Recommend me a Ferrari

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gee-dub-ya
  • 35 comments
  • 2,409 views
Messages
326
Messages
Gee-dub-ya
The time has come for me to buy my first Ferrari. But I'm not sure which one to get. It doesn't have to be the out and out fastest or most powerful when fully tuned.Just one that will handle really well, can be mildly tuned and still be a nice drive, rather than blowing away all comers on the straights then being a pig in the corners.

Basically a good all rounder.
 
458 Italia was my first Ferrari, and I never regretted it.
 
Has to be the Italia mate, if I could only ever drive one, that would be the one.
 
The 430 scuderia is a better car,IMO ofcourse.
 
I like the F430 '06. It's fast enough out of the box to take out the Enzo in the Ferrari event and I think it has smooth handling for being a 500 HP supercar on Sports tires.
 
Enzo... with some tuning.. its an amazing car!

Heres my tune:

Fully upgrade car and equip soft racing tires.
Transmission: set to top out at 255
LSD: 10/40/20 (not messed with this yet)
Suspension:
Height: -15/-15
Springs: 7.5/9.0
Dampers (Ext): 8/8
Dampers (Com): 7/7
Anti-Roll: 6/6
Camber: 2.0/1.2
Toe: 0/0.20
Brakes: 5/3
Traction control: 6
ABS: 1

Prawny1 Tunes
 
Can't really go wrong with any of them I think :)

My first was the 458, and even fully tuned it still handles beautifully. Haven't done a lot with it untuned though... still have to buy one to keep stock :D

The 430 scud is awesome as well, I would find it hard to call one better than the other, I'd need to test them extensively for that.

The other day I bought a 599 which I ran stock in the Ferrari event, I was impressed, it's a nice handling and very fast car! A bit tricky in the corners on it's standard tires with no aids though :)

If you like a challenge, the older Ferrari's are nice as well, can be a bit more of a handful! Gotta love the F40!

The Enzo is very good as well, though overpriced for it's performance. Tune it to the max and it's an absolute beast though.
 
I have both the 458 and the 430 Scuderia - the 430 is much, much better once modified!!! More power, less weight, etc.
 
Just get them all.

^ This :)


As you are asking for an allrounder, starting with the italia is a good idea. The F430 or its buffed brother the Scuderia are very nice drives too. The Enzo is a little more demanding and I wouldn't recommend the F40 as the first ferrari. It has a lot of character though.
It is definately a good idea to get them all in the end. I got them all except for the F10/F2007 as I don't really like F1 cars. The SP1 is more of a collectors item and isn't really needed for the full 'Ferrari experience' :)
Enjoy!
 
My first was a 458, then I got the Enzo and the F430 scuderia.

To be honest I enjoy driving the Scuderia more then the other two.

Fully tuned Enzo + tune is sick though.

In the end you will end up buying all of them, just get any one of these three as your first and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
 
Hi their,
My First Ferrari and only Ferrari Sports car along with Enzo,SP1 is The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. Trust me, It is a truly a Proper Driver's Car, In addition to predictably brutal acceleration -- that's what 612 hp will do for you -- the 599 GTB provides a soundtrack to savor. The unmistakable shriek of the V12 under hard acceleration changes to a guttural hum at part throttle and nearly disappears at high cruising speeds, where wind noise is practically the only indication of pace. The F1 gearbox provides instantaneous gearchanges that no human could hope to match, but its single-clutch design prevents it from being as smooth as the newer dual-clutch units. In tight corners, the 599 GTB remains so flat and composed that the usual indicators of fast-approaching limits, such as body roll and tire squeal, are absent. It's hard to imagine improvement here, but the HGTE package does sharpen the 599's character a touch, Brakes? They haul you down from speed with ease and remarkable precision. Power? There's plenty of it all the way to the 8400-rpm redline.… Steering? It's a hair on the overboosted side, but it loads up nicely and communicates the tires' distress level well. A 599 with the HGTE package is as neutral as the standard car, if not more so, thanks to the lower center of gravity and slightly wider contact patch in the front.
 
I'm going to give the 430 Scuderia a go i think.

Cheers
 
Hi their,
My First Ferrari and only Ferrari Sports car along with Enzo,SP1 is The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. Trust me, It is a truly a Proper Driver's Car, In addition to predictably brutal acceleration -- that's what 612 hp will do for you -- the 599 GTB provides a soundtrack to savor. The unmistakable shriek of the V12 under hard acceleration changes to a guttural hum at part throttle and nearly disappears at high cruising speeds, where wind noise is practically the only indication of pace. The F1 gearbox provides instantaneous gearchanges that no human could hope to match, but its single-clutch design prevents it from being as smooth as the newer dual-clutch units. In tight corners, the 599 GTB remains so flat and composed that the usual indicators of fast-approaching limits, such as body roll and tire squeal, are absent. It's hard to imagine improvement here, but the HGTE package does sharpen the 599's character a touch, Brakes? They haul you down from speed with ease and remarkable precision. Power? There's plenty of it all the way to the 8400-rpm redline.… Steering? It's a hair on the overboosted side, but it loads up nicely and communicates the tires' distress level well. A 599 with the HGTE package is as neutral as the standard car, if not more so, thanks to the lower center of gravity and slightly wider contact patch in the front.

I want one! I want one! Do you take VISA? :D
 
My first Ferrari was the 512BB - seduced by its looks. It's fast, but twitchy with it and it's one of the few cars I run with ASM on to keep it in line.

I recommend the California. Nice-looking and FR means its a little more user-friendly too. Plus 650bhp ain't too shabby either.
 
I believe the 430 Scuderia is the fastest. In fact, I don't know of any street cars with similar hp that are faster. It's also very stable and easy to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a Ferrari.
 
My first Ferrari was the 512BB - seduced by its looks. It's fast, but twitchy with it and it's one of the few cars I run with ASM on to keep it in line.

I recommend the California. Nice-looking and FR means its a little more user-friendly too. Plus 650bhp ain't too shabby either.

But why???:sick:
 
430 Scuderia plus some upgrades, including Aero ones from GT Auto (rear wing comes painted in body colour, unlike most other cars which just get black ones!). 458 Italia is also great, but when comparing stock versions I think the 430 Scuderia is a bit more of a racer.

Haven't tried the Enzo yet, but first I am saving up now for the 330 P4. Loved that one in the S-licence test.
 
The OP already went for the scuderia. I think the question has been answered...
 
Get the 458 Italia and leave it at stock. Simple as that:)
 
458, I have a metallic blue one and its basically the best looking, sounding, and driving feel car in the game.
 
599 is the fastest dont any of you disagree either
 
I think you should try Italia or scuderia.
 
Back