Real GT Racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Domejuddv10
  • 7 comments
  • 597 views
i always loved lookin at BMI series:)
 
Best Motoring's a pretty cool show! Who else actually RACES street cars to find out the best?
 
Racing them doesn't prove who's best though, each car has a different driver with different driver skills and due to the traffic is unable toproduce thier best performance. Hot lapping is the best way to find out which car is the fastes on any given track, but even the fastest isn't always the best.
 
BMi does do time attacks with each car though - they always show the results of that session alongside the race results.
Really though, I don't pay much attention to that. I watch it more for entertainment than concrete automotive comparison. Each car will perform better under different conditions, track surfaces/configurations - and without a doubt driver ability and their familiarity with the car is a huge factor. Only testing at Tsukuba, etc, is a narrow approach, but entertaining nonetheless.
 
Welcome to GTP, Domejuddv10.

Videos and photos relating to non-GT4 cars and events belong to the Videos & Photos area, in the Automotive sub-forum.
 
Sadly though, that's the name of the game TVR. Many times a better car or even a better driver is not leading due to race conditions. Boxed out, mechanical or taken out by a crash. If you're a race fan, one of the worst things to see is your favorite driver taken out by another racer or mechanical problem. I watched an F1 race a few weeks ago where one of the top drivers got taken out on the first lap by a rookie driver and TEAMMATE! Man I bet that owner was P.O.'d

Regarding that Tsukuba video, I wish I knew what they were saying, especially the drivers. It's also curious to see the lines in real life racing on the courses we drive in the game. Not much on screen info though. I like the heads up computer displays they have for Nascar and some F1 races where you can see a virtual dashboard of info like speed, RPM, gear, and how much brake and throttle pressure the drivers are using in real time. One thing you see in racing is heel to toe and braking while still on the throttle. Can't do that too easily or at all in GT4 with a ps2 controller.
 
Back