Rate the photo above you

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 16 comments
Ill start

11618541535_be6b8c70b6_o.jpg

Always loved threads like this. Good way to keep this forum active, too. I shall be joining you guys in about a month to a month and a half, so keep this active for me :D

@ jake - 7.8/10

Solid shot overall. Nice car placement and use of the track as the background. There's a nice sense of action coming through. Maybe a bit more aperture to help blur the background some and add depth. Might also watch out for things that distract from the main focus. The crowd draws my attention away from the car a little. Could easily get a higher rating with minor adjustments. Hope you don't mind the feedback.

12424202305_2526ce23e0_c.jpg

@ jake - 7.8/10

Solid shot overall. Nice car placement and use of the track as the background. There's a nice sense of action coming through. Maybe a bit more aperture to help blur the background some and add depth. Might also watch out for things that distract from the main focus. The crowd draws my attention away from the car a little. Could easily get a higher rating with minor adjustments. Hope you don't mind the feedback.

12424202305_2526ce23e0_c.jpg

Me like :) 8.5

I'm gonna go with 9.5/10, if only because safety jacket guy in the background always ruins things for me.

This one I'm not sure about. It looked much better in the game, so I think I may have accidentally switched on my TV's "Vivid" setting for that input. I corrected what I could in Photoshop, for color and contrast:

Really like the placement of the car, having the tire-wall add to the scenery. The really soft grass at the bottom does spoil the imagery just a tad bit, and the white of the car adds a bit too much exposure to the shot, although it also adds a focus of vision to draw the car out. Great shot, overall!

B2oogsd.jpg

@ Swede - 7.5/10

Nice shot. Favorite parts are the reflections on top and to the left. Part I'm not too fond of is the right side with the track. For me it kind of leads my eyes away from what I should be looking at. If it were blacked out then I'd bump this up to an 8 or 8.5.

12845018064_73d214f12d_c.jpg

Back