Reaper Racing Club - 450pp Production Car Cup

• Thread starter hobbsy
  • 212 comments
England
Warwick/UK
Nemesis-Reaper
450pp Production Car Cup

London_5.jpg

Hi everyone, as promised (to those in the know) here is my plan for a 450pp Production Car Cup racing club.

Event Details
Time: Wednesday Qualification starts at 9:15pm GMT (Room Open by 9:00pm) Race Format: Practise, Qualify 10mins alone, Race 40/45 mins - with 1 mandatory pitstop!
10 mins open quali, 2 sort races, 2nd race with reverse grid.

Room Settings

Limited Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force - Prohibited
  • Active Steering - Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management - Prohibited
  • Driving Line - Prohibited
  • Traction Control - Prohibited
  • ABS - Available
Race Settings
  • Start Type - Grid
  • Grid Order - Fastest First
  • Boost - Off
  • Penalty - None
  • Tyre/Fuel Depletion - Very Fast
  • Grip Reduction - Real
  • Minimum No Pit stops - 1
  • Require Tyre Change - No
  • Mechanical Damage - Light
  • Slipstream Strength - Real

Car selection by PP only. Cars must be eligible for the road use, therefore Valid MOT, Tax and Insurance is required ;)

Car Allowence/Specifications
  • Cars must be Stock - No performance modifications.
  • Tyres are Comfort Softs/Sports Hard (Track depending)
  • Cars must be deemed a model available for legal road use! (no Race or Concepts)
  • No aftermarket tuned cars
  • Due to economic climate, Cars must be Cr 85’000. or less….
  • Car PP range 400 - 465 inclusive
  • Car PP entry to event = 450
The PP restriction will be 450 for entry to the event, So performance restriction (bhp) will be allowed to expand the range of cars available.

The car range is Based on a Max PP Value of up to and including 465, I’ve set a lower limit just to narrow down the list (see below)

I'm considering a handicap system to try and keep the Field close / balanced but lets see how we get on first…!

I have made a filtered Car List to show all available cars that meet the conditions imposed.

Car List

Racing Conduct
I don't want to lay any rules down other than be clean and have fun. If a significant amount of the field takes issue with how you drive in a race you will not be invited back to join in the fun next time, as simple as that.
All I ask is you race fair and with respect, and if you do have a moment I would expect a mature approach to resolve the situation.

If you need more information about conduct, rules & guidance then this is the best place to look,

GTP OLR Rules & Guidelines

I hope to hold a Practise session this Wednesday night (12th Feb, 9:00pm GMT), depending on numbers. Once we have a healthy number of people we will start. I’ll get more details together about tracks etc soon.

Let me know your thoughts/interest, if you wish to join just let me know

Edit: to join you will need to send a Friends Request to my PSN "Nemesis-Reaper", as the lobby will be Friends only.

Thanks

Last edited:
450 Production Car Cup - Season 1.
Each event will have a themed car suggestion (with supporting car list), and target lap time based on a themed car. I will try to pick a car that is middle of the range, so that there is room to balance for skill level.

You will always be free to choose any car from the original car list, but The idea is to experiment with various cars, and have close exciting races. So if you struggle to find a themed car that is competitive, there are other options available. So far the group, has been closely match in ability/skill, but the allowance of deviations from the theme has not worked out as planned (4WD dominance :mad:).

There are always going to be cars that are much faster than others, as there are people. so it is up to you to set how challenging the race is.
As a suggestion, If you're are finding you are much quicker than the target time in your chosen car, you could restrict the power to bring your time in line.

As an old school teacher on sports day said to me.... "It's not the winning, but the taking part that matters"

Personally a "Win" is only an achievement if it was a fair fight and a challenge to get it, I hope that transpires to these races for others too.​

Circuit Calendar - Season 1.

