How would you rate the GT7 AI

Based on the Driver's Rating system currently used, how would you rate GT7's AI?

• Total voters
United States
Indiana USA
tmsheehan
Based on GT7's current Driver's Rating system, how would you rate the AI drivers? I am curious how they stack up against real world drivers.

Probably a B, maybe sometimes C. I also assume we're talking about the AI in Hard difficulty?
Yes I was thinking about stating that when I was writing it up because I guess there would be a slight difference between Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulty. For this polls sake lets us assume HARD difficulty so the speed of the race is more to what you would see online.

It’s hard to give them a solid rating here, because it’s so inconsistent.

Talking about base AI here, not Sophy.

On some events they’re really challenging, on others they aren’t. Sometimes the difficulty setting makes a big difference, sometimes it doesn’t seem to make any difference at all.

But one thing’s for sure, they don’t seem to have much ability for ‘looking’ where they’re driving, which makes overtaking usually fraught with risk if you want to keep the CRB. So I’d give them a pretty low score due to that aspect alone, no matter how fast they can be.

Last edited:
I really need to know if Kaz and party, have updated AI programming. Definitely seems like the Boost Weak option improved. Also, the AI at Bathurst from the Cutting through to Skyline are much quicker than a couple updates ago.
Needs another update for the AI at the dipper though. Still horrendous braking through there.

Last edited:
Like everyone else is saying, B. Their lack of racecraft is a huge weak point - you could win from 20th place in one lap from a grid start.

On dirt they feel like they should be C or D. The AI ends up becoming moving chicanes there.

Their pace in some of the Chili Pepper races warrants at least a DR A in my view.

Others, like the Clubman Cup Plus event at Goodwood, may likely be in the A+ realm. In this race, you're the rabbit that gets chased down by a seriously quick red Mini starting last. At only 350pp, it looks silly. But trust me, so many good battles here.

Much improved over GT Sport. I welcome the change but somehow it's still not enough change. Grid (codemasters game) does pack racing miles better. And it's a bloody arcade game!

Last edited:
I can't give the base AI anything higher than a D because it's not dynamic. It's mostly smoke and mirrors to give an illusion of skill/intelligence and as someone pointed out earlier, you'd smoke the AI from a grid start after 1 lap.

Sophy on the other hand shows great promise and is pleasurable to race against. It almost negates the need (for me) for Sport mode, especially when I don't feel like dealing with rammers/cheaters.

The only thing i can say for sure as i try it ,is that at chilly races on hard level the AI are more " polite " and " gentle " than easy level which usually seems like they want to destroy you 😂
At least that's my impression .

What races or events will I be racing against Sophy, as opposed to racing against the standard software, or AI as everyone seems to call it now. How do we know the difference? (I hate that it's called AI, but that's a whole other discussion).

Back