Real life GT4 maps

• Thread starter Lightsped
  • 66 comments
javGT SR
Isn't Cote d'Azur a real track too? I was playing some Formula 1 super nintendo game(Formula 1 World Championship Edition I think) on my computer, and I think I was driving on Monaco and the map looked exactly like the map of Cote d'Azur.
Yes it is, it's home of the only Formula 1 Grand Prix on a street circuit.

Map

has anyone tried emailing polyphony to find out once and for all if they are all real locations and if they could show us photos that they used.

i think il try

Ive been to both Assisi and Capri (took the rowboat ride through the grotto). Its amazing how close to reality those areas are. Im glad that $$$ can be made from the capri track becuase I love seeing the sights.

mattyg41383
Ive been to both Assisi and Capri (took the rowboat ride through the grotto). Its amazing how close to reality those areas are. Im glad that $$$ can be made from the capri track becuase I love seeing the sights.

Agreed, driving Assisi is especially enjoyable after walking the small city. I wonder why they couldn't call it Assisi. Much nicer than Citta di Aria (which is incorrect grammatically anyhow) however "City of the sky" is accurate given the long ride up to Assisi.

JayP
The accuracy of the 'Ring (and LeMans) has made me appreciate the races there.
I can't imagine 24 hours at either track.

GT4 may catapult NurburgRing as one of the most popular tracks in the world.

lole i dont think u have played project gotham, even tho its no way as acurate as gt4's version its still a bloody dream to drive and for me when i got that game that was the reason i first fell in love with the track and its popularity grew. gt just gave it that halping hand it needed on games.

Seoul Central:

Attachments

• seoulcentralmap.jpg
    seoulcentralmap.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 155

A little superimposing shows that they were a little off on the angle, me thinks, but otherwise all good :)

OfUnknownOrgin
how close to reality is Nurburgring, if any of you have actually driven on it.

I've been there with my car in april 2004, there are too many shadows in GT4
I've recorded one of my lap (which isn't allowed btw oops) and there are almost no shadowy parts, in GT4 most of the time you don't see where your are going..I hate it, also there are some parts where the speeds you manage to turn or not are not realistic,,hmmm how can I say that (my english isn't that good) :
there's a corner where even Porsche GT turbos,GT3 RS and M3 Csls had to brake to 80-100kph and had to drop to 2nd gear because of the steep slope and in Gt4 you can pass them in 3rd without much revs dropping that's not very realistic and also the corner just before this one I passed faster with my Focus RS in reality than I can in game...

but hey I'm stupid this has more to do with the cars simulation than the track lol :dunce:
so let's just say there's too many shadows on the Nurb for my liking.

MasterGT
Hardly. GT4's surface is a smooth as a baby's bottom, compared to the real thing.

Cheers,

MasterGT
if i compare my Gt4 laps with the videos i saw i think the real thing is more smooth than the gt4 one. :D

have you got the dfp? the ring can be a pain with a hard suspension setup in gt4...

MasterGT
Hardly. GT4's surface is a smooth as a baby's bottom, compared to the real thing.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Controversial(sp?) but I guess you have more knowledge of this track than me!

A lot of people critized the GT4 Nurb to be too bumpy, imagine in real life:lol:

There's an ancient thread on this from over a year ago, ending well before the realease date, so I'll do this here, not there.

I'm one of these geeks that likes to match the courses to their real-world locations, and it just can't be done with Costa di Amalfi.

There are places in the course that you can find on Capri, but they're not in the right places, if you know what I mean. For example, the buildings along the main straight are the Marina Grande area, no question. Just go to Google's image search and look for capri marina grande. The red building is easy to find, along with the building next to it with the stairways on the front. But those rocks just off the island (Faraglioni, I think) that you can see if you're going down the straight in reverse direction (with the water to your right) are on the other side of the island from Marina Grande. Also, Marina Grande is on the north side of the island, yet in GT4 it faces the sun. Unless you're in the tropics in summer, you can't do that in the northern hemisphere.

I don't mean to say THIS SUCKS, or anything like that. I love the Amalfi course, it's one of my favorites. I'm just saying I don't think it's really out there on the island.

I haven't started yet looking for Hong Kong or Seoul, New York should be fairly easy. The earlier post somewhere on New York is not quite right in the northeast corner, I don't think, but I'm not sure. Citta di Aria is mapped exactly in Assisi, no fantasy or adjustment of scenery there.

wfooshee
I haven't started yet looking for Hong Kong or Seoul, New York should be fairly easy.

I've done Seoul, just a few posts up. New York has been done too. Hong Kong is proving difficult, although I'm convinced the track is next to Kowloon Bay.

liam0114
yeah it was but i think thats changed and its now just a race track, cars dont go on it anymore (unless they are racing lol)
the the start/ finish straight is still public road I believe But just where the F1 cars go into La source the firdt turn , the public road goes straight ahead.

imagine having to drive to work up eau rougue, that would make the drive in on a rainy monday morning so much more pleasent. alas now we cant :(

I've driven the 'ring a few times IRL and the GT4 recreation is very, very good. I would not say that its too bumpy or not bumpy enough, because that very much depends in the car your in. I drove the 'ring in a '03 Celica both in game and IRL and could not feel a lot of difference.

With regard to shadows, that just depends on the time of year and time of day you visit. Go in the middle of summer at midday and you are not going to get many long shadows at all, early moring in Autumn is going to be totally different. Sorry but complaining about shadow length just seems a bit silly as this is constantly changing variable on any tree lined circuit. Head over to the Radical site and download the video of Phil Bennet in the SR3T, this was the last run of the day and shot in July and the shadows are very long.

For me the single biggest difference between the real 'ring and the GT4 'ring is the weather. Given its length and the altitude changes it is possiable to find a dry clear track with bright sunshine on one side and rain with cloud cover and low visability at the other side.

Back