Real Life Street Drags

• Thread starter Slash
  • 487 comments
It was scheduled for tonight but I had to move it to sometime this week. Date is still unsure.
Slash,as much as I hate to do it,Im going to acclaim you as the only credible character on here,at least you have bonified confidence,thats the first virtue that lends to any credibility in Hotrodding anything,you have insight, you have a decent demeanor,I appreciate that. You are a good kid that will excel!

Slash,as much as I hate to do it,Im going to acclaim you as the only credible character on here,at least you have bonified confidence,thats the first virtue that lends to any credibility in Hotrodding anything,you have insight, you have a decent demeanor,I appreciate that. You are a good kid that will excel!

Thanks!! I hope to one day open a classic car restoration shop with a couple friends that are into it as much as I am.

Agreed 👍 Even though he can be quite biased sometimes, I still agree with this 100%

I've got one. I added the dog-dish hub caps and deleted the spoiler for the looks. I dropped an M22 with 4.10s. Then I matched up the torque and limited the power to 500ish. I also upgraded the brakes a little to be more heavy duty like the real thing. I had to match up the weight, too. It's as close as you can get to the real thing.

What are the full specs for 1969 Camaro Z-L1 COPO 9560 I've found 500hp/450ft-lb 1498kg on supercars.net

What site did you get the specs from? I found fastlaps.com
We use factory output ratings for L88 & ZL-1 blocks, and use stage 1 weight reduction for "cutting the fat" on the car. Obviously the motors actual output was higher than 435 horsepower, but we're keeping it at stock numbers to stay competitive to others.

We use factory output ratings for L88 & ZL-1 blocks, and use stage 1 weight reduction for "cutting the fat" on the car. Obviously the motors actual output was higher than 435 horsepower, but we're keeping it at stock numbers to stay competitive to others.

ok I been building replica's since gt5 and would like to start drag racing when the room is available

The funny thing is, it wasn't competitive with anything except for those other companies with the dealers with 428 Mustangs and Hemi Mopars. It was that fast. I like to keep with the realism, that's why I use the 500+ horsepower rating. We need a class for cars with over 500 horsepower like these.

You're right and its slightly faster than most of the cars we run even with the 435hp rating. Regardless that what we will run to keep it semi realistic.

You're right and its slightly faster than most of the cars we run even with the 435hp rating. Regardless that what we will run to keep it semi realistic.

But think of it this way thats the equivalent, of running a GT500 Super snake vs Mustang GT, or Base Model Corvette vs Corvette Zr-1 today. It was a special edition.

But think of it this way thats the equivalent, of running a GT500 Super snake vs Mustang GT, or Base Model Corvette vs Corvette Zr-1 today. It was a special edition.

Yeah, I know. And it's still faster than most of the things we run save for a lot of the high performance cars.

Considering the different horsepower, suspension, and tire improvements of those models, of course the high performance models will outperform. Back in the 60s, tire options were limited and most muscle needed significantly better rubber than provided to outperform the other models, otherwise it would just spin on the line. The room limits of Sport Soft tires are for street tire limitations for street-legal soft composition tires, while many of these cars had something close to Comfort hard-medium for real tires.

Slash make sure you drop a notification about when the next room is up. I kind of have a hankering for think kind of race at the moment for no reason :lol:

Slash make sure you drop a notification about when the next room is up. I kind of have a hankering for think kind of race at the moment for no reason :lol:

Will do. I still have to send out the memo and make up 2 lobbies.

ill have a room open tonight. Number will be put up around 8. This is the make up for Pontiac night.

You mean the U.S. or U.K. show? The U.K. one just had the McLaren P1, and I really wish that was on GT6. D:

UK, I don't consider the US version to be as good as the UK. It's like they're trying to hard to do what's already been done, and they are nowhere near as funny

Back