Rauh Welt Begriff

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 423 comments
2018-Players-Classic-Saturday-for-Speedhunters-by-Paddy-McGrath-24-1200x800.jpg

I hope I get to see one of these in person some day.

not to kill the circlejerk here but has anyone actually seen him making one of these things? just takes a hacksaw to a perfectly good 911 and bolts some crap onto it and uses spray cans to match the colors. wtf does cutting up a porsche and bolting some crap to it and wide wheels do to the geometry and handling? all show and no go

RWB is effectively a body shop and doesn't claim to be more than that. All performance considerations are for the owner to figure out.

That being said, they still run these cars at the Idlers 12 hour race every year. I have no idea how well they perform, but it’s better that they’re actually being driven instead of left in a garage for years.

Dan
That being said, they still run these cars at the Idlers 12 hour race every year. I have no idea how well they perform, but it’s better that they’re actually being driven instead of left in a garage for years.
Yeah, these aren't being built just to be towed on a trailer and never used because of "collector value". And it's not like the cars being used are impossible to find million dollar babies, if you want a clean example of a 911 from that particular vintage they're still numerous and relatively affordable.

That retro-styled Apple livery RWB further up the page is true wall poster material.

Some of these cars are hit and miss for me (which I guess is the beautiful thing; each one is, in some way, unique, which is why they’re a bit polarizing, which is a GOOD thing for cars IMO) but the ones that are “hit” for me are more like “hit a home run out of the park”.

I’m usually beyond happy to own what I do, and I try my best to be thankful every day, but geez I wish to own one of these things someday.

———

There’s a purple one somebody bought near me (DFW area in Texas) that I grabbed a few photos of once. Might see if I can find them

i'm a huge nerd when it comes to the old rough crew when they still rode 86s. here's something i think you'll like. i'll fill you in on all of their past names.

ROUGH CIRCUS CLUB (1990)
Rough (1991)
ROUGH STYLE (1992?)
ROUGH UNITY (1992)
ROUGH WORLD (1994) >> ROUGH JAPAN (1998) (rough japan is a subsidiary of rough world that consists of some members such as katsumi inagaki)
RAUH WELT (1996?)

message me and i can add you on discord if you want to nerd out together.

also, that rough world x81 in the post above is kazuhiro tanaka from team orange in 1995.

Last edited:
i'm a huge nerd when it comes to the old rough crew when they still rode 86s. here's something i think you'll like. i'll fill you in on all of their past names.

ROUGH CIRCUS CLUB (1990)
Rough (1991)
ROUGH STYLE (1992?)
ROUGH UNITY (1992)
ROUGH WORLD (1994) >> ROUGH JAPAN (1998) (rough japan is a subsidiary of rough world that consists of some members such as katsumi inagaki)
RAUH WELT (1996?)

also, that rough world x81 in the post above is kazuhiro tanaka from team orange in 1995.
Great post. I'm not on Discord much, but would love to join.

ROUGH CIRCUS CLUB (1990)
Rough (1991)
ROUGH STYLE (1992?)
ROUGH UNITY (1992)
RAUH WELT (1996?)

a small thing i forgot to mention, they had a subsidiary in the early 2000s called violence world who also did drifting. (i don't really know much about it, except it was comprised of a few rough members)

on top of that, a friend of mine was telling me about rough mario, a team name used by tanaka and asamoto before team orange.

Back