Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 526 comments
Can anyone tell me the difference between the M6 Sprint and the M6 Endurance models? Both are Gr.3 and both have the same stock settings, gears, aero, suspension, and same powerplant.
What is the big difference?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the M6 Sprint and the M6 Endurance models? Both are Gr.3 and both have the same stock settings, gears, aero, suspension, and same powerplant.
What is the big difference?
Fuel tank capacity?🧐 I’ve wondered the same thing 🍻

Whatever it is, it doesn't appear on any of the spec sheets!
Isn’t 2/3 of the ford gt gr3 cars also have the same specs? I swear there was another duo🧐 one would have to assume that there is some sort of difference between the “two” different cars besides a model/year name change, right? If not what’s the point?🍻 oh yah the point is PD’s logic, more shiny things attract people. Idk the bop has gotten a little better but it still doesn’t make sense to me why to bop the entire race class of 20+ cars or whatever but still only have 1-2 maybe 3 different cars able to compete. I’m fairly certain (without doing any actual research) that even without a bop there would be 1-3 cars that would work. Never ending paragraph over🍻

it still doesn’t make sense to me why to bop the entire race class of 20+ cars or whatever but still only have 1-2 maybe 3 different cars able to compete. I’m fairly certain (without doing any actual research) that even without a bop there would be 1-3 cars that would work
Good point. I guess at best the BOP at least allows constant switching and rotating of the meta cars so they all get used over the years. Some more than others...

I like the manu series races more than the dailies because some races suit the power cars more, others the handling cars so it evens out over time. Theres also a range of challenges. You can have a real advantage at winning in some races and other times are trying to pull a half decent finish out of the bag.

All this above still has not answered my question, maybe I shall ask the wise old owl...
20230411_002852.jpg

I Dont drink...
smart choice. But confused about the statement? No one mentioned drinking…
What’s the wise old owls answer?
( the difference between the 2 cars you’d mentioned) is the number 3. A made up number to a question that doesn’t have an answer. Just like how many licks does it take to get that to the center of a tootsie pop?
Cheers. (🍻)

Last edited:
Do you need a PlayStation Plus subscription to race in Sport Mode?

I was under the impression this was the case, but my new account doesn’t have one and I can still access it.
Did I illegally complete a Daily Race B just now? xD

Only thing I can think of is that I have an account that does have a subscription.
So does one paid account on a PS5 allow unpaid accounts into Sport Mode?

Do you need a PlayStation Plus subscription to race in Sport Mode?

I was under the impression this was the case, but my new account doesn’t have one and I can still access it.
Did I illegally complete a Daily Race B just now? xD

Only thing I can think of is that I have an account that does have a subscription.
So does one paid account on a PS5 allow unpaid accounts into Sport Mode?
Yes, no, yes.

Question regarding new parts and upgrades: is there any optimal order that certain parts or upgrades should be applied?
I personally like to start the weight reduction process after purchasing the bulk of everything else. Does that make any difference?
Also, are there any parts or upgrades that are obsolete without another?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a question for you, I have my son who plays the game all the time and wastes all the money I earn on the few sessions I manage to do a month, is there a block to make sure he can't spend any money on the game? Thank you

Hi guys, I have a question for you, I have my son who plays the game all the time and wastes all the money I earn on the few sessions I manage to do a month, is there a block to make sure he can't spend any money on the game? Thank you
No. The game has no way to identify who it is that's playing on any given account.

Set him up his own account and lock yours with a passcode, using the security features for your PSN account that you can access on your console's settings.

I assume you mean in-game credits earnt through events/races and not actual money via your PSN linked account?

You did not raise him well, I've trained mine so he's doing the DW on SSRX with the Tomahawk, to earn the DW ticket 🤣

(well he used to do it last year, he got bored 😅)

Yes, you can share at any time from Your Library where all your media is saved.

Edit: Your Library is within the Showcase area
thank you, i know ... but from there u only can share on youtube or twitter, not in my Ingame Gallery

thank you, i know ... but from there u only can share on youtube or twitter, not in my Ingame Gallery
I don't really know where you're looking, but that's not possible at all. Replay files can't be shared to YouTube as they are not video files. They are Gran Turismo data files, and contain instructions to recreate a race; there's no video in there at all.

Go to World Map, then Showcase.

1688572653437.png

Select My Items, then Replays.

1688572690093.png

Find the Replay you wish to share and press the "X" button. Select the Share icon, then fill out the required information (and anything else you want to fill in) to share it to your My Page:

1688572722300.png

Yeah, that's what I have to do all the time if I want people to see my videos/races, etc. You can also read the Online menu, they explain a bunch of sections in the game to help you understand them better.

Why can't we get rid of the %5 of power/torque on the vector distribution system? If you can't somehow get rid of that then why not just put in Drivetrain swaps?

Why can't we get rid of the %5 of power/torque on the vector distribution system? If you can't somehow get rid of that then why not just put in Drivetrain swaps?
That's not really a frequently asked question - except in your own posts and profile comments - but it's also one nobody here can answer.

Last edited:
Question regarding new parts and upgrades: is there any optimal order that certain parts or upgrades should be applied?
I personally like to start the weight reduction process after purchasing the bulk of everything else. Does that make any difference?
Also, are there any parts or upgrades that are obsolete without another?
Thanks in advance
Can't find any answer to your questions here, so I'll try:
  1. I don't think there is an "optimal" order of upgrades and changes, because it very much depends on each car individually and what you want to get out of it. Usually, tyre upgrades will give you most bang for buck to get started with, brakes, suspension probably next. And depending on what car you're tuning, you might want to start with the sports upgrades to see the impact, before you go to racing or extreme.
  2. I found that weight reduction has a very significant impact on the car's handling, so again here it is probably a case of trying what works best for each car and what you want to achieve. I once made a lot of upgrades to my Cayman and then purchased the weight reductions. I ended up with a basically undriveable car... 🤷‍♂️ Your mileage may vary, of course.
  3. Again, depending on your car, some parts might even be marked as "N/A", so you can't even purchase them. But as mentioned above, if you're tuning "regular" road cars and you want to try out different things, it might be a good idea to start with sports upgrades before going to the racing tuning parts. But if you're sure about everything you want to do, there would be no point in buying e.g. sports brakes and then buying the racing brakes right afterwards. ;)

Back