Reaper Racing Club - 450pp Production Car Cup

• Thread starter hobbsy
  • 212 comments
^Chassis rigidity is an odd one^ as far as I can tell it depends on the car whether you can install it and still be eligible for 'stock' restrictions. To be honest I doubt it matters - I've done lots of testing with and without chassis rigidity on street cars and i challenge anyone who can honestly tell any improvement with or without it.

I'm not at all bothered about some cars being faster than others; I'm here to have close racing with cars I want to run with, not run away from the pack with whatever car happens to be the fastest. I'll be choosing cars that I can run similar laps with to whoever else is on the field at the time - lower or upper grid doesn't matter to me.

Did a bit of testing tonight with a small selection of cars...

here is a quick vid i put together of my 22B round a Secret location somewhere in the UK!!! Running on Sport Hards, Offline...

lap time was Sub 60secs... :)

Got it, thanks :)

My time is 1:01.192 with S2000, but I think I can improve it a little if I have time to practice tomorrow :)

edit: wow, simultaneous post with MC-Chase :)

Tried a couple more;

- Celica GT4 - 1:01.6
- Evolution 4 - 0:59.8
- '91 Mark 3 RX7 - 1:00.7

Surprised the Celica was the slowest I tested to be honest, especially considering how potent the Impreza and Evolution are here.

What kind of lap times you for with Silvia S15 and S2000? Just curious :)

Haven't tested them. Based on Brands-Hatch I imagine they'll lap 1:00.6 to 1:00.8. I'll give it a test for real in a bit.

EDIT: Real quick 3 laps with both

S15 - 1:01.2
S2K - 1:00.5

Although the S15 is an easy match for the S2K on high speed cornering and I'm sure it'd beat it in the straights the S2K is just far more nimble on corner entry and gets it's power down much easier after low speed corners - which means around London it's a lot quicker, much like the FTO does a good job around here for the same reasons; also, the S2K's brakes are just insane, like leagues ahead of anything else! If I did a few more laps reckon the S2K wouldn't be far off breaking the minute to be honest!

Also I was wrong on the RX7 time, it was 1:00.3 not 1:00.7.

further edit:

Gave the Z32 a quick blast - this'll be a real good choice for the longer tracks I think but was expecting it to be just useless at London, it got a 1:01.2 in the end - not half bad!

Last edited:
^^ yeah my bad ^^

I was considering running CS for street circuits and SH for purpose made race tracks... but as everyone (myself included, by mistake!) Has been testing on SH's then we will probably stick with these until further notice.

Once again, tomorrow will just be a practise / informal race night, to see how things stack up and see how many numbers we get.

:)👍

^looks like you got about 6 or so of us already! Not bad going for a two day old thread 0_o! Don't think this will take long to fill to be honest.

The super-secret location is London! Not really a secret now but whatever :lol:.

You joining us for some of these Aardvark, be good to catch you there!

I should be on tonight at 9pm and I'll certainly join in for a casual practice. Now, which car shall I have....

I should be on tonight at 9pm and I'll certainly join in for a casual practice. Now, which car shall I have....

Cool, looking forward to actually racing around with others on track... I can pick one for you if you like ;)

Also to give you a little bit of insight into what might come up for future races, I'm building more data into the car list (along with a MCL), so that we can pick a category to fine tune a car selection / race format... i.e. V6's, Hot hatch, Roadsters, Super 2.0l's...:D

Last edited:
I am all set. I am gonna start with the S2000 and have couple of backup cars if I cannot keep up with others :)Looking forward to some close racing! :)

edit: got 1.00.4 once last night but lots of variation between laps...

Last edited:
Ok, to verify since us 'Mericans are a little slow. I can buy any stock street car between 400pp and 465pp, less than 85,000 and race it? I can't tune up to 450pp if lower, but I can limit down to 450pp if higher?

Correct,

plus there is a Car List in original post (this excludes tuned versions, concept and Race cars, automatically for you)

Also you may perform oil change, even if this takes you over 465, as you will have to limit anyway, but it may help equalise with a car below 450

Back