Really Radical Racing - RetiredPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 144 comments
I have a question about the formation lap. Is there a specific reason for going under 100km/h in all that lap?

We were already in formation after the 2nd corner, so it felt like we could’ve kept formation while still going at higher speed.

tal
I have a question about the formation lap. Is there a specific reason for going under 100km/h in all that lap?

We were already in formation after the 2nd corner, so it felt like we could’ve kept formation while still going at higher speed.
I think it was for safety, it was relatively new process for the group, and I think we got lucky with a quickly formed line up, it could have taken longer with a bit of brain fog creeping in. F1 do a whole lap and they are already in the right positions lol. A 100kmh is quite fast for some of us oldies!!

Yes, as Simon says above, it pretty much is for safety reasons. Contact and off track moments can still occur on a formation lap so travelling at those slower speeds can give anyone a chance to catch up. Also it's a good pace to allow you to warm up the tyres a little more. (And it's good for tension building :))

At Hockenheim I think I'll remove the 'no overtaking before the first corner' rule. It's not such a tight turn and there's plenty of run off area - track limits will be off because drivers inevitably run wide there on occasions.

Last edited:
Yes, as Simon says above, it pretty much is for safety reasons. Contact and off track moments can still occur on a formation lap so travelling at those slower speeds can give anyone a chance to catch up. Also it's a good pace to allow you to warm up the tyres a little more. (And it's good for tension building :))
I need a bit more information - when I can accelerate? When car just ahead of me accelerate or when any car in front accelerate?

@Napalm_LT
It is when the pole sitter decides along the start/finish straight (but before the line). Now depending on where you are positioned you may not be able to see the front of the field so you may have to judge when any of the cars ahead of you accelerate. Regardless of those in front, once you have passed the start line you can accelerate anyway.

Results from Hockenheim.

PROJECT__9.jpg

PROJECT__10.jpg

PROJECT__12.jpg

@half_sourly race 3 is slightly more complicated than it appears. The game had a bit of a fit at the start and put Ricardo (RPREGO) a lap behind everyone else. He actually finished 7th and those below should move down 1 slot. Me to 8th, Beach to 9th etc. Rich and Joao (jmpa) also started the race but didn't finish.
Sorry for the confusion! :boggled:

Last edited:
Results from Hockenheim.

View attachment 1155835

View attachment 1155833

View attachment 1155834

@half_sourly race 3 is slightly more complicated than it appears. The game had a bit of a fit at the start and put Ricardo (RPREGO) a lap behind everyone else. He actually finished 7th and those below should move down 1 slot. Me to 8th, Beach to 9th etc. Rich and Joao (jmpa) also started the race but didn't finish.
Sorry for the confusion! :boggled:
Thank you for clearing the mess Paul! A minor glitch in a great racing evening - lots of fun, racing all the way!

Sounds like a plan! ;)

Meanwhile, last night did a few laps (with raeggee, Artur and Ricardo) around not-Suzuka and the final section of the short version with the SR3 is very very difficult, much more so than it was with the BMW M3s we raced there. I suggest keeping track limits to off during the SR3 races because you don't really gain time if you mess up and even a malicious attempt at corner cutting will most probably either:
a) slow you down; or
b) make you crash; or
c) enter the pits and get instant DQ for excessive speed :dopey:

As for the long version with the road car, it's a nightmare as expected! :lol:

raeggee and me ended up doing the GP version with a few classic F1 Lotus cars. The 49C is difficult but the 72 (Fittipaldi) is a pleasure to drive, another box ticked I never had tried that car. Strongly recommended.

I have very strange issue - I can't sent invites to a party. First time it happened 2 or 3 weeks ago. I thought R2 button broke on my wheel, but while on track R2 button works as it should. I coneccted DS4, but while in the loby R2 button of DS4 doesn't work too.
Few months ago I have problem I couldn't recieve invites - noticed privacy settings changed somehow, I changed them and problem gone. Thought probably something similar has happened now too, but I couldn't find any settings according to "send invites".
I know @IfAndOr and others are better at settings - do you have any idea?

@IfAndOr unfortunately, I'll have to work late today, so I won't be able to race with you all for this round! Hope everyone has a great race and I hope to be back next week!

Cheers all!

Last edited:
Had zero practise the week (gulp).
Just throwing an idea out there, has there been a season where the tracks aren't known in advance of the evening. 10min familiarisation before qually. Or something similar.

Thanks muchly @half_sourly. All the typing/clicking/data entering is appreciated. 👍

unfortunately, I'll have to work late today, so I won't be able to race with you all for this round!
I haven't devised one for on track yet, but my out of game handicap system is at work. It'll give everyone a chance to catch up. :P
Hope to see you next week at Barcelona Duarte. :)

has there been a season where the tracks aren't known in advance of the evening
There hasn't as such. For the main series many/some :) like to practice beforehand so I usually provide a tracklist. I have previously ran some fun Friday evening races where the tracks are randomly generated by the throw of a dice. It can make it interesting!
I haven't done it for a while. Maybe I could run a few races again if anyone is keen.

* Nothing really to note for Sakkito. The track limits will be off. Overtaking before corner 1 on the "Go" lap is allowed.

Thanks muchly @half_sourly. All the typing/clicking/data entering is appreciated. 👍
No worries
There hasn't as such. For the main series many/some :) like to practice beforehand so I usually provide a tracklist. I have previously ran some fun Friday evening races where the tracks are randomly generated by the throw of a dice. It can make it interesting!
I haven't done it for a while. Maybe I could run a few races again if anyone is keen.
I like Simon's idea; it would take pressure off the need to practice. You could of course gamble by practicing at specific tracks...

Just as a process of elimination - have you tried it with your wheel disconnected from the PS4? That way you only have the buttons on the controller.
It works with DS4 when wheel is of.
Probably I found the problem - I added damper on a throtle and with the pedal full depresed HUD shows pedal is 1-2 % presed . Tried to adjust damper, but these 1-2 % of throtle left depresed anyway. I don't remember - is it normal?
I can adjust pedal deadzone but don't have windows PC :(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back