times, took it to a race and was even more surprised when it could beat Skylines, Evo´s, Impreza´s without breaking a sweat.

Next Suggestion - Dodge Viper RT/10 ´98

Mirage Asti RX-R ´78/100 also a surprise to me, I got the car and though to myself, "meh another FF wannabe racecar" I took it to a track just to try it out, was surprised by the times, took it to a race and was even more surprised when it could beat Skylines, Evo´s, Impreza´s without breaking a sweat.

Next Suggestion - Dodge Viper RT/10 ´98
Viper RT/10: Beast car:cool:, wild handling and speed, the best Viper, is lighter than the GTS
92/100

Funny, that... I find the GTS to be faster, and many Supras and RX-7's, and the Corvette GrandSport and Camaro to all be consistently faster than the two Vipers...

Anyways, next car?

I find <...> many Supras and RX-7's, and the Corvette GrandSport and Camaro to all be consistently faster than the two Vipers...

Yeah, I also noticed that. It's the weight distribution that limits Viper's capabilities - the huge V10 in front doesn't help in S-turns and sweeping curves. The Oreca Viper GTS-R is consistently slower then most of JGTC cars for the same reason.
The funny thing is that my fully tuned Aristo V300 also lapped SSR5 faster than fully tuned Viper GTS. I guess I should redo those hot laps...

Aren't the JGTC cars overpowered in this game? IIRC they have like 100+ horsepower than they should and are 4WD.

Yeah, well, just try to win the GT300 with less than 300hp...:mischievous: There's one car that can do it, barely, if you're awesome.

And I'll go ahead and suggest the next car, another Fiat, this time the Barchetta.

Back