Round 1.
Date: 19th Feb
Circuit: Silverstone - Stowe circuit.
Track Time: Day
Car Classification: Hot hatch [car list link]
Laps: 2 x 20
Target Lap Time = 1:00.5 (+/-0.5s)​
stowe.jpg

Round 2.
Date: 26th Feb
Circuit: Brands Hatch - Indy Circuit.
Track Time: Late evening.
Car Classification: Saloons/Sedans (Touring Cars!!!) [car list]
Laps: 2 x 20
Target Lap Time = 56s (+/-0.5s)
Notes:- 4WD - Max Comfort Soft Tyres​

Brands Hatch Indy.jpg

Round 3.
Date: 5th March
Circuit: Willow Springs - The Streets of...
Track Time: Dusk
Car Classification: V8's [car list]
Laps TBC
Target Lap Time = 1:33.500 (+/-1.0)
Notes:- FR & V8 only - Max Comfort Hard Tyres
streets of willow4.png

Round 4.
Date: 12th 19th March
Circuit: Laguna Seca
Track Time: Day
Car Classification: roadsters / sports [car list]
Laps: 12
Target Lap Time = 1:48.5 (+/-0.5s)
Notes:- No 4WD - Max Comfort Soft Tyres - MAX PP 425
Laguna-Seca.jpg

Further races will be scheduled nearer the time of the last race...​

Attachments

• streets of willow2.jpg
    streets of willow2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Cheese and rice, look at that car list!

Can't wait for this one. Obviously I'm fully there on Wednesday 👍.

It works then?

I think it will work well, if people are ahead of the general pack they have options to pick something a tad slower to keep them in the pack. Interested to see how the handicap system will work, I think it'll be good!

All the cars I have tuned so far for online are 450PP on Sports Hards. You'll find the link to my garage in my sig. I've avoided many of the popular cars I think are overrated so far like the Elises, NSX's etc. and tried to focus on some of the lesser know but still fast, or just fun to drive rides. You'll find a lap time spreadsheet there as well so you can compare the cars head to head in terms of raw lap times and each tune comes with a Bathurst Top Speed so you can see their high speed potential. :cheers:

I think this series is stock only Johnny. Good to see you're about still, you joining us for some of these? It's been a while... :P
Ahh sorry..missed that:guilty:. I have a hard time making races in my own time zone...so not likely...:lol:

I might be able to bring the lobby open time forward slightly, but as for the race :confused:!

Obviously i have my reasons why I've pick 9pm, for now i think we should see what interest the thread brings, and go from there.

Cheers

Who's looking forward to the opening of the series at the super-secret location AKA London then?

I'm half torn between using the FTO or a Silvia S15, or I might come with something different on the day :P.

Just to confirm, this wednesday will be an open practise... with maybe a spot race or two, and the following week will be the Official Start. I will release a full calendar later this week 👍

Who's looking forward to the opening of the series at the super-secret location AKA London then?

o/

I'm half torn between using the FTO or a Silvia S15, or I might come with something different on the day :P.

I will prepare a NSX '95 as a backup for the S2000 in case it's power is not enough for the main straight.

In my testing the S15 laps almost identically to the S2K at Brands-Hatch, predictably the FTO is around 2 seconds slower - might be off-set at the small London track though. I think the fun of the series here is we can pick and choose like we're doing in order to match whatevers on the field - it's good stuff!

I'm still not sure on what car i'm going for first! I have some favorites, but they have been PDQ cars!!!

Car Allowence/Specifications
  • Cars must be Stock - No performance modifications.
  • Tyres are Comfort Softs/Sports Hard (Track depending)
  • Cars must be deemed a model available for legal road use! (no Race or Concepts)
  • No aftermarket tuned cars
  • Due to economic climate, Cars must be Cr 85’000. or less….
  • Car PP range 400 - 465 inclusive
  • Car PP entry to event = 450

I am new to the gtplanet online scene. To be clear, what does the term No performance modifications mean? What changes are allowed? For example:
  • Are changing oil or body rigidity improvement allowed?
  • How about suspension, racing breaks and transmission?
  • Clutch and flywheel? Propeller Shaft? Differential?
So far my cars are straight from shop, only thing modified is break balance... For NSX I would love to adjust gear ratios and suspension, S2000 is fine to drive as it is.

I do not mean to change the regulations, I just want to be clear what the rules are intended to be :)

Also, which tyres will be used for London?

The only thing you need to do is change the oil, its up to you if you choose to do this as its not strictly necessary. Other than that no other performance mods allowed. Not sure about the body rigidity improvement though!

The idea here is to race with the cars as they would have come off the production line.
Its not going to perfect to start with, as some cars are naturally faster than others... so we just need to find a balance.

I have some ideas to play around with the cars we have, and your by no means tied to any single car you may pick.

Hope this helps. :)

Edit: sorry, yes you can play with bb, as ABS setting is your choice

Will let you know on Tyres

Back